Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by 80spit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0Surf-Champ-Work-15 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Working on a Gottlieb Bronco, everything is working correctly except, on player 1 and 2 when the 1000 score reel rolls to 9 and goes to fire the 10,000 score real it fires player 1 and 2 10,000 reel at the same time, not being a great em guy, looking for a little advise where to look on this one, any help appreciated

#2 2 years ago

There's quite a bit going on with the 1000 point scoring if you look at the schematic. Here's what I'd look at first if the issue happens to both the player 1 and 2 simultaneously is the Z1 reset relay on the right inside backbox. This relay resets both players 1 and 2 and is a relay that both players have in common. Make sure switches that are open are open and others that are supposed to be closed are closed. Then move the plastic switch stack thing to make sure the open ones close and the closed ones open.

That's where I'd start. Might want to make sure the player stepper is adjusted correctly and not out of adjustment where a pin is between rivets.

#3 2 years ago

Hi 80spit
I do not have a schematics "Bronco" --- I look in the one of "Surf Champ". The "L-1000-Points-Relay is for the 1000-Score-Reels and at the same time for the 10'000-Score-Reels.

I can offer an explanation - "IF, if, if" - 1000-Score-Drum of player-1 AND 1000-Score-Drum of player-2 are (accidentally) BOTH on position "9": The Switches "P1A" AND "P2A" are closed AT THE SAME time - one of them is entitled to be closed --- the other one is faulty closed (my theory is a bit crummy).

SteveFury made an excellent topic - he starts with "basics" and from post-30/40/50 on he talks rather "specific Gottlieb". To store a link (so I can find the link) I wrote post-94 and post-97: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pinball-circuits-basics-to-not-so-basic/page/2#post-3402051 and mentioned http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/Images/CamPositions-4Player.jpg .

Go to the backbox and look at the Player-Unit - look towards the players - look along the axle of the Player-Unit - see Steel-Ratched - then Cam-1 - then Cam-2 --- and on the bottom of the page: See the Switches named "P1A" and "P2A" --- want to investigate in these switches ? Greetings Rolf

0Surf-Champ-Work-15 (resized).jpg

#4 2 years ago

Thanks Guys, you made my life easy, it was Z1 took it out cleaned it and checked it out and set the switch bladest and all is well,
Thanks so much for your help, being heavy into SS pins, this was a little mind boggling, and I just picked up a Captain Fantastic
and a Wizard this week , so my fun will start all over
Cheers
Gerry

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
€ 8.40
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside