Topic Stats

• 299 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 241 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2ECB5170-D587-49E6-AF56-8B35C52DCD12 (resized).jpeg
57ABA72E-8F0A-4F38-988C-FACF5E84B3EC (resized).jpeg
1FAA0385-DF73-4CE4-81EB-A1989F2A5EA7 (resized).jpeg
DE6C3147-DBE4-4D3B-BF4E-9F61F6E9BAC5 (resized).jpeg
FC2FB443-358F-4F6F-B727-2B8880A6D4FA (resized).jpeg
EF2A5096-E3E4-4462-A81E-EB73B88E61E4 (resized).jpeg
09CC31D5-0EC8-4612-968E-F395526C63F6 (resized).jpeg
4C375885-8F27-4CF1-B84E-C2B4BE833DFB (resized).jpeg
CC562B25-F227-4B72-8FF1-8ADEDA29F5DD (resized).jpeg
D864921D-4270-4AC2-B36D-919E546C28BC (resized).jpeg
IMG_5193 (resized).JPG
IMG_3108 (resized).JPG
IMG_2450 (resized).JPG
IMG_2371 (resized).JPG
96D7EC44-F3BD-4C42-BAC2-D8D5324E6878 (resized).jpeg
65170DEF-B631-4689-89F2-7DF8294653C6 (resized).jpeg

There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 36 days ago

Would really like a ball bowler project near mpls.

#102 36 days ago

So the main interface to play and enjoy your pinball is a set of flippers. So don’t degrade your gameplay experience and learn to rebuild. This is the de facto pinside thread on the subject.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#103 36 days ago

Want to buy an original AFM in any condition and or NOS parts in decent shape.
Upper Midwest is ideal. PM me with what you have. May consider trades +\-.

#104 36 days ago

Alright, might hit the Gtb wedge head today. Pulled some metals out of the tumbler, took a lot of the dirt but not all of the playfield, and cleaned pops.

Game boots and plays, but the issues I’ve found are:
1) 1 or two pops bing, but don’t pop.
2) both outlane rollovers, register nada.

I have a crush on 60s wedgies: just love the Roy Parker artwork and clean, wholesome’ish 50/60s aesthetics.

Might need a hand (advice) from my EM wizards.

Hopefully I’ll get it running. Also WTB better glass.

This is a good place to look, for used stuff, or I’d recommend, the Shay Arcade Group (might just be him and his glass) for killer repro glass.

http://shayarcadegroup.com/backglasses/

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-backglass-and-translites-thread-buy-sell-trade
12307793-3D22-45F2-8357-B5ADF69A7A24 (resized).jpeg

#105 36 days ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I'd be interested in your KISS. Is that a premium?

I’ve put the feelers out for you, just in case. It’s a premium.

#106 36 days ago
Quoted from brobra:

Alright, might hit the Gtb wedge head today. Pulled some metals out of the tumbler, took a lot of the dirt but not all of the playfield, and cleaned pops.

that's a lot of pop bumpers! did you check all of the spoons/switches underneath and make sure all coils ok?
as far as rollovers, a@uminf you checked/cleaned switches, how many points are supposed to awarded for them and is there any other rollover or switch giving those points? problem could be in that (whatever) point relay

#107 36 days ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

that's a lot of pop bumpers! did you check all of the spoons/switches underneath and make sure all coils ok?
as far as rollovers, a@uminf you checked/cleaned switches, how many points are supposed to awarded for them and is there any other rollover or switch giving those points? problem could be in that (whatever) point relay

Hey Mike, those are great places to start. I’ll inspect those coils and examine the relays. That must be like a 3 way relay? It triggers sound, coil, and runs the score up to the score in the head, right?

#108 36 days ago

Also, I’ve got to tell you, I like cool old games like ball bowlers, shuffle alley, skill rolls, in addition to pins, and video games.

I’ve, seen Mike’s ‘72 Line Drive and it’s a hoot.

Not only did mike get that thing running, but he added lighting and custom side art.

Reposting Mike‘s Ad ‘cause he’s cool (and that is a nice price for a very fun and unique game).

#109 36 days ago

Do you have schematics for your egghead? If so, follow the path from the rollover switch.
I'd start in the head to the whatever point relay corresponds to your rollover. That's assuming you cleaned
The switches first. May be as easy as that

#110 36 days ago

A lot of nice game for sale up here in the north woods.

