7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by UvulaBob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I bought the Unicatch stapler from PinRestore, and after three staples, the thing broke. It's leaking air from the trigger area, which the manual diagnoses as damaged O-Rings. The problem is that the trigger area is the only part of the staple gun you seemingly can't take apart.

Has anyone had any issues like this with this gun? Were you able to fix it, or did I just light a hundred dollars on fire?

#2 7 years ago

You probably already did. But contact them for help.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

The trigger comes apart by removing the pin behind it. Take it apart and reseat the orings, lube it up and put it back together. Make sure you don't have too much air pressure at the gun. 100 psi max. I usually keep mine set about 60-70.

#4 7 years ago

How do you pull that trigger pin out? Do I need to tap it out with a hammer and something skinny?

#5 7 years ago

Yes, tap the pin out with a punch and hammer. Or, talk to pinrestore and let them fix it.

#6 7 years ago

I'm not sure but I think I remember air coming from behind the trigger on mine at first when my compressor wasn't high enough on the pressure. I had to turn the regulator up a bit before it would shoot the staples.

#7 7 years ago

After taking the whole thing apart and putting it back together, it seems to be working again. If I keep the pressure at about 85 psi and making sure the trigger travels all the way in, it works just fine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-unicatch-stapler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.