IMG_2234 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2152 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2153 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2113 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6782 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 3 years ago

So what's your current lineup these days? Anything you're thinking of selling?

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

The real question is, what did the pawn broker give away for it? Based on how firm they seem to be, I bet they’re trying to break even at best. Tag said 5999.

Oooof, that's a lot for a game that doesn't even work.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

WCS...Gnarliness happening on J120 idc...
[quoted image]

Dang, that gives me flashbacks to when I repaired and fixed up a Phantom of the Opera last summer. Bunch of connectors burned up on the PS. I had to re-pin sooo many wires and replace a bunch of connectors. Ass-pain! But it was worth it when I finally got her running. Awesome art and music on Phantom. Rules are just too darn simple.

#280 3 years ago

How's it going with your California connection? You're supposed to hear back from him soon, right?

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Wcs stuff arrived today. Holes filled and nearly formed. Cliffys will go over.
A little more forming an some wet sand. The rest of the pf will get masked:frisketted off.
New coil sleeves, flipper bats, new plastics, rubbers, pf decals, flipper rebuild kit. This thing is coming along.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good stuff, always satisfying to bring a game back like that.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Anyone Have interest in a ImDN premium?

Damn, I did, but I just bought a game. Never fails that whenever I buy a game, another one I'm looking for comes up. Ah well, that's how it goes. You see a game once, you'll see it again shortly. Too many of us rotate our games all the time.

3 weeks later
#476 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

We can agree to disagree on this one. Although, I’ve only partially LED’d a WD. If I were to led I’d do warm light comets; mainly clear, but maybe frosted in the backbox and feel strategic in the GI so I don’t loose my eyesight.
Then again, you had a nice WD. Post some pics of it with the LEDs. I always reserve the right to change my mind. This could provide for some healthy dialogue

I like white LEDs, but don't mind incandescents for home use. If I've got a game on route that'll be left on for 12+ hours a day, then LEDs are a must. Less chance of anything getting hot, less chance of anything burning up, and way less GI power draw-so it's easier on the machine.

1 month later
#731 3 years ago

How's the Iowa Auction for Pinball prices? Thinking about going, but it seems like at most auctions the games go for crazy prices.

Plus, you gotta factor in the auction house fees.

Wondering if it's worth it for a pinhead to bother going?

#758 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/562832511364429/

Huh, this is a little weird. Isn't this the exact same Elvira Party Monsters that you were selling? He's using the same pictures as you did when you listed one, and then asking for $100 more. Seems a little fishy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/113523

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Not fishy at all man, come over to my house and see it. I got permission from Chad to use his pics he took. It is the same machine. Folks on Craigslist always want to at least get a hundred off so if they want a hundred off Okay
Chad is one of the most honest guys I have met in a long time and do not want anything fishy at all to swirl around his name because of what I do.
His pic on post #755 is in my basement

Quoted from brobra:

It’s all good...That EATPM is so nice, John has helped me out a lot, so he’s earned a good spoil and I left more than enough meat on the bones for him. You have to feed your friends too!

Ha, okay. Was afraid someone had ripped off your pictures and was running a scam!

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

[quoted image]

That Timber looks really nice. I remember they had one of these at a local Pizza Hut when I was a kid. I tried to play it a few times, but I was too small to figure out the finer points of timber cutting. Like how you needed to cut into the trunk on the side where you wanted it to fall, and that you had to get out of the way. I always expected the tree to fall in the direction I was facing. But I was like 5, so...

#860 2 years ago

Picking up an Elvira and the Party Monsters project in a couple of days, but I'm gonna have to drill the backbox lock. You've done quite a few haven't you? Could you give me any tips, or even better, rundown your preferred technique for drilling out a pinball lock?

#885 2 years ago

Had to post a Brobra-inspired on-the-road picture. Picked her up today. Needs some TLC, but should clean up pretty well.
IMG_20210502_174550 (resized).jpgIMG_20210502_174550 (resized).jpg

Oh, and try to ignore the leftover QDOBA burrito bowl. The lid was tight, I swear!

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

In bound....
Deadpool LE Loaded Topper Pinstadiums under 500 HOU plays.
IMDN LE ditto
Avengers LE ditto sans topper
and of course the POTC CE

Wow, those are some nice pins!

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Right on Mike. Awesome post. Glad you got yourself into what you wanted and put in some miles to do so.
The Qdoba box is classic and fully authentic relative to road trip neccessities.
Rock on Bro! Nice score. I'm happy for you!

Yep. Wife and I drove up to Fargo for this one. Usually go alone, but she came along today. Was a fun trip, but we were dog tired by the time we got home.

Also, bought a titanium 1/4" drill bit from Lowes on the way home for like 4 or 5 bucks, and drilled out the backbox lock in like 15 seconds. Couldn't believe how easy it was. Thought it would take a little doing, but nope, dead easy. Makes me wonder why anyone ever cuts into a backbox (I've seen it), or rips 'em apart to get inside.

2 weeks later
#1246 2 years ago

Thought I'd post a picture of my ancient Desoldering Gun, since Brobra appreciates old but useful tools/equipment. At least if his love of that stair-climber of his is any indication.

This is a Denon Instruments Company of Japan (DIC) branded desoldering gun. I can't imagine how old it must be, but the damn thing works like an absolute champ. Just used it today to pull a U25 chip for NVRAM replacement, and it makes the work pretty painless.

This thing must be at least as old as I am. I wonder how it compares to a modern Hakko? Cuz this thing is deceiving great!

IMG_20210520_145811 (resized).jpgIMG_20210520_145811 (resized).jpgIMG_20210520_145822 (resized).jpgIMG_20210520_145822 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1569 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Not perfect, but substantially better. Busted out the Paasche Talon brush. May push and clean a little further and then add couple of dust clear passes so it sticks. Errant sprays cleaned up well with cloth and lacquer thinner.
[quoted image]

Nicely done Chad! Never thought of fixing a decal quite like that. Good stuff.

7 months later
#2261 2 years ago

Any upcoming trips to Cincinnati planned?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 16.00
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

£ 49.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

£ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brobras-pinball-talk-thread?tu=DakotaMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.