Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by joekiss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kitten.jpg
    cherry_pop.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Set it down on a mat on the concrete floor leaning aginst a wall and accidently kicked out the mat still finding glass 5hrs later

#2 8 years ago

Ouch

#3 8 years ago

Stuff happens. Ya it sucks. FYI you will be finding pieces for months to come.

#4 8 years ago

you will still finding the glass 5 years later! you will be looking for something in your car and find a piece in your glove compartment! lol
    stuff is alien like once it breaks...

#5 8 years ago

When I broke my playfield glass, it was like a scene in Bewitched.

I was carrying it by the sides, when the bottom corner hit a leg and it exploded into nothing, within a millisecond.

My arms remained outstretched holding only air, just as if Samantha had twitched her nose to make it vanish.

I kept finding fragments for a year.

#6 8 years ago

They call it "tempered" glass for a reason.

#7 8 years ago

Congrats

cherry_pop.jpgcherry_pop.jpg

#8 8 years ago

Sorry to hear.....hope it wasn't PDI, like my 1st time!!!......seems inevitable at some point...

#9 8 years ago

I threw two sheets in a steel sheet metal dumpster one at a time the first I lobbed in there and it just bounced off the side and landed on the bottom, the second one I threw it even harder and did basicly the same thing, didnt look like I even chipped a corner, I was so bummed I almost climbed in there to get them but my lazyness took over and instead just climbed in my truck and drove off.

#10 8 years ago

I'm not in the "broken playfield glass club" yet.

...though I am glad I have not had a playfield glass or a backglass shatter of one of my pinball friends machines while helping them out with fixing, cleaning, etc. That would be a bummer to look them in the face with that bewildered look, and them looking at you with that wtf look.

#11 8 years ago

Glad it was not in the playfield , Batman forever did this and you must remove all the parts to get all the glass out.

#13 8 years ago

I'm surprised at how many times the glass has not broken on me--in one case where I dropped the glass completely. The one time that one has broken on me it exploded inexplicably while I was simply holding it in the air outside of the game. I was lucky.

#14 8 years ago

my 1st and only time i dropped a little screwdriver bit from the backbox and it hit the glass just wrong and shattered inside by blackrose.....still find little crystals once in a while

#15 8 years ago

Guess what I found in my shoe this morning

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from jasong78:

Guess what I found in my shoe this morning

A kitten!

kitten.jpgkitten.jpg

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A kitten!
    kitten.jpg

Did it keep your foot warm? Did you name it Dr Scholl?

#19 8 years ago

Break one on the PF---

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broke-my-first-playfield-glass-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.