(Topic ID: 131388)

Bringing a Haunted House Back to Life!!!

By davebart5

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by d0n
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0610_(resized).jpg
IMG_0607_(resized).jpg
IMG_0513_(resized).jpg
IMG_0512_(resized).jpg
IMG_0522_(resized).jpg
IMG_0519_(resized).jpg
IMG_0520_(resized).jpg
IMG_0517_(resized).jpg
IMG_0515_(resized).jpg
IMG_0616_(resized).JPG
IMG_0533_(resized).jpg
IMG_0534_(resized).jpg
IMG_0536_(resized).jpg
IMG_0530_(resized).jpg
IMG_0531_(resized).jpg
IMG_0528_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 8 years ago

Hi Dave, the 1st thing I'd do is get that darn old battery off the CPU board, you don't need it to work on the game. It could start leaking from the move and you don't want to have to deal with that too. I'll be watching this thread too (for the fun factor ), and probably post when you need tech help.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

1 week later
#39 8 years ago

Keep in mind that using a magic eraser removes the original clear coat. That's why the planking and dirt goes away. Basically, you're removing the tiny cracks in the clear that are holding the grime by making the cracks in the clear wider. By removing clear, you're also removing the silk screen protection.

Steve

#44 8 years ago

Yes, if the wax is water base, unless you have cleared the playfield with auto clear, avoid it. Anything water base will separate/lift the screen ink/paint from the wood.

Steve

#55 8 years ago

What I do is repair any pop bumper to playfield wear and then install a adhesive mylar ring that's the same size as one of those platters there. Sometimes, I install one of those loose platters on top of it so it looks original. I'm sneaky that way.

Steve

#57 8 years ago

I can't say too much since I like to keep all the original boards in my games if possible. It's the easiest for me since I know how to fix them and have the parts needed on hand.

Steve

3 months later
#138 8 years ago

Those black corners indicate that the tube still has gas in it, all Gottlieb display tubes have them. When it's out gassed or the nipple on the back of the tube is broken off, those black dots turn white. It may very well be that the display or the UDN6118 is near the end of life. What happens if you leave the game on overnight? Sometimes, I've seen that bring them back to life and brighten them up.

Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bringing-a-haunted-house-back-to-life?tu=blownfuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.