Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LukyDuck
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FAC8A673-D9F5-49CD-9628-089617DAEDCA (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    da522d290632877dc1f613ed335f0ad4 (resized).jpg
    F53BF800-A546-4B99-9C7D-B05ABF54D728 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200718_090552 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1042 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1025 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7474 (resized).jpg
    1945-ram-power-wagon-miami-lakes-automall (resized).jpg
    a713a407fd661609139d6ba097df5b0b (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    download (1) (resized).jpeg
    230D66C2-6AAD-47B8-8FD7-4567F379AAA7 (resized).jpeg
    23666F6D-795F-4564-94D5-4C6C5282F615 (resized).jpeg
    4AAD25F4-E34E-499D-8200-B83E8428163A (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    IMG_7915 (resized).JPG

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

I think Ford will take away some of the market from Jeep.

03159FDE-D11D-4C5F-877D-2DEBEE11C278 (resized).png03159FDE-D11D-4C5F-877D-2DEBEE11C278 (resized).png4BC9385B-3CD4-4107-9CBA-B1B58D293356 (resized).png4BC9385B-3CD4-4107-9CBA-B1B58D293356 (resized).png5C8B8C9D-C30F-4F24-860B-03B188B5831A (resized).png5C8B8C9D-C30F-4F24-860B-03B188B5831A (resized).png630F52D1-F7E6-4A82-9C74-281E19CC169C (resized).png630F52D1-F7E6-4A82-9C74-281E19CC169C (resized).pngBC709A6D-E471-4527-95C9-F3EB3944FC99 (resized).pngBC709A6D-E471-4527-95C9-F3EB3944FC99 (resized).pngF20B39ED-9CBC-4620-9E4C-2CD9D42B1373 (resized).pngF20B39ED-9CBC-4620-9E4C-2CD9D42B1373 (resized).png

#2 3 years ago

The new Bronco looks really cool to me. I am very pleased that they didn't just rebadge one of their SUV's like the Edge. This will definitely cut into Jeep's market share over time, and they are long overdue for a legit competitor.

#3 3 years ago

But it's still a Ford.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

But it's still a Ford.

And cheeps are any better?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

But it's still a Ford.

Exactly.

It's an Escape with a little different design.

#6 3 years ago

Bronco needs a V8 option.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Bronco needs a V8 option.

This! The 4cyl being the only standard transmission option just sucks. It so funny how you can get so excited when an American car company wants to bring back the magic from one of their bad ass vehicles and they do shit like that! Go figure...

#8 3 years ago

Looks good to me. I’d take the manual transmission v6

43958CB8-D63B-46BC-A36E-5082C54B551D (resized).jpeg43958CB8-D63B-46BC-A36E-5082C54B551D (resized).jpeg9FF6F36C-60B7-4111-8E3C-32E256283EB9 (resized).jpeg9FF6F36C-60B7-4111-8E3C-32E256283EB9 (resized).jpeg
    #9 3 years ago

I'm not a ford guy at all but this bronco looks pretty damn sweet. I do agree it totally needs a v8 in it though.

#10 3 years ago

I’ll be a buyer in a couple of years, I like to wait for them to work the bugs out on new models.

#11 3 years ago

I am a Jeep guy, but still look forward to this impacting current asinine Jeep prices.

#13 3 years ago

And notice where they put the side mirrors, you can take the doors off and still have them, in a Jeep with the doors removed you’re technically driving illegally

#14 3 years ago

How much wheelbase would it have needed to up that tow capacity to 5000? Seems like that could have been a miss.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

But it's still a Ford.

yes, but jeeps. Have you ever owned one? they are not the best made car around.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Okay, Consumer Reports. (And yes, nothing but Wranglers for last 20 years.)

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Looks good to me. I’d take the manual transmission v6

If it were offered, I'm sure many people would.

#18 3 years ago

The $60k 2021 limited first Edition is already sold out

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

If it were offered, I'm sure many people would.

It’s not? That’s a buzz kill.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I am a Jeep guy, but still look forward to this impacting current asinine Jeep prices.

Exactly. Plus the competition will help and hopefully get them to bring back the non standard colors.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I have owned many Fords and 2 Wrangler Unlimiteds. I'll never buy anything but a Jeep going forward.

#22 3 years ago

Ford will sell a zillion on the Bronco's looks alone.

