IMG_2234 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2152 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2153 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2113 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6782 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

So, I met a fellow craps fanatic. I’ve always been fascinated by the concept of dice control since I like games of skill: skill roll, pinball, billiards, and the grand champ; craps. (Which comes from the word “crabs” two 6s). We plan to live stream some dice control sessions and generate optics and computers to record stats and outcomes.
This study from UNLV on the matter is interesting.
https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1375&context=grrj

I should have taken more pictures of my build. That, or done a better job of organizing said pictures. I'm sure I can find more. As of now all the walls are built and finished inside and out. I didn't add any support to allow for arm rest or chip trays but that's not as important for me.

IMG_2371 (resized).JPGIMG_2371 (resized).JPGIMG_2450 (resized).JPGIMG_2450 (resized).JPGIMG_3108 (resized).JPGIMG_3108 (resized).JPGIMG_5193 (resized).JPGIMG_5193 (resized).JPG
#310 3 years ago

Quit screwing around and bring those games back

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Where’s brobra ???

Hopefully resting up...last I heard he was supposed to roll into MN early this morning. Was planning to get together with him tomorrow afternoon hopefully we’ll see some posts from him soon...

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

2 coin slot is the euro hand-tip (give away, tell).
Anyone know why the 3 coin slot is a euro thing?

Looking at the Who Dunnit I see at least two denominations maybe a 3rd or a backup or one from an adjacent country? Honestly I’m not the most qualified to answer I’m just guessing.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

So we did a live stream craps session tonight. A little rough, but it was still a blast. ejs thanks man for sharing your set up and all the work you put in with the cameras and streaming.

Well, we got Dave and Mike hooked so that’s what matters!

Computer being built this week so hopefully we’ll have more things to play with in February.

#326 3 years ago

And I’m hooked on that Fire! John P. says we can stop by any time for more.

3D11F3F1-1BF0-4FE4-A549-CE0A4584D43B (resized).jpeg3D11F3F1-1BF0-4FE4-A549-CE0A4584D43B (resized).jpeg
#359 3 years ago

brobra you picked a bad weekend to be out of town. Will catch you next weekend.

4B94C143-ED76-4F4A-A434-1F0429C189C3 (resized).jpeg4B94C143-ED76-4F4A-A434-1F0429C189C3 (resized).jpeg9E4BE90C-849D-4BB9-A569-AB83A4003936 (resized).jpeg9E4BE90C-849D-4BB9-A569-AB83A4003936 (resized).jpeg
#399 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

So what’s up with a POTC LE listed over 20k? I’ve never seen runaway pricing like that. POTC owners have to be excited.
The game was made by GameStop, right?

If I owned a POTC I wouldn’t be excited cause I’d never be selling mine.

#414 3 years ago

Mike snapped a picture of Dave the other night. Dice are mid air.

80EA6552-1AA4-4321-92EE-E10364D9C449 (resized).png80EA6552-1AA4-4321-92EE-E10364D9C449 (resized).png
#416 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Nice shot!
Would love to see a few with a high speed shutter stopping the dice cold mid-air.

My next thought is to eventually get two cameras mounted on the ceiling via the light fixtures for a more permanent solution if we are planning to stream a few weekends a month. That way it would resemble a table like you see computerized/ virtually and then have one or two more cameras pointed at the players/dice. In theory we could then shoot both directions and have up to 6 people playing at some point. Will need a second dealer when that happens.

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I miss mine, other than the damaged playfield from after the glass broke while on location.

This game is a lot easier once you can finger the right suspect based on the eye shifts.

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Drive safely, it’s slick out there...
Slow and steady wins the race today.
[quoted image]

Just got back from Saint Croix Falls, it's pretty nasty out there. Worse yet, the roads don't look that bad even though they are.

#488 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya, I won’t restart a game anymore. I never would restart but sometimes would just plunge and let a ball drain/die. Now I play all balls because of just that. He’ll sometimes ball 1 is amazing and the rest suck

Usually if I have a great first ball, the second or 3rd I usually choke. Essentially 3 balls per game is just 3 chances to do something great on any of the 3. So who cares if the first two are bad for that matter. Besides who doesn’t love a comeback on ball 3.

Some of my games I completely turn off EB. I’ve gotten so good at my HSII I have them off.

The IJ I have is generally factory settings and I’m thinking about turning down the EB to 1 per ball in play and I’m not close to mastering that game yet.

1 month later
#588 3 years ago

Since there’s no EJS adventure thread I’ll just drop this here. I own or used to own all the games in this lineup at brobra except for time machine.

9AF3649E-2FC4-42A2-B43B-22C254733A58 (resized).jpeg9AF3649E-2FC4-42A2-B43B-22C254733A58 (resized).jpeg
#589 3 years ago

Love this carpet.

E84DE7D5-5419-4659-8B2A-9473327CE916 (resized).jpegE84DE7D5-5419-4659-8B2A-9473327CE916 (resized).jpeg
#592 3 years ago

Got my Egghead home safe and sound. Thanks again for the opportunity. If we got an earlier start we all would have time to visit that goose in Hopkins. Hopefully next time. I’m too tired to even set this thing up. Getting old sucks.

CAB556C3-2570-4037-84DB-1C7403AF9554 (resized).jpegCAB556C3-2570-4037-84DB-1C7403AF9554 (resized).jpegD4345FFF-8950-4F28-85A6-BBD1C79C1573 (resized).jpegD4345FFF-8950-4F28-85A6-BBD1C79C1573 (resized).jpeg
#593 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Nearly perfect JPTLW

I couldn’t see anything wrong with it. No scoop wear or egg damage. Snagger works great. When I owned mine I played it a lot. The rules are pretty straight forward but actually kept me occupied for quite some time.

2 weeks later
#627 3 years ago

Glad to bead back!

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Glad to bead back!

I mean....glad to be back.

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

What’s after beads? BenWa Balls? Seriously, in the spirits of getting reamed (pun intended), I eagerly await the next flurry of creatively crafted insults and rage.
To bad I can’t post the from the latest piece of the Brobra scrap book.

You should be able to attach pictures on the forum but if you are on your phone you now have to turn your phone landscape as the attach icon is jumbled into other things holding your phone portrait. I don’t want to mention anything to Robin yet cause it’s not a huge deal and other things take priority.

As long as we are on that subject my avatar is see through....that or the monkey from Tropic Isle has escaped to capture another replay.

#645 3 years ago

Okay, here's my whole take on the Brobra thing that happened the other week. Keep in mind I don't know the FULL story.

Going back more years than I can remember, I used to buy and sell pinball machines a LOT. I don't think I ever took a loss at the time of sale. Keep in mind this was back when pinballplusMN was happy to sell me a quality CV for $2400, which I did buy and polish up and sell for.....more.....in trade value to an awesome guy in WI who I did lots of trades with for a period of 5-10 years or so. With all the games I had coming and going, toes were bound to be stepped on and they were, fortunately very rarely. You do the best you can. You also do the best you can to not damage the trim in your house with a high volume of machines. That area I didn't have so much luck in.

Back then pinball wasn't nearly as cutthroat or desirable as it is today. I've thrown away things pinball related that make me cringe today. Mostly because of low value and nobody wanted it....and I had a lot of it. Now it's worth something.

From what I am seeing, Brobra is able to turn these games around a LOT faster than I ever could, probably because of this unprecedented demand. Now, I've had conversations with Brobra about his buys and sales and I'll just say it really seems like he's doing all this as a service to the community rather than a business. If you look at the pics, these games are all going in and out of his basement and that's a lot of work, even though a stair climber is used. Sometimes they even need a little work (I even fixed a flipper for him when he wasn't looking!) and changing all those LEDs out is not easy work either. Now there's all that driving and sleeping in peoples driveways. That's some dedication right there. The way I see it, Brobra is able to get these games to where the market is demanding them. A lot of people, myself included, get shy about using shipping services due to a lot of the unknown. Much better off having a pinhead move something with care rather than a forklift with a disgruntled dock worker behind the wheel. We all know the outside of the cabinets are just as important as not twisting the game the wrong way to have a playfield glass or backbox glass pop into a million pieces.

(As an aside Brobra was willing to help a mutual friend of ours who he hadn't met before, get a game out of their basement for them the same afternoon the help was requested!)

The prices the games are currently going for are out of my budget generally speaking, but I can respect the market. When you've been around pinball long enough it's hard to look at those games for the prices they are going for after you've bought and sold them for a fraction of the price. No, I'm not trying to turn this into a bubble thread/post. But what did bother me about that CL post was a few things;

1) An issue that wasn't really known by a lot of people was brought into public light as more of a smear than addressing the issue, if there really was one to be addressed. Maybe it was just an expression of opinion. I really don't know.

2) This area was far out of context where people are going to have more questions than anything. A different website too.

3) This 3rd point impacts ALL of us. This posting was in an area where people who are not into pinball (general public) might be coming to buy or sell a game. What kind of image does this present the pinball community in terms of gaining new hobbyists or the average Joe coming to sell their pinball via a WTB ad we see on CL? Stuff like this doesn't help ANYONE, maybe other than some really short term relief for whoever posted that. The point is, we have people coming into the hobby more than ever and for a short period of time in history, THAT might have been peoples first impression. If it was, you better hope they are into that sort of stuff.

Anyway, maybe this is me letting off some steam too but in a more positive presentation. On the east side of the cities the Brobra is among many friends myself included and I hate to see things like this happen to people. I haven't known him for more than a few months but consider him a friend. I even bought a game from him last time I saw him. Who knows, maybe he made a few bucks off me. But I don't care. I wanted an Egghead and he had one at a price I was willing to pay and I'm happy! I don't have any plans to sell it either and even if I did I don't he'd care if I made a few bucks.

That aside I don't see myself selling games other than a couple that might be duplicates among other local collections I visit frequently. I'm more interested in collecting older games many people haven't had a chance to experience and (pending covid) have people drop in to enjoy them. Soon I'll have 7 wedgeheads in my living room and someone needs to help make sure they are playing properly!

On a lighter note I did screencap the original CL post in question but prefer not to post in here for more than one reason. With Brobra's permission I could PM to whoever wanted to see it if you are <3+

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Eric, can I store this at your place? I’ll have another excuse to visit

Bring her on over!

You'll be the 5th member of Pinball Outpost's "save haven" from spouses and domestic partners who are subject to ultimatums of "if you bring one more game home......"

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

CL doesn't take this stuff lightly. I hope they were alerted. And if subpoenaed will provide ISP info for potential lawsuit.
LTG : )

I was actually surprised how long it was up on the site. I'm assuming it was flagged mostly by the locals. But if I was Brobra I'd be all over this from a characterization perspective.

Unfortunately I was up on a ladder pulling fiber cable when all that happened so I couldn't even flag.

#650 3 years ago

brobra if you can help get the snow blower up on the scaffold we should have plenty of room.

If anyone wants that furnace in the left corner today’s a good day to come get it haha. It works and it’s free.

0CF7D8D2-186E-4711-9682-558ED495B313 (resized).jpeg0CF7D8D2-186E-4711-9682-558ED495B313 (resized).jpeg
#652 3 years ago

One look at this thing and I’ve decided bingo machines (or whatever you call this) are not for me.

9E75297F-9483-4750-B639-338801C95684 (resized).jpeg9E75297F-9483-4750-B639-338801C95684 (resized).jpeg
#666 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What time works for picking up the furnace. I have to run up to Rosedale Apple to get my fixed phone so no phone. PM me if that works better. Thanks John

I’ll PM you my number. I’ve had it for two years been meaning to sell it on CL etc but happy to see it go to a pinsider etc. we can meet up later this week if that works best.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

7pm curfew tonight. In case you didn't know.

Thanks! Looks like JohnTTwo and I are not in the included counties for some odd reason. I still made it home by 7 just in case.

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Anyone know if/when we get our “prestige” points back under our profiles. Worked so hard to get towards 100k, now I’m a 1k noob, but it’s all good. Todos bien. We have oinside back. Orale!

1K? I don’t have any back. Is that the post count you are looking at?

I’ve always been curious to see what the entire list contains. I know some include a ridiculous number of thumbs up and login streak.

#688 3 years ago

Is now a bad time for us to have a follower beg-athon

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Oh yeah. Hey buddy, flying carpet flew, so we will find another one.

I knew that one wouldn’t last forever it’s in amazing shape and plays great. I’m glad I was able to play it when I could.

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Now I have time to finish some of my other EMs. Not looking forward to that bingo relay bank. But love the pf.[quoted image]

Wow that cleaned up!

Got all my pops apart on egghead waiting on caps from PBR and wafers from PBL

FC9EAB4E-FC7F-4D97-AD5F-450B02F15730 (resized).jpegFC9EAB4E-FC7F-4D97-AD5F-450B02F15730 (resized).jpeg
#695 3 years ago

Private video. If you change to unlisted we can see. Assuming it’s your vid

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Sunday is fun day!
[quoted image]

Is that the flying carpet that is leaving?

#722 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Boys and girls, post pictures of your cool EMs and early solid states. This new stuff get sort of bland, and that old stuff is sort of spicy. I’ll shut up for a while. Sock in mouth; hands behind back

Here’s the living room. Too lazy to clean up the upstairs classic Bally Williams rooms

Got some punches today at Home Depot to rebuild flippers (hence why the left flipper on buck is missing)

8FA9BE0C-1536-444C-870E-3BD24311BDEA (resized).jpeg8FA9BE0C-1536-444C-870E-3BD24311BDEA (resized).jpeg
#729 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

The pinball outpost. Eric is the shit. Every corner of his house is packed with greatness (pins). Check out his live streams.

Couldn’t do it without Dave either. We’ve been busy working on games and struggling to get motivated to stream since the weather is getting warmer. Hopefully we’ll be stream soon with more projects finishing up. Plus we both have day jobs.

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

How's the Iowa Auction for Pinball prices? Thinking about going, but it seems like at most auctions the games go for crazy prices.
Plus, you gotta factor in the auction house fees.
Wondering if it's worth it for a pinhead to bother going?

I haven’t been to an auction in decades. I’d fear that two too many people will show up referencing prices from eBay and think gold is being auctioned off and the $3,000 they paid for a non working globetrotters is a good deal.

#765 3 years ago

Yeah I met JohnTTwo for the first time a few weeks ago, pretty harmless just another crazy pinhead like the rest of us.

With all these Elvira transactions flying around I’ll just drop this pic right here....

ED60DBC6-AC10-435A-B279-B475FD20498B (resized).jpegED60DBC6-AC10-435A-B279-B475FD20498B (resized).jpeg
#771 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Nice party monsters playfield. NOS?

CPR gold. Better in my opinion, hasn't aged.

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Switches, hardware, rubbers, posts, flipper kits, electronics, switches, Vuk arms, lamps...I love specializing in WpC stuff, cause I have most of the mechanics, boards, hardware, plastics, and electronics. A lot of guys tell me, when your order parts order 3 of 4 extra. That’s been solid advice.
[quoted image]

I was cleaning out my truck today and found those blue bat rubbers you sent me home with. Which game would you recommend they go on? Probably best for something with only 2 flippers.

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a super score? Curious to know what it goes for.

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

[quoted image]

Just don’t yell out the name of the game when you are carting it from the top of the stairs.

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Does this mean that this game sold for $450 plus fees? If so I would have bought it. Those games that have two sets of flippers can really mess with your brain and can be a ton of fun to play. Not saying it was a great price( because I’m not sure) just saying I would have bought at that price. Thanks for sharing pics!
[quoted image]

I love my superscore, it’s basically a roulette wheel with flippers so two player games can become unfair especially when one player can Jack up the wheel value and the other player can collect and reset it. It’s a good novelty game to have for a party. Not the best game to have if you only have one pinball.

#811 2 years ago

This is exactly what I should NOT be watching at 1:00 on a Monday morning trying to get to sleep. Talk about characters I haven't seen in a long time. They must have been the same at every location?

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Damn right
I’ll miss Mist, coffin, castle multiballs, and especially picking off those werewolves in Video Mode...
Wpc plastic ramps are so buttery smooth...
Put grippy flippers on the thing for some good ball control.

Come on over anytime for mine. I put those blue Marco rubber rings on my BSD plays even better.

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I have almost no need for all these colored lamps. I’ll strategically get rid of them by going the color-matched/enhanced insert route.
[quoted image]

I might be interested in a few in 47 to help with paint flaking areas on EMs

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

[quoted image]

Even with the stair climber my back gets sore looking at that.

You’re a hard worker.

I almost feel sorry for those stairs at your house

#841 2 years ago

Just realized that’s not your stairs by I’m sticking with my story

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

and of course the POTC CE

I was telling JohnTTwo today he needs to be buying one of these

#893 2 years ago

I’ve had stories of people ready to…or have had called locksmiths to access a game.

For the same price you can buy the bit, the drill, a new lock and a bunch of fun stuff for your game in the same order as that lock.

#900 2 years ago

We need to have a Brobra look alike contest now.

#901 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Looking for a stern IJ for a buddy. Hit me and I’ll connect you two.

Last time I played one of those was at Drkula’s (I had to Google that) many many years ago when it was new. It didn’t get a lot of love then but I enjoyed it.

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Alright, good, now you have to take a picture of the song you are currently listening to…

#924 2 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

We might have a winner here.

Only thing that can compete with this was if LTG posted a picture on his wall of that old pickup truck with like 8 pinballs stacked on top of each other.

#935 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Listen carefully. There is a tornado warning going off. Neither sleet nor rain nor dark of night will keep brobra from his appointed rounds.

Too bad he wasn’t moving a Wizard of Oz

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Fully embedded in Cleveland.
Embedding 101: find a solid driver.
Boys and girls, we’ve got a train coming out of cleave, back to mpls; pinball heaven

I always assumed that pinball was most popular in Chicago but between successful sales and ops in the twin cities going back many decades I wonder if the twin cities is.

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Nice stash of foam and cardboard.

The Home Depot....you can do it...we can watch.

#1001 2 years ago

1,000!

DOH! Brobra beat me to it but more deserving

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Don't remove the mylar on that, you are in for a world of hurt if you do. Looking at the planking and bubbles, this one is a prime candidate for mylar removal disaster.
That being said you can make that mylar shine with some 1000 grit wet sanding, followed by a buffer with polish on it. Mask off the areas near the mylar so you don't damage them.

When I do my metal I step up from that to 1200 to 2000 to 3000 for a great shine. Quite possibly you’d get good results with Mylar too.

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Had and lost a xenon already
Ohh well

Try her again

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Cabinet looks familiar, just can't make it out fully.

I’ll give you a hint.

The light colored thing on the cabinet is a phone.

#1095 2 years ago

I think it’s the ONLY game with a phone on it. Wait, what about WD? Does it have that rotary phone?

See you in an hour or so hopefully.

#1105 2 years ago

I’m not sure what song is playing. Was driving to Tim’s pinball party and saw this at a Pizza Hut. He was kind enough to let me sit in it.

6887F2BB-4301-4BD6-8B93-4F6E4AF179AA (resized).jpeg6887F2BB-4301-4BD6-8B93-4F6E4AF179AA (resized).jpeg
#1107 2 years ago

Couple more pics

13818F3F-DFCA-4487-895C-179D3C4042B2 (resized).jpeg13818F3F-DFCA-4487-895C-179D3C4042B2 (resized).jpeg6B5E0847-DD4D-433B-A6F7-4E34ACADB6C4 (resized).jpeg6B5E0847-DD4D-433B-A6F7-4E34ACADB6C4 (resized).jpeg9ACA6C77-9583-45BD-9DC8-13F2FAE6CFE7 (resized).jpeg9ACA6C77-9583-45BD-9DC8-13F2FAE6CFE7 (resized).jpegA509C524-7202-4108-A315-D89FE68F7B85 (resized).jpegA509C524-7202-4108-A315-D89FE68F7B85 (resized).jpeg
#1117 2 years ago

I don’t see a microswitch on the glass they probably didn’t think up the whole networked tournament thing until shootout?

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Which is weird because Sharkey's Shootout had the micro switch. But didn't have the Golden Tee topper.

I actually overlooked that it said “tournament edition” so you’d think they’d be hot on that for features. I don’t even remember seeing an extra board like TOPS in the Shootout I had years ago. Maybe that was a thought that never made it to production? I feel like you and I have had this conversation before.

#1121 2 years ago

Just when I thought I’ve seen it all….

965416D7-A0C7-4EF7-BF61-755D054506E9 (resized).jpeg965416D7-A0C7-4EF7-BF61-755D054506E9 (resized).jpeg
#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Shootout never had it.

Okay so I’m not that crazy. Have memory issues from the past since 2015 and I think I owned that game in 2010 for a year or so. I recall the microswitch being on the top left kind of like DrWho and it lead to….nothing.

Quoted from LTG:

You aren't that guy on Reddit that got tired of me telling the same stories over and over, are you ?

“You are doing that wayyy too much please try again later”

Nope. I got fed up with Reddit 5 minutes after creating an account so after trying to post a couple of things that was the end of that. I still look at Reddit if I find something relevant from a Google search. Does Reddit have a group for pinball?

#1156 2 years ago

Uh oh, I know where Brobra is. He’s not getting out of there anytime soon.

#1157 2 years ago

That AFM looks like a reproduction….but take a closer look

#1160 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Soft landing
Home safe

[quoted image]

Ah ha so you did fly. That’s over an hour drive from your place.

#1178 2 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Ugh...the purp LEDs on that ToM

Have No Fear, Brobra will work his magic on that like he always does.

Two game puns in one sentence I’m on a roll tonight

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from outlanewiz:

Love following this thread, but I didn't quite catch what the adventures are. Is Brobra buying pins from all over, giving them the once over, then reselling? Looks like he's picking up AND delivering on both ends? Love all the pics!

Yes and he’s very talented at doing the “reverse rainbow puke”. I’d make a reference to a dog licking up…never mind.

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Whirlwind set sail....I see many more in my future...

I was surprised you let that go so quickly since it’s your top 10.

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

price check on an excellent condition Appollo 13 one of 70 pre-production games...Enlighten me with ranges please.

I’m not qualified to answer but I’d guess high 3s to start? What makes it different than the main run? I recall there was some controversy with the likeness on the Backglass.

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

As we say up here....”you betcha”

Oof da

#1277 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've been passively following this since Chad delivered my EHOH LE a couple of weeks ago. I seriously think this is the best thread on Pinside.
We've got travel adventures...music...funny clips...finding fantastic pinball treasures and delivering them to new homes. What else can you ask for?

If I had a HOH I’d be off pinside and probably taking PTO. Love that game!

1 week later
#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Seriously? I used to play lobster mania back in the day!

He's got a lot of talent I've seen some of his work that he has laying around the basement including a couple slots. I don't think he has a hand in the NEW new stuff but a number of the newer style slots have some of Brobra's work in them.

#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bugs isn't in the line up. It belonged to a customer who asked me to go over it and he's going to sell it. Brobra may be buying it so I let him play it.

I was going to say, masking tape over the coin slot probably not the best business strategy

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Long live the Krona[quoted image]

Just need a small slice of a lime in the coin slot?

#1382 2 years ago

Nice bed! I have the same one in my kitchen right now.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

At least your wife left you back in the house.

Hey with this heat I’ll gladly sleep in the basement.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#1449 2 years ago

Picked this game up from Brobra a few months ago and gave it some lovin. It’s almost ready to shine!

511DE1FA-6B75-4498-BEB7-3930E0D7B9CD (resized).jpeg511DE1FA-6B75-4498-BEB7-3930E0D7B9CD (resized).jpeg
#1460 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nice Egg Head !

I had to make sure it looked better than Brobra’s other egghead especially since he also has the AAB (square head) too.

#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

That game looks awesome buddy. How does it play now? I suppose I’ll have to come over to see how egg head is supposed to play.

I honestly haven’t even played a game yet, it’s pretty much ready though. The flippers were fine when I played it at your house so I’m not sure if I’ll rebuild them right away. I will eventually.

There’s a couple relays that need to be slightly adjusted since they don’t lock in the section of X/O but that’s not a big deal. Half the time those problems fix themselves.

You know where to find me, we have a few smaller events coming up soon I’ll keep you in the loop on. I’ll probably do another small event in August or September otherwise it’s the usual “stop over anytime” policy. Met a couple new (to me) pinheads today and yesterday.

#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

he fit me in before his wife gave him too much sh!t (but I think he's whipped )

I’d say he’s got it pretty good being able to take all these road trips

#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you were Mrs. Brobra, would you want him hanging around the house ?

If I was Mrs. Brobra I’d send him back to PA area and be setting up that Lebowski.

#1473 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Too late on the Lebowski. She’s already home thanks to the Brobra![quoted image]

That’s awesome! Great lineup too!

1 week later
#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Let’s say your price is high on MB (it probably is… not that it makes any difference if someone pays it… and if they don’t, you end up lowering your price… so in the end, big deal).

You can always lower your price, can't raise it. I think his Flying Carpet was fairly priced right but I wasn't jumping at the gun to pay that kind of price but someone else did....or maybe they worked out another deal like I could have if I really wanted it.

#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Zach has a platform in TPN where he can sit and go on (and on, and on, and on) about whatever, and seems to often decide to use whatever platform he has to take shots at people. He’s Il Douche.

I was just telling someone else I don't listen to podcasts since it's usually a review about a game and for that there is only one opinion that matters, mine.

Pinball is such a well known community everyone knows each other so it's disappointing that negative things get said as much as they do. I was going to say pinball is a small community, in some ways it is, but it's been growing really fast. When Dave and I were doing our live streams (returning in a few months) I always kept it in the back of my head to keep positivity in front, even if it's frustrations that I'm having about the current game I'm playing if I'm playing poorly. Which happens more often than not.

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

So EJS eric,
What’s the best way to approach this boy. Need to install the new drops.
Has to be 8 screws to get at this.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a Cleo?

Take that shiny plate off that faces you in the first pic (without all the switch stacks)

Same goes for the one that's parallel close to the playfield. Should be 10 screws if I'm counting (and thinking) right. I can't remember how captive they are on that plate. On the older EM's it's hard to get away without separating that one.

