(Topic ID: 200288)

Broadway Paint

By thelazybman

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10-12-17 022 (resized).jpg
    10-12-17 021 (resized).jpg
    10-12-17 009 (resized).jpg
    10-12-17 010 (resized).jpg
    10-12-17 008 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Greetings i'm doing a little touch up on my Broadway. not sure if it's getting better or worse? anyhoo the sides have evenly spaced holes along the top and bottom. Nails? metal side rails?

10-12-17 008 (resized).jpg10-12-17 008 (resized).jpg

10-12-17 010 (resized).jpg10-12-17 010 (resized).jpg

10-12-17 009 (resized).jpg10-12-17 009 (resized).jpg

10-12-17 021 (resized).jpg10-12-17 021 (resized).jpg

10-12-17 022 (resized).jpg10-12-17 022 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Yes. It was common for operators to "update" the look of older bingos with cheap metal rails over the wood rails after metal rails became standard from the factory on new games.
    Sometimes they would take off the wood rails and chuck them, so you are lucky in that regard.

Not sure about the bottom.

#3 6 years ago

The bottom nail holes might be from an aftermarket metal pan that covers the entire bottom of the game and wraps up both sides of the cabinet a few inches. Wico used to sell them.
    Quite a few of the bingos I have seen over the years have had large break in holes under the cash box.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

The bottom nail holes might be from an aftermarket metal pan that covers the entire bottom of the game and wraps up both sides of the cabinet a few inches. Wico used to sell them.
    Quite a few of the bingos I have seen over the years have had large break in holes under the cash box.

AKA "ghetto plate"

#5 6 years ago

Where can you buy the speckled paint at anymore ?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from BingoButch:

Where can you buy the speckled paint at anymore ?

http://www.zolatone.com/

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from BingoButch:

Thank you dennis

This is the paint Bally used to use. Mostly the gray speckled as seen on Bally Spinner games and others. I saw an article in a mid-50's Billboard magazine stating that Bally had started using Zolatone paint on their games. Good for hiding imperfections.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broadway-paint?hl=bingobutch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.