IMG_2234 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2152 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2153 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2113 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6782 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorditas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#993 2 years ago

You are the pinball Road Warrior!

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I can definitely see how it’s polarizing. Good god are those bright.
I think I would go temporarily blind playing a game with those for any extended period of time. Kinda like if I go out and shovel without sunglasses on and then come back inside. Can’t see anything for a few minutes.
Side note, been loving lurking in this thread. Wish I had the coin or speed to pick up some of the games you have been ferrying around. That Deadpool (Limited Edition) ...so pretty

I put an inline resistor on the flasher section of the Pinstadiums on my Munsters to keep the blinding strobe effect down. For what they cost, the brightness should be app controlled.

I actually enjoy my homemade set on my JP Pro more. I might have $40 in them. Like actual stadium lights, they don't flash on and off when there is a touchdown.

20210508_210748 (resized).jpg20210508_210748 (resized).jpg
#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

That’s pretty sharp to fabricate a resistor in there to get more of the result you are looking for. I wonder if pinstadium has a feature request log.

Thanks. I emailed him with the suggestion. He replied, but didn't seem to think they are too bright as is. I think if you pay extra for the super-duper-extra-fancy version, you can control the max output. The entry level set is already expensive enough.

#1058 2 years ago

Who do you use for shopping, @brobra? What are rates like? I presume they pick it up at your house? No way that pink monster is making it back in an SUV.

#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

So many twins! Are the Addams Family pins yours, or just seen on your adventures?

#1240 2 years ago

My Brobra tribute:

20210519_152538.jpg20210519_152538.jpg
2 weeks later
#1388 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Van shows lots of errors in diagnostics.
Mainly misfiring cylinder 5. It’s getting towed, and I’ll have unload and reload. Oh well.

Probably a bad coil pack.

1 week later
#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:Legit 1 owner hou original
Dark basement
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome find!

1 week later
#1584 2 years ago

brobra had tracked one down for me, but the seller changed their mind. I had to do a road trip of my own this time, but still hope to connect with the legend one of these days.

20210627_130506.jpg20210627_130506.jpg
1 week later
#1608 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Score
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Reminds me of "Hungry, Hungry Hippos."

1 week later
#1700 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Finally made an overdue visit to Lloyd. I love playing the bank next to Lloyds cage, and listening to his stories and jokes.
Big Bang Bar, Proto Stern Pirates, Breakshot…
Even manned the shop during Prada’s potty break…[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How cool! I'll have to start bidding for MSP overnights. Love the LTG neon sign.

#1702 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hope you can make it. Let me know if you are coming.
Glad you like the sign. It's animated.
LTG : )

Ha! Did you commission that yourself, or was it a gift? I've always had an affinity for neon.

#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was going to get this one made 5 years ago. Animated with the streams and slimmer moving. Marlon quoted me $2300. But the Stern store never happened and I never got the Ghost Busters pin.
Would have been cool hanging in the front glass door I don't use.
[quoted image]

A cool design, nonetheless.

#1720 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Been in use since about 1975. Many times people on RGP were trying to guess what it stood for.
From Pinball News :
They were initials I used for video games. In the early days of the video game fad you could enter three initials. I have four initials. And I didn't care for a lot of strangers knowing my full name. So about 1980 I started using LTG, which stood for “Lloyd The Great”, which was a joke because any time I got to enter it when I serviced a machine, the scores were reset, and anybody could get their initials in. So it wasn't on a game long. And anybody who asked what my middle name was got "The" and got laughed at. It became a big inside joke at my business. Then when I got webTV, it asked for a nickname for email, so I used “lloydthegreat”, and of course couldn't change it. So that stuck, then when I sold stuff on Ebay, I needed a seller ID, so why invent a new one, use one that is known as me and by my reputation. Questions arose on the rec games pinball news group what LTG stood for, David Gersic coined the "Launch Those Geese", and the rest is history.

In my mind, Paul Harvey was reading that. "And now, you know the rest of the story."

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Waxed…New clear posts going on first…
[quoted image]

That playfield looks pretty amazing.

If you've never taken a road trip through Nashville, put it on the list. Game terminal has the best lineup I've ever seen in person. Visited last evening on my overnight.

20210720_164243 (resized).jpg20210720_164243 (resized).jpg

#1780 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I’m depressed now, Metallica will be leaving…but I’m going to play the hell out it before then. It’s such a great game.
If my daughter likes it, you know it’s top notch
[quoted image]

I was going to play it last night for the first time, and was really looking forward to it. But the machine at the location I was visiting had 100% of the GI out. You can't play what you can't see!

#1799 2 years ago

I keep getting overnights close to great arcades. It can't be too many more before I hit SS and finally meet brobra and LTG in person!

20210727_201433 (resized).jpg20210727_201433 (resized).jpg20210727_204104 (resized).jpg20210727_204104 (resized).jpg20210727_205212 (resized).jpg20210727_205212 (resized).jpg
#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Sweet gorditas….that would be fantastic. I guess the you’ve found the benefits of membership…

And here I thought it was the 0-dark 30 wakeup calls!

#1848 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I’m sure the state has numbers on all of us for this.

Ask Alexa, she can probably tell you.

1 week later
#1890 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Pretty happy with my revolving Bally/Williams lineup…
Finally got everything dialed in and shopped.
Had a few minor head scratchers reworking some bad wiring, and clearing out errors, but back to solid.
Need more warm or sunlight LEDs. Just dumped about $500 in comet’s across 3 games. I suppose that’s the price to get the lighting good.
I still think JD might need some auxiliary post spots to help.
I think demo man is my favorite of the bunch right now, but exploring JD and it’s growing on me for sure.
[quoted image]

Man, that is a mid 90's dream lineup there. Lots of great memories in HS of those movies.

#1893 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Made a small adjustment to make Dead World reliable. Occasionally, a ball would not sit in the holder and roll out confusing the ball count in the trough. Pretty simple fix with a small rubber number inside the metal ramp that dispenses the ball.

That is cool. I don't think I've ever played that pin. I've found it at least once in the wild, but it was OTS.

#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Plugging BERD spoke company from Hopkins mn. A 1 kg front rim with onyx hub. 1.23 for rear. Took 3 days worth of work tensioning.
Soft spokes, badass….
You want the lightest rims in the world; I got you….
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing. Most people don't realize that spokes are made to be under tension, not compression. This proves it!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Solid but needs lightning and mountain and donuts shop installed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful game!

#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Bk2k
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really cool. I've only played BKSOR.

I spy Indy in the background.

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Revolving lineup….

dead-sexy (resized).jpgdead-sexy (resized).jpg
#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

New lighting, fresh rubbers, and posts, a good cleaning, and fresh carnuba.

Looks pretty sweet!

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Man, the suspense is killing me…. What is it?!

One of my now former games.

#1951 2 years ago

Had a great time meeting Mr. and Mrs. Brobra today to trade my JP Pro towards his Indiana Jones. When talking about cities to meet, he suggested Ft. Wayne, IN. I knew exactly where to go: Sweetwater Sound. I had been before, so I gave them a little tour, and we grabbed a bite in the Cafe. I even snapped a photo of him achieving a new adventure while on a pinball quest: a 3 story slide.

Sweetwater has a little arcade with one pin, a SW Premium. Unfortunately, they have either a bad opto or motor for the Hyperspace forks. I passed along how to fix it to their maintenance department.

Now, just to get Indy to the basement...

20210823_141502 (resized).jpg20210823_141502 (resized).jpgIMG_7428 (resized).jpgIMG_7428 (resized).jpgIMG_7435 (resized).jpgIMG_7435 (resized).jpg
#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Wow... Owner must have gotten frustrated.

Nah: combination of kids starting multi-player games, and a musician turned pinball player who practices the latter with the former approach to learning a skill. "Again, from the top."

6 months later
#2296 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

open for a trip if there’s action between Minneapolis… Sioux Falls, Fargo, Des Moines, kc, Omaha, Milwaukee, Madison, Chicago….
[quoted image]

I'll be in Sioux Falls this evening for work. Let me know if you make it up there.

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Played a little cactus canyon, stern pirates, original medieval, taxi, tz, and Addams ay Lloyds today. Always a great line up, and better conversation and free jokes

Nice! That is the first CCR I've seen in the wild. How does it play?

2 weeks later
#2331 2 years ago

My buyer ended up driving to get his game, so I didn't get to show my Brobra inspired paletting, but I think I've got my wrap game down. jfrank is doing a FL-MI-FL road trip though: pretty intense.

