(Topic ID: 281032)

Broken wood screw in playfield?

By matviar

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 3 years ago

This is how I do it, it's the correct fix and it's pretty fast and easy:

Working below the playfield from the bottom side:

Use a 1/4" or 3/8" plug cutter below the playfield exactly where the screw is and center it.

Drilling a 1/32" hole right next to the screw all the way through helps to locate it. Try to drill very straight, or just measure it accurately.

Use a drill guide or a piece of scrap with a hole drilled into it for support it really helps to keep the plug cutter from dancing about..

Cut the plug to about half the way through the playfield.

chisel out plug and remove screw with needle vice grips.

Fill hole with a plug or dowel or just leave it inset for the t-nut. (I use a plug cutter that is slightly larger than the t-nut diameter and usually I just clean it out a little and leave it inset for the t-nut).

Drill new hole for t-nut (or screw if you filled it with a dowel).

I epoxy the t-nuts in. This firms up the area a bit and holds the t-nut.

I install t-nuts with an allen bolt thru a fender washer that has a bit of stick on felt to protect the surface.
    Cardboard will also work.

It works very well.

https://www.harborfreight.com/plug-cutter-set-4-pc-60613.html?cid=paid_google|||60613&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gclid=CjwKCAiA4o79BRBvEiwAjteoYKmDU-l7DlqjOioN--U2wEf2COoCBFBYPm0sC7yxiuXHQtOBYLPhqhoCwmYQAvD_BwE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-wood-screw-in-playfield?tu=pinballinreno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.