Archived after 2 days
Not sold
Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “Looking to trade my LOTR Limited Edition for another machine. My game is in excellent shape with a few extras. Only negative is some scratches/wear on the gold trim. Looking for a ...”
2021-01-01
Rochester, MN
Trade

Archived after 11 days
Not sold: Decided to keep game
Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) “1st owner, under 100 plays, no issues with play or cabinet cosmetics. Has alternate translite installed. Will come with the original translite. Yellow T molding Mirror blades. ...”
2020-12-22
Perham, MN
5,200 (Firm)

Archived after 42 days
Sold off Pinside
Machine - For Sale
No Good Gofers Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “Up for sales is a great example of a No Good Gofers. Recently shopped; Cleaned, LEDs and flipper rebuild. Will ship anywhere in the US using STI.”
2020-11-22
New Ulm, MN

Archived after 33 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Twilight Zone Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “Twilight zone loaded with mods. Was in a home collection for 20 years and played lightly. Excellent playfield, note lack of wear at holes, etc. Good cabinet, but note right cab fad...”
2020-12-17
Minneapolis, MN

#111 35 days ago
Quoted from brobra:

I have a crush on 60s wedgies: just love the Roy Parker artwork and clean, wholesome’ish 50/60s aesthetics.
Might need a hand (advice) from my EM wizards.
Hopefully I’ll get it running. Also WTB better glass.
This is a good place to look, for used stuff, or I’d recommend, the Shay Arcade Group (might just be him and his glass) for killer repro glass.
http://shayarcadegroup.com/backglasses/
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-backglass-and-translites-thread-buy-sell-trade
[quoted image]

4 of the bumpers(in the corners ) are dead bumpers. They don’t pop they just register a hit. They have no ring and rod assemblies.

#112 35 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

4 of the bumpers(in the corners ) are dead bumpers. They don’t pop they just register a hit. They have no ring and rod assemblies.

Thanks trilogybeer. Yes, they score, but don’t pop, where’s as the others pop but don’t score. (As designed).

I’ve been running around today and haven’t put too much time into it today, so not much progress to report. I’m going to pull the schematics and study the rules on this game so I can better understand what’s supposed to happen. It’s mostly there, except a few switches and really noisy 1-point score coil in the head. Admittedly, I have very little experience fixing EMs, so this will be a learning experience for me. I actually think EM repair skills have a lot of value; so I want to get good at it.

#113 35 days ago

So, I’ve got to tell you, lesmanley ‘s Secret Santa program gave me a huge boost today, after a rough few days. I literally had tears in my eyes.

If you are able to, I recommend it for next year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/22#post-6031455

#114 35 days ago

Alright, so I used to get offended at the No Rainbow Puke thread, but frankly, I kind of like it now; those guys are funny.
I still like LEDs and I love putting color puke on my games, regardless of what other folks think. So follow this and see how badly my XFiles gets ripped.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/117#post-6031948

#115 35 days ago

So this 1-point relay buzzes really loud. I’m going to dissemble and inspect. Open to suggestions from my EM bro’s.

FEE9000A-7B7C-4334-8436-D6E8E27D2ED9 (resized).jpeg
#116 35 days ago

So a light cleaning of the switch contacts on the 1-point relay, appears to have solved the noise. When the game is powered up, it’s quiet as a church mouse.

#118 34 days ago

Just in time for Christmas.

Archived after 3 days
Sold off Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Cactus Canyon Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Price is firm. Serious inquiries only. No trades. This listing is for a Cactus Canyon in overall good condition. The playfield is vibrant with LEDs in the GI, backglass and color...”
2020-12-23
Denver, CO
8,999 (Firm)

#119 34 days ago

Came across this playfield restoration process today. Thumbs up. May want to try this sometime.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bare-wood-em-playfield-repaint

#120 34 days ago
Quoted from brobra:

So a light cleaning of the switch contacts on the 1-point relay, appears to have solved the noise. When the game is powered up, it’s quiet as a church mouse.

So got 1-point relay on egg head playing nicely. The “Pop” only bumpers award 1 point. Thanks fanuminski and trilogybeer for the gentle suggestions.

Off to the two “x” and “y” switches, which are dead right now.

#121 34 days ago

Don’t love how this leaf is bent. Hitting the leafs, first.

They run to these x and o relays also toggled by targets. So you can toggle x and o from 4 switches. Let’s get these guys playing nicely.

