Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181023_195023 (resized).jpg
IMG-20181023-WA0003 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181023-210042_Video Player (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Dear Sir/Madam,
We,ve bought a Maverick pinball machine but the display controller board is broken.
This machine uses a 192x64 dot matrix screen. the problem is every pixel stays on during the whole game. I think that the display controller makes a short circuit.
Has anybody any idea how to fix this problem? Thank you

#2 5 years ago

first, try and wiggling, or take off and re-install the ribbon cables, make sure that you just don't have a bad connection.
start simple.

#3 5 years ago

We have already tried that but that didn,t help

#4 5 years ago

It is MORE likely the display itself that is the problem. Is it a Cherry brand display glass? I have had two displays that are bad exhibit this symptom. I was not able to repair them and I actually think I still have one of them.

#5 5 years ago

The display is brand new from pinballsp i dont think the display is the problem

#6 5 years ago

Here are some pictures of the display driver

20181023_195023 (resized).jpg20181023_195023 (resized).jpgIMG-20181023-WA0003 (resized).jpgIMG-20181023-WA0003 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181023-210042_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181023-210042_Video Player (resized).jpg
#7 5 years ago

I've spoken with many over the years who swear that those boards are very difficult to repair if it's not a simple power issue.

Have you confirmed you are getting +5 VDC on the board, past the connector?

Beyond that, if you are certain that the display is good, and you have replaced the ribbon cable, the only suggestion I have is to buy a new controller board. They are not that expensive.

#8 5 years ago

Thank you for the information the last hope i have is to replace the bridge rectiviers on the power supply board hopefully that wil solve the problem.

If thats not the case we will have a big problem because the display driver board is not available anymore. Maybe there is someone who knows where i can buy the display driver?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Maveri:

If thats not the case we will have a big problem because the display driver board is not available anymore. Maybe there is someone who knows where i can buy the display driver?

Um, see link below. Please at least confirm you have +5VDC at the board before you buy one though.

http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/988/data-east-sega-stern-dmd-controller.htm

#10 5 years ago

The last measurement there was a +5vdc
But that is not the correct board we need a driver for a 194x64 dmd that one is not working for us

I already send the arcadeshop a message
If they have the board in stock

#11 5 years ago

I thought it was the same board. I guess it's not the same for Baywatch, MSF, and Maverick.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-display-controller-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.