3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I set up a new machine this last weekend and there are pieces of glass packed into the rear of my new machine. Playfield glass was intact but obviously broken, partially cleaned and then replaced. I have $7,600 into a machine that has a bunch of loose glass packed into the rear of the playfield. Any opinions on if it is worth it to try to just clean it all out, have the playfield replaced, of get a discount on the machine? There is also a couple of small nicks in the playfield from the glass breaking. There was no way to tell there was an issue until I had it set up. I initially didn't even see any glass until it was set up and I loaded balls. The rear ramps that are hidden were full of glass. As soon as i hit a ramp with a ball, the ball got stuck and I started finding glass everywhere. Stuck into moving parts in the playfield and the ramps. Pulled the playfield up and found a bunch of glass laying in the cabinet. I hate to get a discount and find out in a year that I'm having issues related to the glass and I'm stuck with it now. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. I don't want to state the game name until I hear back from the manufacturer.

#2 3 years ago

I would for sure call your distributor and at least get a show game price. Get a shop vac and clean it up the best you can.

#3 3 years ago

I would call that absolutely unacceptable for a NIB game.

I would demand a complete replacement new game, especially with damage to the playfield.

You would have to disassemble everything to get all the glass out. It goes EVERYWHERE.

You paid for a brand new machine and you didn't get it.

My 2 cents.

RM

#4 3 years ago

I'd call my distributor and ask for the entire machine to be replaced. I would no way in hell except a NIB that has nicks and broken glass throughout it.

#5 3 years ago

Even if you get a lot of the bigger pieces, glass slivers will still be missed no matter how well you vacuum, and they will end up getting knocked around the playfield and end up scratching and grinding into it.

Accidents happen, but if you're getting a NIB game for a NIB price, I would be very unhappy with that.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Even if you get a lot of the bigger pieces, glass slivers will still be missed no matter how well you vacuum, and they will end up getting knocked around the playfield and end up scratching and grinding into it.

And glass dust. You'll see it like white flour on flipper rubbers.

The game needs a total shop job.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Been there done that.

#7 3 years ago

You bought NIB from a distributor for a reason, you should be covered here. Call and respectfully insist on exchange for a new game with intact glass. If you decide to accept a discount, make sure it's big enough to account for the long-term hassle. Never had to deal with it myself, but there are plenty of threads on Pinside where you can read about the joys of cleaning playfield glass out of a game, and how you can never seem to get it all.

#8 3 years ago

That slight sound of Rice Krispys in milk nevers leaves your memory....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-glass-on-new-pin?hl=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.