• Latest reply 10 years ago by crank
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20120820-00028.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Another one is saved. There is no feeling like defeating the VIDIOT!!

IMG-20120820-00028.jpgIMG-20120820-00028.jpg

#2 11 years ago

What are the common failures on the vidiot board?

#3 11 years ago

This one had acid damage on u10, u11 and u21. These sit straight below the battery on the -133 and are typical bad spots from the battery leaking down. Also had typical connector issues, while not the VIDIOT board itself they will keep the game from evening coming up in attract mode. It also had a bad TMS9228, and not as common of a failure it is a weak spot on the board. Finally, it needed all the pots replaced, they worked but were flaky and when trying to make the game as rock solid as possible they really should be upgraded.

#4 11 years ago

Sounds like Trey will be having a lot of fun trying to get his working...

It does boot apparently, but no video. Makes sounds.

#5 11 years ago

It can make sounds without getting a full boot, the sound section is in the first part of the boot cycle.

#6 11 years ago

Awesome, Baby-pacs seem to be going extinct, almost everyone I see for sale doesnt work

10 months later
#7 10 years ago

I ended up finally getting one, sweet game!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Fun game and a great way to mix up a lineup.

1 week later
#9 10 years ago

I have had mine for 3 years now and I still haven't fixed mine. It just sits there for when I finish my other projects.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I got one that was beat up with no video on the monitor and the cabinet door was completely rotten. But miraculously after a cap job on the monitor and a new cabinet door it worked and I have had no problems for the past year and a half. Great game my whole family loves it and will be a family heirloom I think LOL.

#11 10 years ago

Miss the one I had, I loved the way it looked and played. It went in trade for a T2 pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brought-back-from-the-dead-baby-pac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.