IMG_1446 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1433 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1364 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1313 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1308 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1314 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1312 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1293 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 61.
#851 2 years ago

That video is hilarious. The lectro is literally 40 year old tech. Rated to 1500 Lbs.
Weighs 205 Lbs.
It’s a beast, but can handle eight pins up two flights of stairs and then lifted into truck on a single charge.
It’s nice how the 205 Lbs counter balances a 300 lb pin.

Love that video....

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

wow I didn't know how they worked. They look better than the "escalara" for moving big things on stairs

Seems it covers more distance on stairs with less step contact? I know Escalara is about 6 seconds per step.

Maybe we can get BroBra to film his in action. ?

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Seems it covers more distance on stairs with less step contact? I know Escalara is about 6 seconds per step.
Maybe we can get BroBra to film his in action. ?

I’ll tripod film a trip up stairs, and we can clock it. Hehe.

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Excellent, look forward to seeing this.

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

If for sure looks more efficient than the escalera. It does appear to make more contact with the steps especially the toe plate. Does it scratch wood stairs?

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

If for sure looks more efficient than the escalera. It does appear to make more contact with the steps especially the toe plate. Does it scratch wood stairs?

I’ve been working with affixing black adhesive pad where it contacts the stairs or fragile surfaces. The rubber wheels don’t do any damage. In some cases cardboard or an AstroTurf runner carpet protects flooring from this behemoth steel beast.

#857 2 years ago

Cool frosted whites from Cointaker are the way to go. Match inserts with color frosted. Easee peezee!

Quoted from roffels:

Thanks! I think I like the cool whites in it - trying to avoid color bombing it, but wasn't sure which white bulbs would look best. The cool whites look to go well with the blue color scheme.
I have a Dracula set to arrive in the next couple days, and I've been hesitant to put in a Comet LED order.

#858 2 years ago

I don't see any Frontier pin in that picture?

Quoted from brobra:

My friendly nemesis scored the 4 EMs at 1400 off of CL. Happy for him, but really wanted to pick those up. There was a nice frontier in there. That’s how it goes. Early bird gets the worm.
“Just when you think you are winning the rat race, along come faster rats....”
- a very wise man[quoted image]

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

I don't see any Frontier pin in that picture?

Apologies. Pioneer.

#860 2 years ago

Picking up an Elvira and the Party Monsters project in a couple of days, but I'm gonna have to drill the backbox lock. You've done quite a few haven't you? Could you give me any tips, or even better, rundown your preferred technique for drilling out a pinball lock?

#861 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Picking up an Elvira and the Party Monsters project in a couple of days, but I'm gonna have to drill the backbox lock. You've done quite a few haven't you? Could you give me any tips, or even better, rundown your preferred technique for drilling out a pinball lock?

You should be able to loosen the torx safety screws if I'm remembering correctly. I do not know the size offhand...

#862 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

You should be able to loosen the torx safety screws if I'm remembering correctly. I do not know the size offhand...

Edit: I'm incorrect on this. Lock is on the side.

#863 2 years ago

I use a pretty heavy duty bit, 1/4-1/2 “.
Drill right into the key hole and straight through. Some guys use a cutting lubricant for the bit. I go dry at the expense of a bit or two. Use some pressure, but let the bit do the work. Drill straight. When you reach the end, you usually hear a piece of metal drop in the box. Had an arcade with 5 locks on it. Got through it in one bit, recently.
Can also practice with a old lock on a coin door, to get the hang of it and visually understanding what you are trying to do.

#864 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Chad is totally right on wpc games. Just remove the torque screws to bypass the head locks. Coin door would be like I described above.
Still really want a good pic set.

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I use a pretty heavy duty bit, 1/4-1/2 “.
Drill right into the key hole and straight through. Some guys use a cutting lubricant for the bit. I go dry at the expense of a bit or two. Use some pressure, but let the bit do the work. Drill straight. When you reach the end, you usually hear a piece of metal drop in the box. Had an arcade with 5 locks on it. Got through it in one bit, recently.
Can also practice with a old lock on a coin door, to get the hang of it and visually understanding what you are trying to do.

Yep, I usually use a 1/4 and fire it straight through.

#866 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Yep, I usually use a 1/4 and fire it straight through.

Rip it good.

#867 2 years ago

This might help in a pinch.

#868 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

This might help in a pinch.

That actually works. I’ve done it before. Good post.

#869 2 years ago

Great band, one of their worst songs.

#870 2 years ago

Brobra no big buck hunter pins around?

#871 2 years ago

The bucks are behaving like unicorns....

#872 2 years ago

I’ve recently drilled with 1/8’s and had luck, did a golden tee with that, but don’t go too big or it will suck to drill. Just needs to pop screw off the back to release the lock or the key bits fall out so it turns I would think.

#873 2 years ago

Want to pick up a pin in Arlington Texas?

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Want to pick up a pin in Arlington Texas?

RustyLizard I sort of do.
Contact me with details.

#875 2 years ago

Seriously considering Dallas/Fort Worth Area (one way drop in off a big bird), and rally up I35 to Oklahoma City, KC, Des Moines, Minneapolis. Moving south to north.

Pm me if you have action needing to flow north.

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Seriously considering Dallas/Fort Worth Area (one way drop in off a big bird), and rally up I35 to Oklahoma City, KC, Des Moines, Minneapolis. Moving south to north.
Pm me if you have action needing to flow north.

Alright, alright, I'm now searching the route for tasty games... found a few potentials. If anything works out I will ping ya.

#877 2 years ago

EM Heads....Check this out.

#878 2 years ago

Putting some plays on Batman 66 Catwoman Signature Edition...
Pretty easy game, but some shots take a while to master, fun features, love the crane and crane shots, toys, love the video clips, sound, and DmD graphic design, motion graphics, and presentation.
Don’t like hard steel ramps, but shots are fun when you hit. Would love a good orbit shot, some smoother ramps, and $100 in better 3d sculpted toys versus plastic “flat Stanley” cut-out characters. Excellent production overall and a very entertaining Stern.

#879 2 years ago

ChrisPINk25
Thought you’d like to see Tapper. Timber is in the 2nd part of the vid.

#880 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-ideas-from-illinois-to-texas#post-6257637

Hello! Was directed here by another pinsider after making my above post about moving a woodrail from the Chicago area to Houston. Looks like it may be the wrong way for your next Texas trip, but wanted to check in in case something lined up.

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from emspence:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-ideas-from-illinois-to-texas#post-6257637
Hello! Was directed here by another pinsider after making my above post about moving a woodrail from the Chicago area to Houston. Looks like it may be the wrong way for your next Texas trip, but wanted to check in in case something lined up.

I’m trying to get to Texas, but don’t have anything lined up yet. Will be down near Chicago Monday and there’s a potential Ohio trip shaping up for next week, but may not be firm until Monday.

#882 2 years ago
C9E7C391-F17D-4F57-85A7-91B57F8C78F1 (resized).jpegC9E7C391-F17D-4F57-85A7-91B57F8C78F1 (resized).jpeg
#883 2 years ago

Next adventure...Pm for details up or down stream; mid week through the weekend.

2F5FCF58-2367-4D48-B3C0-3EFB2517D6B9 (resized).jpeg2F5FCF58-2367-4D48-B3C0-3EFB2517D6B9 (resized).jpeg
#884 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Next adventure...Pm for details up or down stream; mid week through the weekend.[quoted image]

look at that construction! hope the drive goes well

#885 2 years ago

Had to post a Brobra-inspired on-the-road picture. Picked her up today. Needs some TLC, but should clean up pretty well.
IMG_20210502_174550 (resized).jpgIMG_20210502_174550 (resized).jpg

Oh, and try to ignore the leftover QDOBA burrito bowl. The lid was tight, I swear!

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:Had to post a Brobra-inspired on-the-road picture. Picked her up today. Needs some TLC, but should clean up pretty well.
[quoted image]
Oh, and try to ignore the leftover QDOBA burrito bowl. The lid was tight, I swear!

Right on Mike. Awesome post. Glad you got yourself into what you wanted and put in some miles to do so.

The Qdoba box is classic and fully authentic relative to road trip neccessities.

Rock on Bro! Nice score. I'm happy for you!

#887 2 years ago

In bound....

Deadpool LE Loaded Topper Pinstadiums under 500 HOU plays.
IMDN LE ditto
Avengers LE ditto sans topper

and of course the POTC CE

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I was telling JohnTTwo today he needs to be buying one of these

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I was telling JohnTTwo today he needs to be buying one of these

He needs one for sure!

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

In bound....
Deadpool LE Loaded Topper Pinstadiums under 500 HOU plays.
IMDN LE ditto
Avengers LE ditto sans topper

Wow, those are some nice pins!

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Right on Mike. Awesome post. Glad you got yourself into what you wanted and put in some miles to do so.
The Qdoba box is classic and fully authentic relative to road trip neccessities.
Rock on Bro! Nice score. I'm happy for you!

Yep. Wife and I drove up to Fargo for this one. Usually go alone, but she came along today. Was a fun trip, but we were dog tired by the time we got home.

Also, bought a titanium 1/4" drill bit from Lowes on the way home for like 4 or 5 bucks, and drilled out the backbox lock in like 15 seconds. Couldn't believe how easy it was. Thought it would take a little doing, but nope, dead easy. Makes me wonder why anyone ever cuts into a backbox (I've seen it), or rips 'em apart to get inside.

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yep. Wife and I drove up to Fargo for this one. Usually go alone, but she came along today. Was a fun trip, but we were dog tired by the time we got home.
Also, bought a titanium 1/4" drill bit from Lowes on the way home for like 4 or 5 bucks, and drilled out the backbox lock in like 15 seconds. Couldn't believe how easy it was. Thought it would take a little doing, but nope, dead easy. Makes me wonder why anyone ever cuts into a backbox (I've seen it), or rips 'em apart to get inside.

I second the Titanium drill bits. Had to move a Black Knight and owner had lost keys. With a corded drill , it sailed through.

#893 2 years ago

I’ve had stories of people ready to…or have had called locksmiths to access a game.

For the same price you can buy the bit, the drill, a new lock and a bunch of fun stuff for your game in the same order as that lock.

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

The worst is when they drill small holes through the wood to try and pic a lock..
Sad and funny all at once...

#895 2 years ago

A one off inbound...
A very nice WPT I shopped, rubbered, and LED’d. A solid good looking example from PF to cab, and no color puke to speak of...
Listing forthcoming...

#896 2 years ago

I have a “Gone in 60 seconds” assignment.

Looking for these titles on my next trip route, near me, or in a single location.

MM original
The Shadow
Sopranos
TSPP
Cv
Ww

Thanks in advance for your help.
-Brobra

#897 2 years ago

Inbound...
EHOH Le with topper loaded with mods.
JP Le with topper loaded with mods.

#898 2 years ago

Looking for a stern IJ for a buddy. Hit me and I’ll connect you two.

#899 2 years ago

Picked up this really nice TZ today!
Works great. Just need to eliminate those damn batteries!

20210503_171904 (resized).jpg20210503_171904 (resized).jpg20210503_203450 (resized).jpg20210503_203450 (resized).jpg20210503_213220 (resized).jpg20210503_213220 (resized).jpg20210503_213228 (resized).jpg20210503_213228 (resized).jpg
#900 2 years ago

We need to have a Brobra look alike contest now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

There are 3,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brobras-pinball-talk-thread/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.