(Topic ID: 309966)

Brighton (MI) Pinball Club

By CypherPinball

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

99237853-7A99-4B3B-B7D5-ED60F28400FE (resized).jpeg
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

I think the issue is having people with less machines join wanting to participate, as opposed to wanting to host. As someone who is new, and has his first pin coming soon, I would rather meet a bunch of people, and play a bunch of different games so I can start planning for the next pin, than host people and just stand around.

#52 2 years ago

We have a Jackson area private league going on 5 years now I think. 20 people in the league..capped at 20 for room, 6 with large game collections , about 160 games total . League plays once a month for 8 months rotating the 6 houses. Then a finals. League dues are $100 a person per season. We've used all the money over the years to buy two games.. one awarded to the a division league winner and one to B division each season. Winner keeps the game for 6 months. The current two are X-Men Le, and WWE LE. Have upgraded and usually get new trophies Evey year... Just thought I'd mention if your looking for ideas for your new club. Unless your just going for casual play..

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

I think the issue is having people with less machines join wanting to participate, as opposed to wanting to host. As someone who is new, and has his first pin coming soon, I would rather meet a bunch of people, and play a bunch of different games so I can start planning for the next pin, than host people and just stand around.

When you're in a league or club like this each person has to be able to host when it's their turn. It wouldn't be fair if the same people had to open their home all the time to host events. Being able to host everyone is also important; otherwise, how do you decide which people can't participate in an event.

IF a game limit is determined and people don't meet that requirement, it doesn't mean you can't join later once you meet the requirement.

The intent here is simply to meet other locals and get together to enjoy the hobby of pinball. Unfortunately, there has to be some sort of rules involved that make it fair for everyone involved.

Again, we don't need to get too deep in this conversation until we meet on the 26th. We need to go in open minded and try to come up with ways to keep everyone included that is interested in participating.

I don't think we're looking at getting in to annual fees or pay to play. We're simply asking that everyone respects each other property. Try to remember, most of us don't know each other and we're getting ready to open our houses to host one another.

I look forward to meeting everyone on the 26th, and let's try to hold off on all the details until we can meet as a group.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

We have a Jackson area private league going on 5 years now I think. 20 people in the league..capped at 20 for room, 6 with large game collections , about 160 games total . League plays once a month for 8 months rotating the 6 houses. Then a finals. League dues are $100 a person per season. We've used all the money over the years to buy two games.. one awarded to the a division league winner and one to B division each season. Winner keeps the game for 6 months. The current two are X-Men Le, and WWE LE. Have upgraded and usually get new trophies Evey year... Just thought I'd mention if your looking for ideas for your new club. Unless your just going for casual play..

Thanks for sharing, those are all great ideas for a league. This is more for casual play and to meet people. We're not planning on this becoming a competitive league. We may have the occasional tournament, but monthly league play is not the initial intent of this gathering.

#55 2 years ago

In for the 26th.

2 people (me and the missus)

Later,
    EV

Our 9 pins are;
    - X-men Pro
    - Stranger Things Pro
    - Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
    - Star Wars Pro
    - Iron Maiden Premium
    - Jurassic Park Premium
    - Avengers Infinity Quest Premium
    - Game of Thrones LE
    - Alien SV (remake)

+ Arcade 1up Marvel mini digital pin

#56 2 years ago

I'm interested in learning more on the 26th. It will just be me in attendance.

I live in the NW corner of Superior Township. My house is 25 minutes from Downtown Brighton, near the intersection of M-14/23. I have the following collection:

Willy Wonka LE
    MMR
    Star Wars Premium
    BM66
    Indiana Jones (Williams)

#57 2 years ago

In: 1

As someone who wouldn’t be able to host for years (small game room is right next to my kids’ bedroom so I can’t play at night), I’d love it if people who can’t host were still allowed to participate but just had to pay something like $20 per time to the host. We can talk more on the 26th. Thanks for putting this together!

#58 2 years ago

In: 1

I have three machines. Looking forward to the discussion on hosting because I am probably on the cusp. For newer players, machines have become prohibitively expensive. We can't grow our collections at the same pace folks did 5+ years ago. Still, I think it's important to draw some younger members. At 39, I am often the youngest person in the room at events.

#59 2 years ago

36 here

#60 2 years ago

I'm 41, so around the same age

#61 2 years ago

Danny - I'm counting roughly 10-12 people up to this point.

#62 2 years ago

Just got off the phone with Brewery Becker and they don't do reservations for space or anything. They do room rentals, but not reservations. So we'll just have to make due with the space available on Sat.

#63 2 years ago

I'm interested and I just meet the 30 minute cut. I won't be able to make the 26th either so I'll look at details that come about from the meeting.

I will say, my gaming area is pretty tight, like 12x30 tight mixed in with the games, a furnace, some low hanging ducting in the basement. Not really sure what an absolute max would be with my space.

But pinballs I have:

Stranger Things Premium
    TMNT Premium
    Jurassic Park Premium
    Bride of Pinbot 2.0
    Hardbody

Video games
    Konami TMNT 4 player cabinet
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Couch/TV/Consoles

#64 2 years ago

How are we going to know who we are meeting? Will there be a group name, or do some of us know each other and can wrangle people we don't know? I have never met any of you guys, and I don't want to random people not part of the group.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

How are we going to know who we are meeting? Will there be a group name, or do some of us know each other and can wrangle people we don't know? I have never met any of you guys, and I don't want to random people not part of the group.

You guys need a secret hand signal.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

I'm bringing a sign-in sheet so we can get everyone's contact info for the Google group. Look for a large table with a sheet of paper and a pen.

#67 2 years ago

Last night's meeting was fun. I was great meeting people.

#68 2 years ago

I enjoyed meeting everyone. Did you send out the google group info yet?

#69 2 years ago

I haven't. Busy work day yesterday. Should get it out later today.

#70 2 years ago

Ok, so sent the google group invite to everyone that was at the meeting on Sat. If you didn't receive the invite pm me and let me know, and include your email in the pm. I think I was able to read everyone's email ok, but it's possible that I interpreted the handwriting wrong.

#71 2 years ago

Fyi, check your spam too. I just noticed that a couple of the messages ended up in my personal email spam. I guess Google thinks Brighton pinball club is spam. I'm going to set a Gmail filter up for myself so that nothing BPC related goes to spam. If you joined the Google group, you might want to do the same.

#72 2 years ago

Mine went to spam but I found it. Thanks again for organizing. Looking forward to the first event.

#73 2 years ago

Eric sent out details about next week's get together. Just a reminder to check your spam in case you didn't receive anything.

2 months later
    #74 1 year ago

Hi Group,

Just a reminder in case some of you are still missing emails. Please check your spam settings. I know that I had to set up a filter so gmail didn't flag the emails from the group as spam.

Also, Eric any ideas for a group logo for a tshirt? I don't know anything about getting tshirts made/ordered. We need a kick-ass shirt!

#75 1 year ago

I've only heard back from 3 people for Thursday. PM if you didn't get an email.

4 months later
    #76 1 year ago

Anyone in for 007? I think it looks pretty cool. Though, I've been informed our pinball money is in reality 2023 Alaska trip money.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brighton-mi-pinball-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.