(Topic ID: 254980)

Bringing a machine across CAN to US?

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer67.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

I did this a few months ago and had no trouble.

There is no duty under $2500 if it was made in the USA and private sale. Bring a copy of the manual for the machine, or other proof it was manufactured in the USA.

I can't remember if it's the same thing for import as export (I'm Canadian), but for export I filled out form 7523.

Bring some kind of signed invoice or other proof of fair market value (a few recent archived Pinside sales couldn't hurt) and have a contact phone number in case the US border want to phone the seller to confirm.

#17 4 years ago

Yep, it should be no problem whatsoever but I go over the border once a week for commercial purposes. I can tell you, from experience, it depends on the particular guard and his/her mood and how they react to you and your communication at that moment. They are trained to read PEOPLE and question PEOPLE and they will sometimes challenge you to see if what you're saying is accurate/your reaction to being made to feel uncomfortable.

The guard I had looked at the form, didn't even look in the trailer at the machine. But I've had other experiences where I've been hauled into US Customs and given the third degree. And yes, as per above don't have your guy mention a third party. Need to know basis and they don't need to know that. It could unnecessarily complicate things.

Just have your guy be prepared for the worst and if you sail through...awesome!

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Ha, if going this route, other fun stuff to pick up: Old Dutch potato chips in fun flavors, a proper Oh Henry chocolate bar or Coffee Crisp, and canned sockeye salmon.

And Ketchup potato chips!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer67.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bringing-a-machine-across-can-to-us?tu=Pinballer67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.