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Someone like you who is wheeling and dealing. Buying, selling, transporting for others. And very reasonable. Doesn't deserve to be ragged on.

You've been a big help to many. More so than some can say.

That's what a lot of us in the metro keep saying but unfortunately our voices aren't as loud as these others

Haters going to keep hating I guess

#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I’m kind of annoyed they didn’t come with decals...doooh...

If I find a set of original decals I’ll give you a set, no charge

1 week later
#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

DB62 couldn’t read your comment on the baseball. Interested to know your thoughts.

He says it’s a good game

#1604 2 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

OH - are you talking about a pin ... or something on your body? better not send pics then...

He already sent me pics. All I will say is it’s a 4 player.

#1620 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Got love the cigarette holders….

Switch them out for a cigar holder, add the poker version and maybe I’ll make you an offer

#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

…supposedly and arguably the birth place of the “Juicy Lucy”….

If you want to get into that argument just shout “5 8 Club” in there really loud and watch them chase you out of there.

Honestly they both make very fine food. I try to stop by either when I’m working in Minneapolis.

#1698 2 years ago

Is that a complete mug collection I see there?

#1709 2 years ago

I think those 2 into 1 (returns) are worth a bit more than that or is one of them a 3 into 1?

I actually had someone offer me a new door in exchange for my used one once.

#1711 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Someone wanted a coin door but I think they are unrealistically looking for a deal that doesn’t exist. I recommend they buy a new door for 200, and call it a day.

As one of my friends says, you play the playfield, not the cabinet.

#1716 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I’m pretty dense, and just figured this out?
Is LTG Lloyd the goose?
What’s the backstory on it. It’s ok, this thread is far from PC; and we’ll bury anything bad so it’s doesn’t make a stench

So for the L has stood in for Lloyd, Learn, Launch, and for a very brief time, Load.

#1724 2 years ago

Is that buckaroo on the move?

#1747 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

People sure like putting $5 toys all over their games.

Stern did

#1757 2 years ago

What I’ve seen, it’s not just about the hard top but it’s also who installs it. Needs to be done right. I played a black Knight with hard top and was one of the best playing BKs I’ve played.

At the end of the day I’d take a CPR playfield though.

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Clean the slingshot kicker. ( unless that is already on your to do list )

And the switch blades. I hate putting a new rubber on and getting dirt tracks right away. (Sorry for being a backseat shopper)

#1779 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I’m depressed now, Metallica will be leaving…but I’m going to play the hell out it before then. It’s such a great game.
If my daughter likes it, you know it’s top notch[quoted image]

It’s my little cousins favorite game at my house and I don’t think she even listens to that kind of music (I do).

1 week later
#1805 2 years ago
C954AA60-1A51-4679-89C8-5610A06A40EC (resized).jpegC954AA60-1A51-4679-89C8-5610A06A40EC (resized).jpeg
#1808 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

good looking Demolition Man

Matching board set including the DMD

Really curious about the software the music sounds different overall and no data on IPDB

4C184EAE-BBCE-422A-B939-3E90FD73DA9B (resized).png4C184EAE-BBCE-422A-B939-3E90FD73DA9B (resized).pngE80D5E0F-6774-42F6-9142-8CB40ECEF527 (resized).pngE80D5E0F-6774-42F6-9142-8CB40ECEF527 (resized).png
#1810 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Interesting. Might check my system and ping back if different.

I’d expect it would be different. Copyright on the software chip is from 1993 on the CPU board and the sound chips are all hand written. This is also a reimport I believe.

“You should’ve stayed there” is missing from speech when you start the second multiball. The music in the first one isn’t the same as game over music but is that of a deeper MB found in production. Other musics are completely different. Werner brothers DMD graphics are on the display which I don’t remember seeing before.

You can’t cheat anything with the top trigger buttons (they work in test and will launch ball so they work)

This is Dave’s game so I’ll have to get another look at the car crash area too I think there were some variations too.

I’ll be looking at mine this weekend and I have a set of HOME-6 chips on standby if I purchase the game.

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Is it the one from CL?

Not sure. Dave did the deal and I don’t look at CL anymore.

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

Apologies if this is not relevant but had similar issues on a jackpot when diagnosing and overhauling the sound board, turns out two of the sound rom chips were fried.

I was wondering that myself. My first guess would be just prototype sound package.

#1847 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

So the proper question is “how much is your life worth?”

I’m sure the state has numbers on all of us for this.

#1850 2 years ago

My Kings and Queens is never leaving the collection either but I hope many can enjoy it while it’s here.

#1863 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Chasing spins is like chasing women but better.

Be careful. Both can injure your back if you don’t know what you’re doing.

#1889 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Just dumped about $500 in comet’s across 3 games. I suppose that’s the price to get the lighting good.

Yeah Comet/ LEDs in general aren’t cheap but worth it in my opinion. I even do my EMs in warm. 2SMD for playfield GI and 1SMD for the backbox and some feature lights.

Quoted from brobra:

I still think JD might need some auxiliary post spots to help.

I need to get some plays on that before it leaves I miss mine from years ago. Yeah I always thought the lighting was a bit awkward and needed a little help.

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Bk2k
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Funny I’ve never known that it said “free play insert coin”. I mean being BK2K it sort of makes sense with the speech. Or was that an honest mistake?

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

Vegas trip!!!!

Naw he’s like 20 minutes from his house

1 week later
#1968 2 years ago

Never heard of the EM scientist I need several of these immediately.

#1987 2 years ago

Great seeing the brobra tonight it’s amazing what odd games can fit in a small vehicle.

5231AB0E-1847-498F-A156-E98A0F8F0C72 (resized).jpeg5231AB0E-1847-498F-A156-E98A0F8F0C72 (resized).jpeg
#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I’ll probably need to lean on you for some EM maintenance.
Good to see you and John.

We’ll get it. Actually Dave is learning a ton about bingos right now with the one he bought. You have to throw everything you know about EMs (pins) away and start over.

Hey the motor keeps running….oh that means it’s working.

1 week later
#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

These are up….
Now setting up my cool Elvira themed virtual pin…

Get a bulb in that left coin chute

#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

You’re as bad as me. First thing I spotted too. brobra will be on the case.

Yep. He’s the ultimate in rainbow puke reversal. I’m still in training….

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
7 months later
#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

shopping out this guy while I wait for whirlwind parts….
Playfield looks great, and cabinet is very good. Leaving incandescent for now.
[quoted image]

I’m slightly tempted on this if you are selling soon. My friend put an idea in my head to collect games with functioning roulette wheels seeing as how I have several already. I don’t even play roulette.

#2362 2 years ago

Well it’s been too long so I had the pleasure of tagging along with the brobra today!

32E05003-C55E-4E49-96EC-B40673615D2C (resized).png32E05003-C55E-4E49-96EC-B40673615D2C (resized).png3D47A5E5-B14B-49A9-83D7-219BA08013BE (resized).jpeg3D47A5E5-B14B-49A9-83D7-219BA08013BE (resized).jpeg
#2364 2 years ago

Just need to get my profanity software out of Dave’s game and open the garage door and will be ruining innocent ears up and down the block.

7748FE71-7B83-44A2-9B28-E0BA17AD2D4E (resized).jpeg7748FE71-7B83-44A2-9B28-E0BA17AD2D4E (resized).jpeg
#2367 2 years ago

Way ahead of you guys….

When we upgraded Johns Indy to PinSound I had an extra sound board so when I get there I just need to swap sound boards and pull game rom.

Dave’s sound board actually has a revision I can’t find any documentation on anywhere it’s so old. First multiball actually plays a tune I haven’t heard on any other demo man.

#2369 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Post a video of that tune; you’ve mentioned that before and I’m curious to hear it.

The one thing I can’t remember is if it’s tied to the game over music or it has the regular game over music already there.

As anyone who knows this game, the first multiball song and game over song is the same in production.

#2372 2 years ago

Going to see what the club has to say about P4 sound.

46A659AB-7E92-4786-8149-364545B13E9F (resized).jpeg46A659AB-7E92-4786-8149-364545B13E9F (resized).jpeg
#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Post a video of that tune; you’ve mentioned that before and I’m curious to hear it.

Turns out my memory is a little rusty so it isn't an original tune in the first multiball but some other tunes sound a bit different. More to come. Here's a sample...

1 week later
#2401 1 year ago

My biggest regret now was not taking more pictures back in the day. Course then space was more finite and more expensive. I have pictures of some playfield shots from years ago but none of the cabinets or backglass. Or a combination of something else and lacking another.

My storage organization was lacking too and I think I deleted some folders by accident as well.

Memories are the best things next to pictures. Unfortunately with time those can fade away too. Just have to make more!

1 week later
#2420 1 year ago

Do the props spin? I can’t remember.

2 months later
#2463 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Did my first PinSound install and added a color DMD on an acquaintances game. unbelievable sound. This was a bonafide home use only NGG. Still had a minor spot of slam ramp wear, but pristine and unbelievably clean.[quoted image]

What was the fix for the display?

4 weeks later
#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Looking for a white water in any condition
Pm me.

I sexted you instead.

#2502 1 year ago

Be careful in there. The font is quite different before anyone asks if I put it there.

EDF3E18A-44F3-40ED-8591-E756D75ECE83 (resized).pngEDF3E18A-44F3-40ED-8591-E756D75ECE83 (resized).png
21CAF650-76AC-47AB-A766-7A8985C703C7 (resized).jpeg21CAF650-76AC-47AB-A766-7A8985C703C7 (resized).jpeg

#2509 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

Is all the GI out?

Sadly, no.

To the left of the left orbit above the reel looks suspect otherwise I see GI reflection.

1 month later
#2562 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two different dirty flippers. Get back to work.

It’s the best of both worlds Williams and Bally

1 week later
#2574 1 year ago

Those flipper bats on waterworld

#2577 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Some super cool Pinsider offered me up a NOs water world playfield I can’t refuse.

I don’t blame you I’d be on that too!

1 month later
#2600 1 year ago

Need more pics of Gigi.

#2602 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Just got her set up. Nothing special on the cab or glass. I’m going to get nos glass because it’s tapped to hell. I do like the playfield and pop bumpers.
Next, set up a rough cab but good pf and glass, sweet hearts also from the 60s.
When my kids have the displeasure of dealing all of my junk when I’m gone, these games will be nearly 100 years old or more.
[quoted image]

Gigi is one of my friends only pinballs. When he first saw it and the pop bumper layout he knew he had to have it. As you know it’s the one I’ve been babysitting for several years now. I’ll probably end up with it someday and I won’t sell it. The cabinet is rough and I’ve offered to repaint it but he wants to leave it. I can respect that.

