• Latest reply 5 years ago by dpapclare
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

52864500_237616817183905_5299679185847975936_n (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Bronco someone is supposed to be picking up tomorrow and now all of the sudden the machine is skipping ball one and going straight to ball 2. Bascially, when the reset sequence finishes, it shows ball one and then when the ball hits the switch on the way to the shooter lane, it advances to ball 2. Any ideas on how to fix this? I don't currently have a schematic and the machine is being sold tomorrow. Someone help!!

52864500_237616817183905_5299679185847975936_n (resized).jpg52864500_237616817183905_5299679185847975936_n (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Check the stepper unit for ball count. Going by memory, so....
The stepper unit should reset to zero and index to ball one when the ball is served to the play field. I’m not sure where the ball stepper unit is on that machine, but usually it’s in the head. Start a game and watch to see if the stepper goes all the way to zero. Take the ball out of the machine before starting a game so you can see where the stepper is starting from.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Check the stepper unit for ball count. Going by memory, so....
The stepper unit should reset to zero and index to ball one when the ball is served to the play field. I’m not sure where the ball stepper unit is on that machine, but usually it’s in the head. Start a game and watch to see if the stepper goes all the way to zero. Take the ball out of the machine before starting a game so you can see where the stepper is starting from.

Figured it out, somehow the 1st ball relay was slightly out of adjustment! Thanks for the advice though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bronco-skipping-ball-1?hl=dpapclare and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.