Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LukyDuck
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FAC8A673-D9F5-49CD-9628-089617DAEDCA (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    da522d290632877dc1f613ed335f0ad4 (resized).jpg
    F53BF800-A546-4B99-9C7D-B05ABF54D728 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200718_090552 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1042 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1025 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7474 (resized).jpg
    1945-ram-power-wagon-miami-lakes-automall (resized).jpg
    a713a407fd661609139d6ba097df5b0b (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    download (1) (resized).jpeg
    230D66C2-6AAD-47B8-8FD7-4567F379AAA7 (resized).jpeg
    23666F6D-795F-4564-94D5-4C6C5282F615 (resized).jpeg
    4AAD25F4-E34E-499D-8200-B83E8428163A (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    IMG_7915 (resized).JPG
    There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 3 years ago

One of the best things about Wranglers is resale value. Almost bought one, went with the Tacoma Off Road instead.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Almost bought one, went with the Tacoma instead.

Can't beat a Tacoma! I have a V8 4runner now love that thing.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The $60k 2021 limited first Edition is already sold out

Of course it is....Some people are buying them just to resell it for profit when the demand really hits.

While I doubt the base turbo four popper is a slouch, I would have loved to see what the twin turbo six would be like with the manual seven speed.
    Hey Ford, can you let us have that manual seven in a Raptor F150? I wouldn’t have to worry about my relatives wanting to borrow my truck with that...most of them can’t drive a stick.

Otherwise, for the overall return of the Bronco...this isn’t too bad at all.

#54 3 years ago

When I live in Az Several yrs ago Had a 75 bronco (Am a Chevy guy) with a custom 351 Cleveland built by Desert Fox and they did all he frame work and roll bar to frame built , hooker headers with flow master pipes that was modified so I could open them up with a sw, 2” body lift, 4” suspension lift, Dana 30 in ft, Dana 60 in rear, Detroit lockers, Jim Duffy hood and fender flairs, military transfer, re-arched leafs, 40” monster mudders, Could smoke all 4 tires on dry payment. Have a pic of it jumping my brother in law ...I need to dig out (he took the pic). No pwr stearing or brakes. Road like a Fred Flintstone mobile. Good old days before all the kids : )

#55 3 years ago

I am a Ford dude and like what I see. Throwback styling with modern flare. Not too sure about that cutout in the door although it will make shooting approaching carjackers much easier. The biggest question is will it hold a pin?

#56 3 years ago

Short story on the Jeep Wrangler..I bought a brand new JL sport. Had around 11500 miles on it when the "Death Wobble" started to happen. Took it to the dealer and they installed a stabilizer that did nothing. Drove it 200 miles one weekend and it shook 16 times on one trip alone, another 12 on the way back. I was driving on the expressway when it started to shake after just about every bump I would roll over. Sucked big time as I was a fan and really wanted to like this car. Took it back to the dealer and they had it for three days and said they couldn't recreate the problem. Long story short I came to find out they didn't drive it at all other then to park it in the lot and let it sit. Basically they tried to get out of the warranty work. I know this because I checked the odometer after I dropped it off. Hadn't changed at all. When I confronted the service manager he apologized and offered to look at it. Lol! At that point I was super pissed and couldn't deal with the lies. In my opinion it's simply an overpriced and poorly engineered POS that is in serious need of some competition. Hopefully the Bronco will provide this. I think I payed almost 40K for this car. Potential buyers beware. The axle shudder or "wobble" is real and to my knowledge they don't really know how to fix it. I wouldn't take a Wrangler if they were giving them away.

#57 3 years ago

I like the 2 door. Currently building a 98 Landcruiser for Overlanding, the Bronco is almost tempting.

#58 3 years ago

Jeep vs Bronco.

1942Jeep (resized).jpg1942Jeep (resized).jpg1402354794000-SIMPSON (resized).jpg1402354794000-SIMPSON (resized).jpg
    #59 3 years ago

Most importantly, will it fit a pin?

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Still driving a 2006 wrangler, 460,000 km on it and still doesn't burn a drop of oil. drives just like the day I bought it.

Your vehicle is an exception. I’ve owned two cheep wronglers and had a shit load of issues. Love them, but they are a pain in the ass.

Too bad Chevy could not give the Blazer a 72 K5 look. It might give this new Bronco some competition.

#61 3 years ago

Owned 2 myself for the last 20 years. Other than replacing a fuel pump, in the last one... zero issues.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Jeep vs Bronco.[quoted image][quoted image]

I would love an Al "A.C." Cowlings edition.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

One of the best things about Wranglers is resale value. Almost bought one, went with the Tacoma Off Road instead.

Nice! The Off Road models are really nice. I just picked up a 2020 Tacoma SR 4x4 double cab and it's been a blast so far. I was coming from a Prius so my mind is kinda blown lol. To be fair to the Prius it was the best car I ever owned, just wanted a change...and a vehicle that could fit a pin lol.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

But it's still a Ford.

I just bought my first ford... a Platinum Expedition Max. It has blown away my expectations and some. I like it better than my wife's luxury german car.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was coming from a Prius

Were you one of those Prius drivers that always blocks the left lane so others can't pass?

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I just bought my first ford... a Platinum Expedition Max. It has blown away my expectations and some. I like it better than my wife's luxury german car.

My favorite SUV that I’ve been is the Lincoln Navigator, prefer it to the wife Mercedes, she had to have.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Were you one of those Prius drivers that always blocks the left lane so others can't pass?

Not a mile over 65mph in the left lane! Lol just joking.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Exactly.
    It's an Escape with a little different design.

The “sport” model is, but there’s a lot more than a different body there such as locking difs and suspension. The others are their own unique body on frame platform.

Myself I can see the sport model being more practical day to day but I really like the big bronco

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from ViperJelly:

Most importantly, will it fit a pin?

Thats my question and it looks questionable... maybe the sport and the 4 door but I doubt the 2 door. Going to have to wait until they are at the dealer and see it hands on I guess.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Thats my question and it looks questionable... maybe the sport and the 4 door but I doubt the 2 door. Going to have to wait until they are at the dealer and see it hands on I guess.

With removable seats, it would have to. Or you could remove the seats and the roof and fit like 4 pins standing up, lol.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Jeep vs Bronco.

Ford made Jeeps too!

#72 3 years ago

The 2-door is an instant Classic, I like the bone stock steel wheels.
    There is a resurgence of interest for Manual transmissions. Tougher, longer lasting and a better bang for the buck if you need a daily driver. At my age manuals suck, fun for the first week but one traffic jam and you are crying out.
    Really like the gadget mounting bar on top of the dash, if I have it electronics will come!
    The drain plug is genius, forward thinking Engineering. Going to look for one on my Landcruiser, it has to have one..
    Would need the real estate the 4-door offers in the back, can't afford 2 of them.
    Ordering Bilstiens for the Toyota.

#73 3 years ago

I haven’t seen a car/truck (outside of Tesla) in over 15 years that I actually thought about buying a new one. I love buying 1-2 yr old cars for a 20-30% discount but man are these badass, and I don’t think, much like Jeeps, there will be much of a discount for a used one.

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Yepp, great truck.. Toyota dropped the ball big time on the fj cruiser. Doors didn't come off, no hardtop, soft top. Shame

#75 3 years ago

I'm so glad this exists. It's a Ford, so I will never purchase one. The positive is that I'm planning on a wrangler in a year and a half, and this competition may cause jeep to up it's game.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Short story on the Jeep Wrangler..I bought a brand new JL sport. Had around 11500 miles on it when the "Death Wobble" started to happen. Took it to the dealer and they installed a stabilizer that did nothing. Drove it 200 miles one weekend and it shook 16 times on one trip alone, another 12 on the way back. I was driving on the expressway when it started to shake after just about every bump I would roll over. Sucked big time as I was a fan and really wanted to like this car. Took it back to the dealer and they had it for three days and said they couldn't recreate the problem. Long story short I came to find out they didn't drive it at all other then to park it in the lot and let it sit. Basically they tried to get out of the warranty work. I know this because I checked the odometer after I dropped it off. Hadn't changed at all. When I confronted the service manager he apologized and offered to look at it. Lol! At that point I was super pissed and couldn't deal with the lies. In my opinion it's simply an overpriced and poorly engineered POS that is in serious need of some competition. Hopefully the Bronco will provide this. I think I payed almost 40K for this car. Potential buyers beware. The axle shudder or "wobble" is real and to my knowledge they don't really know how to fix it. I wouldn't take a Wrangler if they were giving them away.

Love the death wobble.. had a 98 with issues. scares the shit out of my passengers!! especially when I scream too for extra effect. Lmao
    Put electric air bags in the front springs, problem solved. flip of a switch and good times all over again on halloween and april fools day

#77 3 years ago

I just know the introduction of the Ford Bronco fired me up in a good way. In the middle of this build, doing all the things to introduce reliability back into a 20 year old vehicle.
    People are looking for this kind of thing in the auto Market. Simplicity. The Toyota 70 Series sold in Australia is the Standard off-road vehicle by which all others are compared.
    Others are too complicated, failure prone airbag suspension, bogus problem-prone engines, flaky cv transmissions, a lot of mess added to vehicles that is expensive to repair when it goes out(and it goes out frequently).
    Jeeps look good. Fiat has ruined their Heritage. If they return to their Roots with reliability..otherwise they morph into a niche vehicle like the Land Rover.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I just know the introduction of the Ford Bronco fired me up in a good way. In the middle of this build, doing all the things to introduce reliability back into a 20 year old vehicle.
    People are looking for this kind of thing in the auto Market. Simplicity. The Toyota 70 Series sold in Australia is the Standard off-road vehicle by which all others are compared.
    Others are too complicated, failure prone airbag suspension, bogus problem-prone engines, flaky cv transmissions, a lot of mess added to vehicles that is expensive to repair when it goes out(and it goes out frequently).
    Jeeps look good. Fiat has ruined their Heritage. If they return to their Roots with reliability..otherwise they morph into a niche vehicle like the Land Rover.

Ya, I don't know anything about the pentastar... But you can't kill the straight six push rod engineS, smallest timing chain ever.. bullet proof

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The Mustang is now IRS, FYI, and man what a difference between my 17 and the 10 I owned.

Ya, I assume you like the irs? The camaro proved it worth with track times and some years back the mustang finally did to, yet “so many” fans wanted to keep it solid.

Lots of purist Jeep people think the 4 door wrangler was a travesty but it probably saved the wrangler, and now it sells well with some creature comforts...the car manufactures know what the market wants...and the market is what makes them money not the handful of loud people... although I suppose it’s the same as pinball :-p

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

I am a Ford dude and like what I see. Throwback styling with modern flare. Not too sure about that cutout in the door although it will make shooting approaching carjackers much easier. The biggest question is will it hold a pin?

The 4 door will

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

I was just joking that ford should tune in a death wobble for those Jeep fans... mine never had it, but my buddy bought a new JL and he did. Man sounds scary, sorry you had issues with it

#82 3 years ago

Oh Jay....

#83 3 years ago

I love the idea of a jeep, but every time we rent/get in one, we're like this is so uncomfortable and cheap. In you're head you're thinking having a jeep would be awesome, but in reality it feels like driving a mid 90's chevy suburban, lol. Maybe we just got into the wrong ones, I don't know. The one we rented in Hawaii for the week a year ago was like mid 90's in technology level and wasn't great to drive. When we saw it, we were like 'sweet'! Then we got in it, and were 'ugh'.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I was just joking that ford should tune in a death wobble for those Jeep fans... mine never had it, but my buddy bought a new JL and he did. Man sounds scary, sorry you had issues with it

It is a little unnerving to be honest. Worst was when I was trying to merge on the expressway. Getting up to speed to merge, hit a small bump with two trailing semi trucks. Yikes!! You have to slow down to stop the shaking. Needless to say I had some horns blaring for sure.

