Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spinal
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Credit dot could mean anything. No way should that be a determining factor.

Shit happens. If you bring a game and it was in good working shape when you brought it, not your fault if it goes down. You should definitely do your best to get it back up and running, but you can't prepare for everything.

That being said, I have been to shows where I walk up to play a game and think to myself, "this pos is definitely sitting here for free entry only"

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Even if there are people that bring a broken game to get in free, whatever, it's such a small number it doesn't factor imo.

Totally agree. Just funny when I see one that literally is unplayable in the first hour of the show and also looks the part.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from codered9394:

I've wanted to take a pin to SFGE for the last couple of years but I would feel bad if it didn't make it the hole show. To be honest I wouldn't want another tech working on my machine without some compensation. All my machines are the best that I can get them. Last thing I want is to get a bad name from other pinball enthusiast saying my games should have never been brought or that there not working on it because it doesn't meet there standards. One day I'll try it but I have a feeling I have a lot to learn before that happens.
    To all that bring machines to shows, thank you. Shows are possible because people like you keep them going.

I wouldn't be shy if I were you. I had only been collecting games for about 6 months before I took a couple games. Don't feel bad if people want to help you fix your games. It's one of the many things that is awesome about this hobby.

The games we're talking about are the ones that people knowingly bring broken games to a show for whatever reason and it stinks. Thankfully it's not that common.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Carrman:

I've got an etiquette question.
    If you find a machine that is broken or you get a ball stuck while playing, etc, is turning off the game polite? I assume that's the best way to let someone know their game needs attention if they don't display their contact info.

Good question. I would probably turn it off especially if it's unplayable. With no contact info, I'd say that's legit.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Yes good question. What do you do when a pin is very unlevel at a show?
    At my local show last month, a dealer's WOZ was clearly not levelled and I wondered the same thing. My first show so just thought it was normal so didn't ask or do anything.
    Do shows require or only suggest that pins be levelled? Or maybe we should just be happy they are there at all and leave alone?

I'd treat it like any other issue with the game. Get with the owner to let them know.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from codered9394:

Not trying to hijack this thread but I figured this was a good place to ask a question.
    What is considered a acceptable condition to bring machines to shows? I know that need to play and be dependable for the most part. Not everyone has the money or time to have perfect machines. This makes me wonder if machines that look played or considered player machines are acceptable. I'm talking about machines that has a little wear on playfield and maybe some on the cabinets. I've seen both at shows from time to time. Just trying to get general idea if its frowned upon or if it's considered acceptable.

If all the features of the game work and all the mechs work to activate those features I'd say that's all I'm looking for. So people playing can get a fair representation of the game's experience.

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from codered9394:

Good info to have, thanks to all that answered. Looks that my games qualify for expo use. Waiting on my xpin display for Banzai run to have it running 100%. Guess it will have to wait until next year before everyone gets to enjoy it.

Great show game. People are gonna love it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-pins-at-pinball-shows?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.