(Topic ID: 143601)

Bring a pinball machine to a craft fair?

By dannunz

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Comic_Com_013.jpg

#1 3 years ago

I want to get the word out about Pintastic New England to the general public. Thier is a large craft fair in my area that draws a lot of people. Anyone ever do this?

#2 3 years ago

No but good idea. most people don't even know they still made pinball machines

#3 3 years ago

"...draws a lot of people..." is the key. I would bring a machine that doesn't sell for a lot of money as most folks won't put up thousands for an impulse buy. Maybe in the $400 to $700 range if you really want to sell it. But if you're just looking to get exposure for Pintastic, bring a game with a well-known theme, easier or folks to relate.

Good luck, let us know what happens if you take one.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

"...draws a lot of people..." is the key. I would bring a machine that doesn't sell for a lot of money as most folks won't put up thousands for an impulse buy. Maybe in the $400 to $700 range if you really want to sell it. But if you're just looking to get exposure for Pintastic, bring a game with a well-known theme, easier or folks to relate.
    Good luck, let us know what happens if you take one.

It would not be for sale just on free play to show people pinball still exists.

#6 3 years ago

What're the key demographics for a Craft Fair in your area? Here, it's much too female and much too old to do much good.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

What're the key demographics for a Craft Fair in your area? Here, it's much too female and much too old to do much good.

That's kind of what I was thinking also. To many woman. Maybe setting up at a comicon would be better. Although we do have a bunch of free stuff for kids and family's so that would tie it all together.

#8 3 years ago

"much too female". "to many woman" [sic].

Yes, by all means, keep the helmet party going, and then ask why more women don't enjoy this hobby.

#9 3 years ago

not a craft fair, but the MPE guys have done something similar.

They setup 5-6 pins at a small comic book event (great time, the show welcomed us - no charge for space).

Then they did the much larger Michigan Comicon, and lastly they did the Autorama.

All of the shows were a blast, and you just handout fliers or promotional cards for your show.

At all the shows, the machines are set on free play, or credits were put on the older machines.

Comic Com 013.JPG

#10 3 years ago

Make sure you've got space where you're not going to be pissing people off - I've never been to a craft fair but I imagine pinball sounds fitting in better at a comicon (or auto show for that matter).

That said, while the craft/pinball crossover audience probably isn't huge, there will certainly be a few people there that aren't into crafts and might enjoy the diversion!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside