Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by HK-Steve
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC03214_resized.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Lots of talk about LED's of late, one of mine broke yesterday.

Anyone else had issues??

Cheers

DSC03214_resized.jpgDSC03214_resized.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Yep, I've had that happen with a lot of the older CT frosted 44s. The top just twists right off. The newer ones with the whiter domes appear to be a little more robust, but I honestly haven't bought enough of them yet to say for sure.

#3 12 years ago

Did you sand off any extra solder first. If they don't twist in the easily you MUST sand the solder. Then they work like a champ!

#4 12 years ago

Same problem with a 5 way... Damn knobs on the bulb are sometimes too big. By the nature of the design, you are forces to turn via the LED compare to the base.

Sand down the knubs if you have problems, and remember to tighten by the base (if u can).

#5 12 years ago

The extra solder they are talking about is the tip of the tit on the bottom of the base.

The sanded, roughed up solder also cleans the socket contact as it gets twisted in.

If the bulb can't easily be seated in the socket = then sand it down.

#6 12 years ago

Pay a little more and buy these...they are worth it. www.pinballlife.com Ablaze 3 light LED's

#7 12 years ago

Ooopsie!

#8 12 years ago

The New CoinTaker Frosted Led's are 100% Better Quality than his Older version. Brighter and More Durable.. I use C.taker for All my Led's ... You get what you Pay 4.. PINSIDE for 10% off @ C.T

#9 12 years ago

Agreed. I have some extra's left over from a recent shop job. Planned on just holding on to them but If you'd like send me you address and I'll mail you a couple to try out.

#10 12 years ago

The older CT frosted LEDs were terribad. Very dim. New ones are great.

#11 12 years ago

Thanks Guy's, I am not alone.
    this is from C.T. my first broken, but I expect there will be more over time.

No Blame at C.T. either.
    Mechanical shock on LED's and incandescent lamps would be the same.

Cheers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.