(Topic ID: 285205)

Broken Wire Can’t Find Where It Goes... Help!

By PinballGurus

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

001655C6-8F3A-4E22-9F95-BA1F7C69A651 (resized).jpeg
9AD5155C-D673-4400-80FE-2B61211956E6 (resized).jpeg
CEB1736A-20FE-4E1B-99CF-A00F971E4049 (resized).jpeg
F7989701-BF75-4F6C-AC57-7B6EF053B98F (resized).jpeg
D23326AD-C4AA-4AFD-8F87-C5FCA3E10704 (resized).png
995A4F03-2CB2-4155-BB8D-D287F83E7372 (resized).jpeg
47D1C244-590D-498A-8543-F6C957501EC8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tfduda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

There’s some detailed pics here that might help

Given the pics in the link and comparison to your photo, it looks like the black wires (with the wire nut) and the yellow wire went to the knocker (which looks to be missing).

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGurus:

Now I’m really confused...

Sorry about that--I was too closely zoomed in on the photo in the link given by Beemus--I looked at the photo again and it is a bell (as MarkG suggested).

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGurus:

So that would explain why the advance bonus roll over and pop bumper aren’t working I would assume?

I don't think the missing bell is responsible for problems with the advance bonus roll over and bumper (the bell coil only activates when the bonus stepper steps up but otherwise shouldn't keep the stepper itself from stepping). The only thing I can think of is that maybe the two wires that are attached with the wire nut are not making good contact with each other and so there's a break in a circuit associated with the bonus stepper.

But by problems, do you mean that the rollover and bumper aren't advancing the bonus stepper coil ("ADD BONUS" coil on schematics)? If so, does the J relay engage when the bonus roll over switch (NO "R.O. BUTTON" switch on schematics) or bumper switch (NO "ADD BONUS BUMP.") is closed? Based on my understanding of the part of schematics you show, the J relay should engage if either of these switches is closed and then stay engaged until the motor is engaged (and NC "MOTOR 2B" switch opens). If the J relay isn't engaging, maybe the coil is bad or there's a loose or disconnected wire.

If the J relay does engage, then the bonus stepper should step after the motor engages (when the NO "MOTOR 4C" switch closes and before the NC "MOTOR 2B" switch opens). If it isn't stepping (and J relay is staying engaged), then perhaps "MOTOR 4C" switch isn't closing or needs cleaning or there is a loose or disconnected wire.

Good luck!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tfduda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-wire-cant-find-where-it-goes-help?tu=tfduda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.