660DF24F-FCF8-476F-8537-20290C2A29DF (resized).jpeg7540E2AE-F64E-443C-8814-0A56EB58B304 (resized).jpegFC1D6C7B-B1FB-4649-87CD-5A8843AB036E (resized).jpeg
#122 30 days ago

I am free!!!

#123 30 days ago

Free to help?

#124 30 days ago

One thing I am beggining to learn with EMs is tread lightly and attack each problem one at a time. Got score reels cleaned and looking nice and made an adjustment to to units units reel (one point reel). Was getting hung up rolling from 9,0,1. Was sitting too far off the assembly brackets.
(Fixed the sink, disposal, blown down fence, and my snowblower, so now back to work on pins.)

#125 29 days ago

so after not learning my lesson and monkeying with too many things at the same time, I'm back to a good spot.
My score motor was stopping after about 1/3 rotation from home. Tracked it down to a misadjusted hold relay switch.
Now off to tackle these items first to get the game playable.

Ball count (No Game over)
(Drain hole, and both out lanes do nothing.)

Open to ideas, as I do my own research and look through schematics, and examine components and switches.

#126 29 days ago
Quoted from brobra:

Ball count (No Game over)
(Drain hole, and both out lanes do nothing.)

Drain hole and both outlines fixed. Tracked down to switch leafs at ball release.

64C8F4B8-97B0-4916-ACD0-15D71E35D77E (resized).jpeg
#127 27 days ago

...cleaned sequence relay, game over relay, and checked adjusted switches. Game plays and ends properly. Scores correctly, X and O selection relays appear to work and trigger and special when a line is completed.
This was a fun crash course.

1E32FA52-D64E-4ED8-9061-D6FEC867C09F (resized).jpeg20F4938E-2F06-4E18-9467-B499C792024D (resized).jpeg6EFAD5FA-7DB8-41D5-B637-CDDBA2B0DB9D (resized).jpeg
#128 27 days ago

Looking for a new project EM within driving distance of mpls. Preferably a Gtb Square Head as a nice mate to Egg Head.

#129 26 days ago

Is that your egg head on Craigslist?

#130 26 days ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Yeah, I have a chance on one that’s nicer on a multigame deal, so we’ll see if anyone wants it locally now that it’s up and running.
I love the game and I am hoping to get another egg head maybe in better condition with a nice condition square head.

#131 26 days ago

Always crushed on Mary Ann...
...RIP

9336025F-3459-4C44-B6EE-57BA6909DAC2 (resized).jpeg
#132 24 days ago

Hitting Kings and Queens.
1) As triggers Kh, and vice versa.
2) Not getting 10, 20, 30 points on some holes until at least 1, 2, 3 suits are collected for A, K, Q, J, respectively.
Working those long relay banks.
Thanks fanuminski for the extra hands, and eyes today. I've got us back in black now, but there's more scores to be had

#133 24 days ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

No action; so it's down and stays until I find a nicer one, but she cleaned up pretty well. Still dialing it in. It's a hard game.

1 week later
#134 14 days ago

Haul in’ ass through mn/Wisconsin;
Hit me with some wpc action

33647A4E-E60C-421B-BC63-7641074D3AEC (resized).jpeg
#135 13 days ago
Quoted from brobra:

Haul in’ ass through mn/Wisconsin;
Hit me with some wpc action
[quoted image]

Hey I'm in WI. I'm the guy that bought your Junkyard just about a year ago. Still working perfectly. I'm still looking for another machine.

I am also a 90's purist- a true golden age for pinball for me. TOM, IJ, Whitewater, Fish Tales... I am looking for Who Dunnit. I owned one, sold it, and now want it again BAD. It is a mashup of 2 of my favorite things- Noir and Pinball. There is one at Great American Pinball but it's just priced way too high at $4295. Then there's gonna be tax on top of that. I was considering offering them $3500 out the door, since the condition looks great...

I also love Twilight Zone, and have been tempted by the one you have, but I am scared of the reliability of them... Also just like anything- I'm not sure someone else's mods retain their value. IDK. I do love the one you have for sale though...