20220405_134527 (resized).jpg20220405_134527 (resized).jpg20220408_145054 (resized).jpg20220408_145054 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2359 2 years ago

I had a chuckle at the holding fix for many of the instrument approaches into Miami. I was doing the briefing yesterday and laughed when I said to my co-pilot, “we’ll hold at Brobra.” (Fixes are exactly 5 letters) He asked why I laughed, and I told him the legend, and showed him a photo.

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 11.02.52 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-04-22 at 11.02.52 AM (resized).png
#2366 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just remove the profanity game ROM and replace with the normal game ROM.
Leave the profanity sound ROMs in. The normal game ROM won't know to call them up.
Makes switching back and forth easier.

What a great (profanity) idea!

4 months later
#2524 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Set up an out box 668 play GNR LE.
Never noticed this label on the door, as you can imagine, I absolutely love it.
Don’t have it quite dialed in, and frankly I’ve stayed away from these guys since I’ve always thought I was NES 4 way, two button kind of dude limited in my ways.
Open for tips on pitch and game play.
These JJPs are crazily built. Heavily engineered, overbuilt playfield and mechanics, and options. Just sort of in awe of the thing at the moment. Definitely served this license extremely well….
As you can see from my score, I’m terrible, but who cares, it’s all about the fun

Its all about building the band by completing the shots for each member, then starting a song. Keep doing that, and you'll progress quickly. That game really grew on me at a buddy's house.

3 months later
#2659 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

A little evening run. Just having to keep moving. The little engine that could.
Love my new pin mover
And gorditas
I took your advice on the 4x8 I piece of Masonite.
Fit perfectly…. Stuff works great!
[quoted image]

That looks like a great pin hauler! Glad the Masonite works for you. Smaller pieces for stair landings are great to be able to rotate pins.

1 month later
#2702 1 year ago

I had a MSP layover tonight, and brobra picked me up for a pilgrimage to SS Billiards to meet LTG and play his games. I got my first experience with BBB, and had some fun chats. By the time I got back to the hotel, I saw a few posts by Lloyd in the Cactus Canyon thread that were probably typed while I was there: a funny intersection of the online and real world experience.

20230202_210319.jpg20230202_210319.jpg20230202_210526.jpg20230202_210526.jpg20230202_211136.jpg20230202_211136.jpg20230202_222612.jpg20230202_222612.jpgIMG_5048.jpgIMG_5048.jpg
2 months later
#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Just a few random shots from
The last few, meeting and digging….
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Gold Wings takes me back: first pin I owned.

#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Such a fitting first for you….
The layout is so interesting….
Did you like it?[quoted image]

It has some cool shots and fun surprises. The air-raid siren is awesome, and the shot into the aircraft carrier is really cool. Since that machine came with a topper, I thought that was a standard part of pinball machines, and every machine in my collection since then has had some type of topper.

I liked the game, but at the time, I only had two. The other was the Jurassic Park that I sold you. Next to JP, the game seemed very quaint. I also had a ton of time in getting it to run reliably. Those 80B games are very sensitive to a perfect 5vDC from the power supply, and proper grounds, which generally have to be bolstered with additional wiring. A previous owner had changed to higher capacity fuses, which I figured out after burning up a transistor, and nearly catching both a coil and the backbox on fire. It was a great game to cut my teeth on, both as a player and a technician. By the time I traded it towards The Munsters, I had it running like a top. If I had a 20+ pin collection, I'd probably consider owning it again.

I found some old photos, it is kind of fun to look back.

20200309_132939 (resized).jpg20200309_132939 (resized).jpg20200403_201031 (resized).jpg20200403_201031 (resized).jpg20200409_174240 (resized).jpg20200409_174240 (resized).jpg20200409_191739 (resized).jpg20200409_191739 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2879 11 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

Milwaukee and back….

[quoted image]

Ha! I recently met Molly Hatchet in the airport.

1 month later
#2915 9 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

Bond is growing on me…
Played midtown on way to the lake
[quoted image]

New code has really helped.

1 month later
#2962 8 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

The latest edition to my GTB 60s EM collection. Stoked.
[quoted image]

Its no Punchy, but I guess it will do until the remake comes along.

#2971 8 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

No didn’t move it….
Having an adventure today. Misfiring cylinders put this adventure to a grinding halt….stuck in eu Claire….[quoted image]

Bummer. Coil pack, or injector?

5 months later
#3009 3 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

It’s truly remarkable. 58 years 106 plays per year, or played twice a week.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you still taking about a pinball machine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorditas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brobras-pinball-talk-thread?tu=gorditas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.