#23 3 years ago

Looks better than I thought it would be

#24 3 years ago

I’ll be pre-ordering the 4 door Outer Banks edition. Can’t wait!

#25 3 years ago

Def cool looking.

#26 3 years ago

3 Minute video on the Interior - Looks RAD

#27 3 years ago

People have hard opinions on things...but they are such a minority. Like the mustang being a solid rear axle.......

The 2.3L ecoboost has some serious power for the size. I had one in my Focus RS, 350hp, the mustang can make some big power and I have one in my 2020 explorer. The explorer in sport mode with the 2.3 moves waaay faster than you would ever expect a 3row suv to go. The 2.7 eco is going to be a big engine but I'm not a fan of auto trans. The 10spd in the explorer is very nice, the goat aka condition select is nice, but I mean for daily driving...it just is annoying to choose.

I've owned a jk wrangler rubicon HR and while I love and miss it, there are things about it that are annoying. Also most drivers of these do not rock crawl. So the front of the bronco being IS is totally fine and with the suspension travel I'd be impressed if someone could max that vs a solid in normal off-roading consistently.

The jeep drives like a freaking lumbar wagon and that is comfortable for a jeep. The older ones must feel like crap. The transmissions are good on the Jeep but the engine, 3.6L is sooo underpowered, however I liked it as it is considered reliable. The jeeps hinges...yay brand new jeep and you have rust Lack of creature comforts is huge! the JL has added more like heated steering but they still have no competition so why push the jeep more when they can bring the price up and sell more! The competition is welcomed. I want both to become better vehicles and hope even the Xterra is brought back Or the FJ! Chevy already shot themselves in the foot with that weak blazer release.

The top on the bronco is sick. The front row and 2nd row can independently be removed. Ford accessories will offer TONS of aftermarket with warranty and I assume most jeep accessory/mod places will start making bronco parts too.

Some of the best parts, are bronco offering things that really put the middle finger up to the Jeep. An option to get your bronco without carpet and drain plugs. Hinges not outside to rust away, mirrors that are attached to the body, 35" wheels as factory... hahhaha Ford did a fantastic job on this. All i want now is a truck version and I'm set.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

People have hard opinions on things...but they are such a minority. Like the mustang being a solid rear axle.......
    The 2.3L ecoboost has some serious power for the size. I had one in my Focus RS, 350hp, the mustang can make some big power and I have one in my 2020 explorer. The explorer in sport mode with the 2.3 moves waaay faster than you would ever expect a 3row suv to go. The 2.7 eco is going to be a big engine but I'm not a fan of auto trans. The 10spd in the explorer is very nice, the goat aka condition select is nice, but I mean for daily driving...it just is annoying to choose.
    I've owned a jk wrangler rubicon HR and while I love and miss it, there are things about it that are annoying. Also most drivers of these do not rock crawl. So the front of the bronco being IS is totally fine and with the suspension travel I'd be impressed if someone could max that vs a solid in normal off-roading consistently.
    The jeep drives like a freaking lumbar wagon and that is comfortable for a jeep. The older ones must feel like crap. The transmissions are good on the Jeep but the engine, 3.6L is sooo underpowered, however I liked it as it is considered reliable. The jeeps hinges...yay brand new jeep and you have rust Lack of creature comforts is huge! the JL has added more like heated steering but they still have no competition so why push the jeep more when they can bring the price up and sell more! The competition is welcomed. I want both to become better vehicles and hope even the Xterra is brought back Or the FJ! Chevy already shot themselves in the foot with that weak blazer release.
    The top on the bronco is sick. The front row and 2nd row can independently be removed. Ford accessories will offer TONS of aftermarket with warranty and I assume most jeep accessory/mod places will start making bronco parts too.
    Some of the best parts, are bronco offering things that really put the middle finger up to the Jeep. An option to get your bronco without carpet and drain plugs. Hinges not outside to rust away, mirrors that are attached to the body, 35" wheels as factory... hahhaha Ford did a fantastic job on this. All i want now is a truck version and I'm set.

The Mustang is now IRS, FYI, and man what a difference between my 17 and the 10 I owned.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

It’s not? That’s a buzz kill.

Yep! Just Sayin...

#30 3 years ago

Can I drop a 7L Godzilla crate engine in it?

