(Topic ID: 125772)

Broken Plastics!

By mof

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150320_155306.jpg
    DSC_00136.jpg
    lotrramp5.jpg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

we need pinsiders who have good versions of these common broken plastics to start a file of hi-res scans so others can make their own copies of these unobtainium plastics

#52 8 years ago

No longer own one but for T-2, L & R of the Terminator Skull.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Most plastics in DE Simpsons.....or as I like to call it....."the batting cage".

Thank you. You just gave my Simpsons its' new nickname. Too true.

Plastics I have broken in that game = Both long side plastics under yellow and green habitrails (Kwik-E-Mart and Bart's Enemies), Lisa and Bleeding Gums Slings, El Barto and piece next to it, Bowlarama... pretty much all of them except the ramp and the street/yard in the top right. Hell, even my topper is missing a corner!

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

we need pinsiders who have good versions of these common broken plastics to start a file of hi-res scans so others can make their own copies of these unobtainium plastics

I believe there use to be a shared database but it was shutdown because of copyrights

#55 8 years ago

The "Spider-Man vs Sandman" plastic in Spider-Man is broken more often than not from what I have seen (and I look on every Spider-Man I came across).

Here's a thread with a picture and it's location:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-spiderman-vs-sandman-plastic

a protector for this plastic can be bought here:

http://www.fabunlimited.com/pinball-parts.html

I once did a survey asking people if this plastic was broken in their Spider-Man...most said no, by a large margin, but after asking for follow up pictures.....I usually got no response, a refusal to send a picture....or people that went to take a picture of their unbroken plastic only to discover it was broken. There were a couple of the people that said it wasn't broken in their games and I saw pics of their games in other threads where I could see they were broken. It is hidden a bit and not really noticeable. It also tends to break in a way that it doesn't really appear to be broken unless you know what it looked like originally.

Everyone brings up the Sandman plastic being broken on Spider-Man, but I have only seen one of them broken. This is probably because plastic protectors for it were highly suggested and you could also buy the Sandman plastic separately for a time, which is pretty unheard of. I bet if you could look at every Spider-Man in existence today....you would find more broken Spider-Man vs Sandman plastics than broken Sandman plastics.

#56 8 years ago

South Park on both sides in front of Kenny. I can't find them anywhere. Ramps for a number of games. Anyone got a list started for those games? Just a thought. I would like to post there as well.

#57 8 years ago

Congo the satellite plastic and the one above the blue gorilla target.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

The "Spider-Man vs Sandman" plastic in Spider-Man is broken more often than not from what I have seen (and I look on every Spider-Man I came across).
    Here's a thread with a picture and it's location:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-spiderman-vs-sandman-plastic

I bet if you could look at every Spider-Man in existence today....you would find more broken Spider-Man vs Sandman plastics than broken Sandman plastics.

+1 on the Spider-Man vs. Sandman plastic. That is my thread you linked and I am still looking for one of those plastics. I wish Stern would sell that one by itself like they do the Sandman plastic.

#59 8 years ago

Super Spin (Gottlieb 1976) lower sling plastics - both sides- Gets chipped by the ball coming off the flippers, breaking the edge off the plastic below the lowest screw hole.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

Nascar, the long skinny plastic beside the right ramp. Plastic #17. This one was built to break.

Anybody have a replacement/extra for this or know where to get one?

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-plastics/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.