(Topic ID: 144421)

Bringing a game into the US from Canada, LEGALLY.

By GPS

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi All,

Have located a game in Canada that I have on my list of games I would like and was wondering if there is anyone out there that has brought a game back to the USA from Canada. What needs to be done? How does this process work? Any issues? Hw is this handled as far as my entering Canada and then coming back to the USA?

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

George...

#2 3 years ago

If you get it yourself, as a returning American you won't be bothered at all bringing back something "Made in the USA" back into America.

No need to be sneaky, there are no taxes or duties in play for you. Just tell the customs people you are coming to Canada to buy a pinball, and on the way home you tell the US guys you bought it and are bringing it back.

#3 3 years ago

It's super tricky. You just drive it over the border, tell them you have a USA made pinball machine, and go on your merry way. That's pretty much it.

#4 3 years ago

No issues. You'll get some strange looks from the agent, but nothing in taxes. It's a US manufactured good and you are a US citizen (I presume).

I've brought back a couple from Canada without issue. I think it's when you bring a pin in to sell is where you'll pay GST.

#5 3 years ago

Agree with all of the above, just one note to add. Have a bill of sale handy with sellers name and contact number and amount. Reason is proof that item is not stolen!

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

If you get it yourself, as a returning American you won't be bothered at all bringing back something "Made in the USA" back into America.

100%. GPS, a Spanish made pin would be a different situation.

#7 3 years ago

shiiiiiiiit, after all the Terrorist activity, my guess if you twitch wrong or send any weird look or activity, or "look not normal" they may want you to open that "PINBALL MACHINE" up to make sure that it really is a game.....

I hear all above and agree but I would be prepared for maybe possibly kinda like a little tighter inspection, MAYBE I AM WRONG.

#8 3 years ago

Those Custom guards love to joke around, so just entertaining them with some amusing story about how you have no idea about where it came from or what might be hidden inside. That will relieve some of the boredom that their job entails and who knows, you might just make a good friend. They probably will invite you into their office for a nice sit down chat, and maybe some coffee and if you're lucky, you'll get a private room.

#9 3 years ago

Don't forget with the free health care in Canada, you might even get a prostate exam

#10 3 years ago

Make sure there are no surprises hidden inside.

#11 3 years ago

Where is Vid's pin full of dildo's pic when you need it.....

#12 3 years ago

I just brought a game into Canada to sell I said Iwas bring it to my cottage .no tax .maybe was lucky ???

#13 3 years ago

claim it was from syria. should be no problem.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Make sure there are no surprises hidden inside.

Like the one full of dildos?

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinnaf:

shiiiiiiiit, after all the Terrorist activity, my guess if you twitch wrong or send any weird look or activity, or "look not normal" they may want you to open that "PINBALL MACHINE" up to make sure that it really is a game.....
    I hear all above and agree but I would be prepared for maybe possibly kinda like a little tighter inspection, MAYBE I AM WRONG.

Only if you are an American. Sahibe can come in unhindered.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Like the one full of dildos?

I'm sure they run into pins full of dils all the time no big thing

#17 3 years ago

Don't try to take a gun into Canada. They won't let you. It's real difficult to check a gun on the US side at 3:00AM. Trust me. I know.

#18 3 years ago

Sounds straight forward. Just did not want to encounter all kinds of BS though I suppose that is always a possibility. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Thank you guys.

G

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside