Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris”

• Bruce lee 56 votes
      70%
    • Chuck Norris 24 votes
      30%

(80 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2009B78C-2C7C-457B-B2C8-9D2462ADCFB2 (resized).jpeg
    BD64FDF2-F85C-4134-8602-DF93CD7068E9 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20190921-090655_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

So for years people have asked the question Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris? So here we go again asking the pinball community what they think. Who was the master of the Martial Arts. Me , myself selecting Bruce Lee watching him on the weekends on Kong fu theater was awesome , he always whooping people’s ass. Lol

#2 4 years ago

Chuck

#3 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20190921-090655_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190921-090655_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #4 4 years ago

Chuck was "Hollywood" Kung Fu. Bruce was the real deal.

But all those "Chuck Norris is so fast he could run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head" jokes wouldn't be as funny if you substituted Bruce.

#5 4 years ago

Bruce!

(but Chuck for the memes )

#6 4 years ago

I wouldn't want to tango with either of them!

Bruce had some quick hand movements though, so Bruce for the win.

Agreed, CK jokes can't be transferred to BL.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Chuck was "Hollywood" Kung Fu. Bruce was the real deal.
    But all those "Chuck Norris is so fast he could run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head" jokes wouldn't be as funny if you substituted Bruce.

Chuck Norris was certainly more than just Hollywood. He was in fact an active fighter in competitions for years and years.

I still pic Bruce Lee. He was the master

#8 4 years ago

Just watch way of the Dragon for your answer.

Bruce all the way, but chuck is no slouch that's for sure

#9 4 years ago

Bruce Lee I also think a kung Fu Bruce Lee could make for a cool pin.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Bruce Lee I also think a kung Fu Bruce Lee could make for a cool pin.

We have Dragon Fist, but an updated Bruce Lee pin would be cool.

#11 4 years ago

I pitched that idea to Stern Pinball 12 years ago. You can see how far that went.

Quoted from FatPanda:

We have Dragon Fist, but an updated Bruce Lee pin would be cool.

#12 4 years ago

Chuck Norris is one of the best martial artists that the world has ever seen. Full stop, no doubting that fact.

BUT

Bruce Lee was on another level entirely. He’s a Legend. The Master. Best mixed martial arts fighter ever.

#13 4 years ago

Bruce Lee for me but, Chuck Norris was a World Champion not just a Hollywood actor.

#14 4 years ago

Seriously? Bruce Lee.

Chuck was very good. Not legendary.

#15 4 years ago

Judo Gene LeBell would have kicked both their asses.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from LouDuva:

Judo Gene LeBell would have kicked both their asses.

This!

#17 4 years ago

A few things first... one Bruce was an actor first, who became a movie star sensation. We weighed at most 140lbs. This allowed him to be quick, he threw all 140 lbs into his punches and kicks. Plus he was so well rounded in his fighting technique (He learned as many styles as he could, think modern MMA).

Chuck is a bigger guy, 170lbs. He was strictly a Karate Champion back in the 70s but recently has become a black belt in Brazilian Jujitsu and Judo.

So in the 70's I would say Bruce would win because he was more well rounded for actual fighting vs competition fighting. But if Bruce still lived it would be a very close match since Chuck has also become a mixed martial artist.

Cool question though. Too bad Mr. Lee isn't alive to see the world of MMA. Something he had a hand in inventing.

#18 4 years ago

Chuck is a great dude all around and he was also a real fighter who went like 30 wins back in the day even beating Lews, there is some video of his early bouts, he was silent but methodical.

Another great was Joe Lewis, never met him but I know Superfoot (Bill Wallace), and Bill said he was an animal, a great great fighter and a great friend.

Bruce didn't do competitive fighting, but strictly was on form and style, he was on another level like others have mentioned. I spoke to one person who saw him at a meet in CA back in the day, and they said he saw him use a 3 inch punch with incredible force in a demonstration. They also said he didn't have a large crowd around him, people knew who he was, but that that time his fame wasn't like it was after his death. On screen, Bruce is the most fun to watch and he was incredibly fit and had mastered his body by the time of his death. When he does that side kick in Enter the Dragon, he broke a couple of that guys ribs.

Chuck and Bruce did fight in Way of the Dragon (film), but if they would have competitively fought, Chuck would probably have won because he was so skilled in it. Lee's fame has morphed into a mythology all on it's own.

#19 4 years ago

Bruce Lee has achieved immortality..

BD64FDF2-F85C-4134-8602-DF93CD7068E9 (resized).jpegBD64FDF2-F85C-4134-8602-DF93CD7068E9 (resized).jpeg
    #20 4 years ago

This poll is missing Jean Claude Van Damme

#21 4 years ago

There are a few that missed the list.

2009B78C-2C7C-457B-B2C8-9D2462ADCFB2 (resized).jpeg2009B78C-2C7C-457B-B2C8-9D2462ADCFB2 (resized).jpeg
    #22 4 years ago

I voted for Master Bruce! But make no mistake Chuck Norris is a bad ass!!!

#23 4 years ago

Bud Spencer

#24 4 years ago

I vote for Cliff Booth ( Brad Pitt ) in "Once Upon a time in Hollywood"
    Or how to rewrite history and make it funny..
    Great scenes with "Bruce Lee"... ouch !

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Bruce didn't do competitive fighting

No he was into street fighting.

#26 4 years ago

Bruce Lee was and still is a legend. Chuck is a bad ass tho and I like him a lot.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bruce-lee-or-chuck-norris?hl=captain-flint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.