#31 3 years ago

I'm liking it! Hoping a diesel options comes out. The 2.3 is a good motor with the 10 speed. They are holding up to big power behind F150's and mustangs already. I ordered my wife a Ranger and it's a decent performer and they will tow 7500 lbs. I would pull a car to the track with it but I wouldn't use it as a regular tow rig either. The Bronco should do well but has a lot of catching up to do to catch Jeep's faithful.

#32 3 years ago

There is a rumor that Ford might have an all electric option for the Bronco in the future. Although the electric version won't be very attractive to the Muscle Truck Dudes, it could be a formidable competitor off road.

#33 3 years ago

I need a Raptor Bronco...

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

There is a rumor that Ford might have an all electric option for the Bronco in the future. Although the electric version won't be very attractive to the Muscle Truck Dudes, it could be a formidable competitor off road.

Electric would catch my attention. I really don't understand the V8 thing, there is really no need for it, this is a weekend slightly off road pleasure vehicle. Buddy of mine has Rubicon Jeep and admittedly it's a little under powered but every other weekend we are dragging some big as V8 out of the mud. You really do not need all the weight and power for a weekend drive through the mountains. That is the demographic this is going for. If you want the V8 there is a million jacked Ford full sized pickups in the bush.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

But it's still a Ford.

Jeep is a Fiat

#37 3 years ago

Technical specifics aside I think the Bronco interior looks far nicer then the Wrangler. Wrangler interiors still come across as cheap in my opinion, especially the "lower end" models. The Bronco interior looks like it's made for this decade with modern technology and design.

#38 3 years ago

They are like the Jeep over priced. Not many are going to spend 60k on a new car and beat on it in real off road scenarios. This will sadly be another mall crawler.

#39 3 years ago

BRONCO
    The Jeep compass has the wort suspension ever

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The Jeep compass

That is no Jeep.

#41 3 years ago

How many people offroad their Jeeps? Very few I would guess. I've driven a few Jeeps and can't say I was impressed with the interior or the way they drove. I get they are built for functionality but I would want more if it was my daily. Bronco looks amazing inside and out. Ford nailed it with looking retro but not dated. No need for bigger engines with turbos. Curious what real world pricing will be with your typical options.

#42 3 years ago

My wife bought the Compass without telling me.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

I've driven a few Jeeps and can't say I was impressed with the interior or the way they drove.

The drive isn’t something a non-Jeep person is going to find impressive or comfortable.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My wife bought the Compass without telling me.

Uffda. Sorry.

#45 3 years ago

I plan on buying my first Jeep, a Gladiator specifically. Does Jeep have "real" reliability problems, such as premature engine wear? Or anything beneath the chassis, really. A stiff ride is not what i consider a reliability problem. I buy the Jeep expecting that bumpy Safari adventure type feel.

#46 3 years ago

I've owned Broncos before (original '72 and then a Bronco II '89). I've owned a handful of Jeeps since then and currently own a Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon that has had the AEV treatment. The Jeep is fantastic off-road. It handles and drives pretty well for city and highway use except when going up mountain highways (can't push it much more than 70 MPH going up hills due to the gearing and it being under powered).

I'm looking forward to test driving a new Bronco. I can envision buying one once they get all the bugs worked out and the platform is (more) proven.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Monte:

And cheeps are any better?

Still driving a 2006 wrangler, 460,000 km on it and still doesn't burn a drop of oil. drives just like the day I bought it.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I plan on buying my first Jeep, a Gladiator specifically. Does Jeep have "real" reliability problems, such as premature engine wear? Or anything beneath the chassis, really. A stiff ride is not what i consider a reliability problem. I buy the Jeep expecting that bumpy Safari adventure type feel.

Can't speak for the Gladiator, but my Unlimiteds have performed well. Water pump went in my 2016 at 65k, which was too soon. But I could talk for hours on how shitty my wife's Explorers have been.

#49 3 years ago

I had a ‘73 Bronco way back in the day. Although it was my one and only Ford, this new one looks good to me now. Like the retro modern styling similar to what dodge did with the challenger, so I’d consider it.

Give production a year or two and maybe it will have a V8 option. A raptor version, or James Duff/Rod Hall baja 1000 edition would be cool also in the classic orange and white colors.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from rad:

I'm looking forward to test driving a new Bronco.

Don't buy the 4 banger! Wait for the electric!

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bronco-vs-jeep?hl=billypilgrim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.