#85 3 years ago

I realize some never have the problem. The biggest issue is that when you do it’s very difficult to get it fixed. Dealerships are probably so tired of addressing it they try to get out of even dealing with it. The first and last Wrangler I will ever buy. What makes me laugh is that some people just accept it as a “Jeep thing” or spend thousands to upgrade suspension. Lol

#86 3 years ago
    DB68E33A-3F61-4262-80F8-85A1B1186BB6 (resized).jpegDB68E33A-3F61-4262-80F8-85A1B1186BB6 (resized).jpeg
    #87 3 years ago

I think the Bronco looks great but I will stick with my 04 Wrangler it is without a doubt the most fun I have had driving since my teenage MG days and has been very reliable just replaced the original clutch at 110k miles.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

I realize some never have the problem. The biggest issue is that when you do it’s very difficult to get it fixed. Dealerships are probably so tired of addressing it they try to get out of even dealing with it. The first and last Wrangler I will ever buy. What makes me laugh is that some people just accept it as a “Jeep thing” or spend thousands to upgrade suspension. Lol

I knew Jeeps had problems but that shimmy problem is ridiculous in a modern vehicle. Unbelievable

#89 3 years ago

Been driving Toyota's exclusively for over 20 years. The wife had a Mustang that was a great car though, no issues.
    This sexy new Bronco though WHOA...

1244551f109721a4cdb572292f8e21d1 (resized).jpg1244551f109721a4cdb572292f8e21d1 (resized).jpg
    #90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Been driving Toyota's exclusively for over 20 years. The wife had a Mustang that was a great car though, no issues.
    This sexy new Bronco though WHOA...[quoted image]

LMAO!!!!

#91 3 years ago

I don't recall EVER being excited about a new domestic reveal. Ford's design team must've found their Keith Elwin.
    Can't wait to drive one.

#92 3 years ago

One thing is for sure, the new Bronco is going to get me into the dealership and I think that’s part of the point of a truck like that whether or not I buy one. Drive foot traffic onto the lot.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I knew Jeeps had problems but that shimmy problem is ridiculous in a modern vehicle. Unbelievable

I agree...Unbelievable this kind of problem finds its way into a modern production vehicle. Worse, they don't really know how to fix it given how much of a hassle it is to get diagnosed and repaired. There are other vehicles with solid axle designs that don't shake like the Wrangler. So not sure it's an off road thing. Maybe someone knowledgeable could chime in?

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Almost like dimples on a modern pinball playfield...

#95 3 years ago

Also a 3rd gen Tacoma TRD Off Road owner here. Although I can't see me ever not having a truck, these Bronco's definitely scratch an itch. Maybe the wife will go this route on her next vehicle.

#96 3 years ago

Rant over...The Bronco looks pretty darn cool! Hope it does well for Ford. I actually had a Bronco 2 back in the day.

#97 3 years ago

I love what I see so far.
    If I didn't have this in the garage, I'd be placing an order...

d902 (resized).jpegd902 (resized).jpeg
    #98 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

This sexy new Bronco though WHOA...[quoted image]

Our family has had nothing but Toyotas for 19 years now also. All I do is change oil and tires. Bronco is very cool looking though. I would'nt buy one for a couple years though . I would wait for them to work out the bugs.

#99 3 years ago

My pinball buddy owns this Jeep. Guess the year ?

20200715_150127 (resized).jpg20200715_150127 (resized).jpg20200715_150129 (resized).jpg20200715_150129 (resized).jpg
    #100 3 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My pinball buddy owns this Jeep. Guess the year ?
    [quoted image][quoted image]

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bronco-vs-jeep/page/2?hl=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.