Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rock-my-world-brooks-n-dunn-o.gif
bnd_monitor (resized).jpg
playfield (resized).jpg
IMG_7440 (resized).jpg
IMG_7435 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ilovegames007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Heard that there was a possibility that Brooks&Dunn would be at expo. Is there any confirmation of this??

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from BrianMadden:

I'm one of the guys working on this. We're going to talk more about it in the "Making Pinball, Making Friends" session at 5:00 (45 minutes from now) if you're here.
Long story short, Mike Pacak gave us a blank playfield and a few milk crates of parts at expo last year after we were talking to him about the Mission Pinball Framework and FAST Pinball hardware. Gabe Knuth spent the past year building the playfield up (needed to wire from scratch, and figure out a bunch of undocumented mechs that were never finished, and fab a bunch of missing parts). We also got in touch with Jon Norris who wrote a 19-page document for the rules based on what he remembered and what he thinks he would have done back then.
We started putting together an MPF configuration for it a few weeks ago. Gabe brought the playfield to Expo, and meanwhile Mike had found a cabinet (and his son I think made the cab art). So yesterday and today we've been wiring the playfield to the cab (switches, etc.) and installing the power supply, speakers, amp, backbox lights, fuses, etc. We hope to have the cabinet wired up tonight, and we've got an MPF game config (that's not done, but playable) which we can toss on there and play. There are a bunch of modes framed out, with an playfield LCD stage display and an RGB DMD in the backbox.
This was just a project that we did for fun. (Don't worry, we're not producing them!) Mike still owns everything, and we're going to hand it off to him at the end of the show. And then hopefully never listen to a BnD song again.
Here are a few pics. One is Gabe cutting a larger hole in the cab for the subwoofer.

Thanks Gabe!! I'm very good friends with Mike and pulled alot of these parts to be shipped to you. I'm glad this has gotten done. This was a very awesome project that should have gotten done years ago, glad it was in your hands this time.

Can't wait to play this sometime in the coming weeks back in ohio

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ilovegames007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brooks-dunn?tu=ilovegames007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.