Spelling all the yellow caps are damn near impossible I’ve come close a few times.

1 week later
#2613 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

If you have a high end shipment some times you need brobra insurance…
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Affordable bussing? I don’t think I could afford to get on that bus.

#2614 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Something doesn't look right on that 494 picture!
Brobra shipping is the best!

I give up where is that? Looks like one of the Carlson towers on the right but only one building. I recognize it I’ve probably driven on that road a half million times. I wonder if he’s on 100 or 169? Knowing where Brobra lives 494 does make sense though.

#2618 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I’m a train guy as an adjacent hobby, recognized the overpass, LOL

Scale model or full size?

#2619 1 year ago

I have wayyyy too many pictures of trains from over the years. A few from this summer on my phone still.

0946164A-CA75-4B9E-AEA9-64921D576E6C (resized).jpeg0946164A-CA75-4B9E-AEA9-64921D576E6C (resized).jpeg99AFE305-BA84-42D4-A1E5-73ADF73E6753 (resized).jpeg99AFE305-BA84-42D4-A1E5-73ADF73E6753 (resized).jpegD7D04B20-E602-45C5-87F7-3E5FC73AC37C (resized).jpegD7D04B20-E602-45C5-87F7-3E5FC73AC37C (resized).jpeg
#2620 1 year ago

My Nathan P3 is on loan to someone. If I ever own my own vehicle again I want to mount it back on.

#2621 1 year ago

This Burlington Northern I’ve had since my dad and I worked on our first project long time ago. I think I have a printed picture of the first start of the layout.

82DA6A17-FFF0-4E40-AD18-9361A7AD7906 (resized).jpeg82DA6A17-FFF0-4E40-AD18-9361A7AD7906 (resized).jpeg

Fast forward decades I bought this BNSF for myself for my birthday this summer. No reason other than it makes me smile. I don’t have any tracks or any setup of any kind. Just these two.

74CCC68F-9546-47D8-B887-D30BBC4C64DD (resized).jpeg74CCC68F-9546-47D8-B887-D30BBC4C64DD (resized).jpeg

#2623 1 year ago

You got it! Mine is even the old cast too.

Someday I’d like to add 2 more chimes to make it a P5. Unfortunately after being mounted under a truck for many years the hardware rusted so bad they are frozen. We are working on getting them removed.

Good news is most parts are cast aluminum and are in good shape.

It’s impressive how little volume of air is needed to operate. I think they are rated up to 150 PSI but personally like the way they sound 130ish

Friend of mine who is now retired from the railroad said they used to toss these things in the garbage…which I find hard to believe.

#2629 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

[quoted image]

Last time I was in there the Dairy Queen behind you was open.

Did you stop in? I’ll bet that place hasn’t changed a bit.

#2635 1 year ago

Never played one. Theme doesn’t do anything for me but I’d get one for the playfield layout it looks awesome.

#2641 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Stop it. No more pins.

Do it for a few months then sell me the Seawitch I’ve been wanting one. (Not desperately it’s a “maybe someday”)

#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I felt like slaying trolls today. Need less to say I shut them down, and not one of the cowards, accepted my offer to speak like men.

I have no idea what this is about but I am enjoying the last pic of the bull. The facial expression is priceless

1 week later
#2676 1 year ago

Trying for another brobra selfie with a snow rake

2817815C-E598-4304-99BF-00ABACEBD737 (resized).jpeg2817815C-E598-4304-99BF-00ABACEBD737 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#2713 1 year ago

I feel like I’m starting my day the brobra way. Not picking up any pins though

1B01D8D3-2BEC-4FF0-8E85-4D80643058AD (resized).jpeg1B01D8D3-2BEC-4FF0-8E85-4D80643058AD (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2744 1 year ago

What a bunch of goofy looking weird….oh shit that’s me.

#2746 1 year ago

If I can find a good backglass for that double barrel I think I see that in my collection

1 month later
#2805 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

I do want to keep Congo original but have seen a few with nice powder coat job….overwhelmed with swatches right now.
So what do you all think? Sweet powder coat or fairhfully close to original?
I thought this game looked interesting….

I usually don’t sink money into mods like that but I like that example.

#2809 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

The scariest part was putting it in the game

The light panel armature of death.

1 week later
#2828 11 months ago

Target pool one of my favorite EMs that one is a keeper.

2 weeks later
#2866 11 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

Picked this ‘61 GTB Showboat up for a buddy…it’s so nice, I’m having some serious finders remorse.
Just absolutely beautiful, original 62 year old game. Original glass is crazy.
Definitely going to a nice home, but my home is nice too. Arghhh[quoted image][quoted image]

How do the flippers work on that game? I assume each button controls a set and not truly both lefts and both rights?

1 week later
#2886 10 months ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

My Popeye experience begins and ends with a single game played on one at Al's warehouse in Fridley when he was still open.
Wish one would go on route around here.

I’m still kicking myself for his $2,000 Rocky I passed on right before he closed. I thought it was priced a bit high…yeah.

Going much further back he had a TAFG for $4500 I think. First time I had played a gold. One of two golds I’ve ever played.

5 months later
#2987 5 months ago

55 day bump? You still moving games around?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.95
Wanted
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brobras-pinball-talk-thread?tu=ejs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.