IMG_1446 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1433 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1364 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1313 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1308 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1314 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1312 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1293 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

So how can some of the new games compete with toys like this?
4 flippers
2 fun ramps
Diverter
Gum ball machine
4 magnets (two of which act as flippers)
Mini playfield
A clock that shows the current time.
Subways, scoops
Very good game play
Intuitive
Great art package.
I don’t want pinball to be like skis or bikes; stagnant.

I am curious about the last sentence here, do you think skis and bikes haven’t changed or advanced in the last 25 years?

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I know skis advanced and the new design was influence by snowboard shaping, but bindings seems similar to what I was skiing on in the 80s.
Bikes, front and rear derailleurs haven’t appeared to change that much. Frame design, seems relatively the same.
So I’ve seen some innovation, but nothing groundbreaking. Maybe carbon components and efforts to make bikes lighter.
With that said, let me know what you’ve seen as a healthy counter to what I’ve said. I’m open.

Geometry on mountain bikes has changed quite a bit ( not even close to what they were 25 years ago) Dropper seats are fairly new .Internal cable routing. Disc brakes .Also most companies have went to just one gear in the front, which might seem like taking away, but I like it. No one needs 21 speeds on a mountain bike.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Alright, those are great points.
1) So what do you think the biggest tech or mechanical advances are in pins over the last 5-10 years.
2) what do you think is lacking?
3) what would you really want to see?

In pins, controlled color changing leds was a great advance . If done right a programmer can use different colors to guide the player(show what to shoot for) or change the mood of the game.
What I see as lacking in some games is how the game communicates with a player. If you as a player can't figure out what's going on after about 10 games the game isn't doing a good job of showing what you you need to do.
As for what I'd like to see, I just want great playing games with straight forward rules that make you want to keep hitting the start button.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Alright, might hit the Gtb wedge head today. Pulled some metals out of the tumbler, took a lot of the dirt but not all of the playfield, and cleaned pops.
Game boots and plays, but the issues I’ve found are:
1) 1 or two pops bing, but don’t pop.
2) both outlane rollovers, register nada.
I have a crush on 60s wedgies: just love the Roy Parker artwork and clean, wholesome’ish 50/60s aesthetics.
Might need a hand (advice) from my EM wizards.
Hopefully I’ll get it running. Also WTB better glass.
This is a good place to look, for used stuff, or I’d recommend, the Shay Arcade Group (might just be him and his glass) for killer repro glass.
http://shayarcadegroup.com/backglasses/
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-backglass-and-translites-thread-buy-sell-trade
[quoted image]

4 of the bumpers(in the corners ) are dead bumpers. They don’t pop they just register a hit. They have no ring and rod assemblies.

3 weeks later
#147 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Taking the temp on interest for AFM and Medieval Madness originals. Routed for sure, but might be great players games or restore candidates.

I’d be interested in a routed Medieval madness if the price is right.

1 month later
#432 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Sometimes I strongly dislike custom colored powder coated trim, but that orange is stunning. The mirror blades, new hardware, color DMD, new dome. Straight up hard yet elegant work....”speechless” is right.
I’d buy that thing over any NIB current release all day long and on Sunday.

Did you happen to zoom in on the bottom side of the playfield that could be seen in the picture showing the inside of the cabinet? It looks as though a lot of the hard work was skipped, Rusty parts, and corrosion. If a complete restoration was done the bottom side of playfield should look great as well. I hate to critique some one else's work but for the asking price I would expect a full teardown of both top and bottom side of the playfield and rusty parts should have been tumbled or replaced.

1 week later
#504 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

It’s an LE. I’m amazed at the roughy 700 trading difference between the afm Le and Mam le.
1) afm le comes with that cool green trim. (That’s 200 min)
Comes stock with a topper (that’s 500 right there.)
3) color chip (400)
Compared to a stock MM LE, the AFM LE is hands down a way better value. I’m open for counter arguments....let the games begin!

MM has always commanded more money on the secondary market than AFM. Seems as though the remakes are just following that same trend.

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Good. Taking a rest...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If I remember correctly several years ago John took all ( or nearly all) his games to the Pinball Expo. That was pretty awesome.

1 month later
#799 2 years ago

Does this mean that this game sold for $450 plus fees? If so I would have bought it. Those games that have two sets of flippers can really mess with your brain and can be a ton of fun to play. Not saying it was a great price( because I’m not sure) just saying I would have bought at that price. Thanks for sharing pics!

F3C9800E-893E-415E-8B7E-FAF4BB186AA8 (resized).jpegF3C9800E-893E-415E-8B7E-FAF4BB186AA8 (resized).jpeg
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I love my superscore, it’s basically a roulette wheel with flippers so two player games can become unfair especially when one player can Jack up the wheel value and the other player can collect and reset it. It’s a good novelty game to have for a party. Not the best game to have if you only have one pinball.

Yep my friends and I enjoy games like this for dollar games.

3 weeks later
#1146 2 years ago

Did you buy the Sunshine? That game looks like it would be really fun.

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Nah, could only look. NFS

Yeah, I think I might have tried to work out some kind of deal to acquire it from you( had you bought it). It looks like the perfect game to play dollar games with friends.

3 weeks later
#1411 2 years ago

If you ever find yourself in my area and want to stop over and play a few games hit me up.

#1434 2 years ago

That No Fear looks real nice!

1 year later
#2795 1 year ago

Ouch! A 10k Congo?! You may want to reconsider before you get in too deep.

#2798 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

It will effectively look like it came off the showroom floor, and will have under 50 lifetime plays. And unused new populated playfield is the base to build around. It will go for more than that. I know exactly what I’m doing[quoted image][quoted image]

I didn’t mean to question your knowledge on the current market, but apparently I did. I know you move a lot of games. Good luck with your project.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brobras-pinball-talk-thread?tu=trilogybeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.