#136 13 days ago
Quoted from daakrolb:

Hey I'm in WI. I'm the guy that bought your Junkyard just about a year ago. Still working perfectly. I'm still looking for another machine.
I am also a 90's purist- a true golden age for pinball for me. TOM, IJ, Whitewater, Fish Tales... I am looking for Who Dunnit. I owned one, sold it, and now want it again BAD. It is a mashup of 2 of my favorite things- Noir and Pinball. There is one at Great American Pinball but it's just priced way too high at $4295. Then there's gonna be tax on top of that. I was considering offering them $3500 out the door, since the condition looks great...
I also love Twilight Zone, and have been tempted by the one you have, but I am scared of the reliability of them... Also just like anything- I'm not sure someone else's mods retain their value. IDK. I do love the one you have for sale though...

Hey buddy,
Good hearing from you buddy. Glad JY is still tight.
TZ is a beast for sure, but these ‘90s DMDs are built to last and very repairable.
I’m about to pull the $109 trigger on the clock at Pinballlife. New flipper kit should be here by Friday. Feel free to call, PM, or text me.
I’ll keep and eye out for who dunnit; just played one Tuesday for a while.
It’s hard to match the build quality and toys on 90s DMDs; that’s pretty much why I like to own and play them.

#137 13 days ago

No better essential tool, than a Lectro Truck...this thing has saved years on my body.

92A933C1-3344-4CA7-9CD9-394368970024 (resized).jpegD5F0A192-3476-413B-88E2-63A715EAE263 (resized).jpeg
#138 13 days ago

Lacrosse WI to Hudson WI is a world class gorgeous drive; almost capable of making me a Packers fan.

6DD5FA03-2EE6-4770-9B04-AD6A7D321918 (resized).jpegADAF5BD4-C1C2-4451-978B-385CA8D69542 (resized).jpegF74D716F-3341-4DAA-90B0-5054E33BB879 (resized).jpeg
#139 13 days ago

If you run across a JJP Pirates CE anywhere on your journey's I'm your guy!

#140 13 days ago
Quoted from daakrolb:

. I am looking for Who Dunnit. There is one.... priced way too high at $4295. Then there's gonna be tax on top of that. I was considering offering them $3500 out the door, since the condition looks great...

You can always try. On the other hand, dealers have overhead and deserve to profit on their games; they’re pros. Plus good dealers do shop these out; so you are buying a reliable game with some recourse if something goes wrong. If you’re going to approach 5k on a who dunnit; it done better be f@cking solid all-around.
But let me work my Brobra magic and we’ll be in touch. Just don’t torture me on the price

#141 13 days ago
Quoted from Vitty:

If you run across a JJP Pirates CE anywhere on your journey's I'm your guy!

You got it bro. Paid 17k for
The last one. I’ll find another one.

#142 13 days ago

So what’d you snag in your travels?

#143 13 days ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

So what’d you snag in your travels?

Dealt a Simpsons pinball party and wcs94.
Wasn’t able to grab anything on the way home, so I’m open to buy now.

#144 12 days ago

I’m going to have to start a blacklist of people who have d*cked me around on deals. Man up putos; if you do t want to deal with me, be a man or woman with cajones.

#145 12 days ago

Taking the temp on interest for AFM and Medieval Madness originals. Routed for sure, but might be great players games or restore candidates.

#146 12 days ago

Arcade stuff
Tempest and millipede cocktails.
Looking for price ranges and desirability please.

57CC0C8C-E995-4F91-9EC7-2B1C14A9E1E7 (resized).jpeg696BD800-6E5A-4F9A-A2F6-AD4EF4D33C30 (resized).jpeg
#147 12 days ago
Quoted from brobra:

Taking the temp on interest for AFM and Medieval Madness originals. Routed for sure, but might be great players games or restore candidates.

I’d be interested in a routed Medieval madness if the price is right.

#148 12 days ago

Headed to Prescott, WI. I’ll be on the ground for about 45 minutes there, then open to buy a DMD game in the area. PM me if you have something and are in range.
Thanks,
The Brobra

#149 12 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I’d be interested in a routed Medieval madness if the price is right.

Hopefully, I’ll know soon.

#150 12 days ago

Attention EM nerds, if anyone is interested in:
Vagabond
Cover Girl
Or possibly Egg Head

Pm me, so we can split shipping.
I’m taking square head, probably egg head,
And there is interest in Foto Finish.

If I get the deal done this weekend, expect them at my place by 2/5? Maybe sooner.
You get my pricing. I’m just letting others in to offset shipping cost. You get 100% transparency.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 89.99
$ 30.00
There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside