Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spinal
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethbenjamin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

I'm always amazed at how many games at shows are only marginally playable (and look like they haven't seen so much as a good waxing, much less new set of rubbers, in god knows how long). That said, it is true that being wailed on for 10 hours straight at a show will put a hurt on any parts that may have been marginal but not crying out for replacement when the game was being played at home. Several years ago, I remember a Tommy at Allentown which was playing like-new on Friday afternoon, but the flippers were crapping out by noon on Saturday.

I baby my games and try to keep them playing as perfectly as I can. Personally, I choose not to bring them to shows, as the admission fee is worth more to me than the time and money I'd need to invest in bringing the game back to peak performance afterward.

Eventually I figured out that, for me, playing a whole lot of pinball isn't my primary reason for attending shows. I like to see what new games are there, see what cool deals I might be able to get, maybe run into other pinheads, and if I'm lucky there'll be a few games I like that are playing decently. Also a good chance to get a good look at a game you are considering and/or line up a sale or trade.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be down with the idea that you bring a problem game to a show and arrange to work on it there, that seems like a great way to take advantage of all the expertise available in one spot!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethbenjamin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-pins-at-pinball-shows?tu=sethbenjamin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.