By Marcuni

5 years ago

Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jrrdw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinbot-visorclosed.jpg

#1 5 years ago

My Pinbot is missing the left metal post on the visor. The one on the tip of the left plastic piece. Amazingly the plastic is still intact. This hole does not go through the playfield and I can see a piece of the original post in the hole. How do I get it out???

Also, what is the correct post and rubber that goes there? I've seen a couple different games that have different kinds.

This is not my game picture. It's just to show you where the post hole is.

Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

If its actually a post that is screwed into the playfield... and there isint anything to grab onto above the playfield you will probably have to drill it out or use an EZ out screw extractor. I don't know if they make them that small.

#3 5 years ago

i had to drill out and around a broken off post like that once. i cried, but there was no other way. Only chance you have is drilling through it like ssathre mentioned, but that takes a very high quality bit to be able to drill out another bit. i ended up filling the area with plastic wood. good luck.

#4 5 years ago

It's either that or nuke it from orbit... its the only way to be sure.

#5 5 years ago

Or just buy a new playfield....haha

#6 5 years ago

or you could just 'cut it in half' and part it out?

#7 5 years ago

IF it is threaded you can find some counter clockwise drills and attempt to drill it out. If the drill bites then it will thread it out of the hole.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

IF it is threaded you can find some counter clockwise drills and attempt to drill it out. If the drill bites then it will thread it out of the hole.

This

Quoted from ssathre:

EZ out screw extractor

#9 5 years ago

I'll give it a try this weekend. Thanks for the tips.

#10 5 years ago

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

#11 5 years ago

These type post have pointy ends. Use a nail set and drive it out through the bottom. You'll have to do a little wood repair (Elmer's Carpenter's Glue) but it won't be visible from the top.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woodland, CA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 229.99
$ 5,499.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 2,125 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside