2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SealClubber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Who makes the absolute brightest flashers on the market (wedge tower)??

#2 2 years ago

If you have unlimited space, it can get pretty insane, to the point of pain.

These are my favorite:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/10smd5630t10metal.htm

Especially in Domes.

Backbox is another story, or front facing from below, a Standard 8 flat, is among the brightest,
    but you can also add Strips, Pads, and COB Panels off a wedge flasher, if Space is not the issue.

Depends also what you are lighting, as sometimes you want a glow, like in a Simpsons figure,
    and you want light spread differently.

So application based, is also part of the question, and answer.

#3 2 years ago

I'd have to say beelzeboob is the brightest flasher I know. He has a collage degree yet he still can't help himself.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If you have unlimited space, it can get pretty insane, to the point of pain.
    These are my favorite:
    http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/10smd5630t10metal.htm
    Especially in Domes.
    Backbox is another story, or front facing from below, a Standard 8 flat, is among the brightest,
    but you can also add Strips, Pads, and COB Panels off a wedge flasher, if Space is not the issue.
    Depends also what you are lighting, as sometimes you want a glow, like in a Simpsons figure,
    and you want light spread differently.
    So application based, is also part of the question, and answer.

I'm thinking about the cloud topper on TAF and the Visor on Jackbot.

#5 2 years ago

On the flip side, is there a way to tame a flat 8 smd flasher? I have one in one of my inserts and it is too intense, almost blinding. Was thinking about putting some duct tape over some of the smd's so it's not as bright.

#6 2 years ago

I use Art's formerly of Comet, 22 SMD ... Very very bright

#7 2 years ago

I havent personally done TAF or BOP, but if you have a wedge socket, and I believ lots of room, you can use Comets matrix in 12V and add a couple of COB panels in white, and an ICE BLUE, and PURPLE in 6 SMD, Firing those 3 at once, along with at least the 8 head directional, you can go above and beyond 1 bulb for a lightning effect extreme!

#8 2 years ago

Great time for this topic!!!....I'm looking for " melting bright" red 906 RED's, and 89 Blues under the disc in my TRONLE think I can stuff those 13 LED towers in there...should do the trick?

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I havent personally done TAF or BOP, but if you have a wedge socket, and I believ lots of room, you can use Comets matrix in 12V and add a couple of COB panels in white, and an ICE BLUE, and PURPLE in 6 SMD, Firing those 3 at once, along with at least the 8 head directional, you can go above and beyond 1 bulb for a lightning effect extreme!

That sounds sick!!!....the cloud topper above TAF is in need of a vicious blast when it hits "showtime" mode!!!...think I'll poke around up there and see how much room I have, but think plenty. Think your color choices will be spot on!!!

#10 2 years ago

I love these ones. Super bright but more importantly you direct the flash to where you want it. You can also squash them into the housing like in the standard 8 smd directional flasher.

www.ebay.com.au/itm/331910361717

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from BioBa:

I love these ones. Super bright but more importantly you direct the flash to where you want it. You can also squash them into the housing like in the standard 8 smd directional flasher.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331910361717

Good choice! Available here from all vendors, also in 2 headed Matrix, for double light, 2 different colors, or Power tap.

#12 2 years ago

I put a bit of electrical tape over individual lamps to tame my flashers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 244.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside