12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dlbuller
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gnr.JPG
    DSC00396.jpg
    DSC00395.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Hey guys.
    I just found out, one leg is brocken/missing on my GnR.

CN21, leg pin nr: 19.

Now everything works fine, but does anybody know what i am missing out, whit this one leg missing?

DSC00395.jpgDSC00395.jpg DSC00396.jpgDSC00396.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Pics are fuzzy. Are you sure it's not your keyed pin?

#3 12 years ago

Its not the keyed pin. It looks like its the chip select and R/W control on PIA 9B which interfaces with the segment displays. Are your displays working correctly? No lines out or decimal points out?

#4 12 years ago

Yess fuzzy pics sorry.
    Its the upper left leg thats missing :-9

#5 12 years ago

if its pin 19, its the enable pulse. Its the timing signal from the PIA.

#6 12 years ago

What???? Ahm please explane more detaled

#7 12 years ago

Ok, I'll try to explain. This is just from me looking over the datasheet and your schematics. I'm sure there is a PIA expert out there somewhere. That pin (19) goes to pin 25 on the PIA. This is the E pulse or enable for the chip select. The PIA is on a bus (along with other chips) and its chip select lines are tied...somewhere to the processor.

When the processor idles, those chip select lines will be in some state (doesn't matter what state). There will most likely be noise or something that we don't care about going through those lines. This is where the enable comes into play. When the processor is idle, enable is low or disabled. So the chip selects are in a state but you cannot write to them aka they can't listen. Its sort of a feature that makes it so certain events (like display line or anything else the pia controls) doesn't fire from noise.

I don't feel its a problem but if you closely watch your display (again or whatever the PIA is connected to...i think in your case its the segment displays) they might intermittently mess up.

#8 12 years ago

The schematic indicates that CN21 pin #19 connects to pin 21 of one of the PIAs, the enable pin.

The schematic I have says that PIA is used for the alphanumeric display. Perhaps it translates to the DMD on your GNR, I don't have a GNR schematic at hand.

#9 12 years ago

19 goes to 25 not 21 gnr.JPGgnr.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brocken-leg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.