(Topic ID: 14408)

BridgeRectifier question, Fish Tales resetting...

By johnkinkokomo

12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by tomdotcom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Bought some BR's a while back and cant remember what they are for. I was hoping someone here would know.

Looks like the number on them is KBPC3506W. I think I bought these for a newer Stern. The question is will these work in a WPC Fish Tales?

Not big on board repair. Have done a few transistors in the past. Looks like these BR's in the FT are the factory ones and I would like to try this repair before calling in the hired guns.

The other question would be IF KBPC3506W's are ok, are they OK for BR1 and BR2? Or are they different numbers?

Any info appreciated.

#2 12 years ago

That should be fine for any WPC games for BR1, BR2, BR3, BR4 and BR5. The voltage rating on that one is 600v the original is 200v. That is fine you can go up on voltage rating but not down. That really means it will hold up better under a load before breaking down. Long story short that BR is fine to use in Fish Tales. I just replaced BR4 in my Shadow. It's not that bad, especially if you have a desoldering iron. Just be careful not to yank those legs if they are not loose because there are plated through holes that can get pulled out. I think Pinwiki has some good instructions on this as well. Hope this helps.

#3 12 years ago

That bridge rectifier will work in your game.

Study up on game resets before you start replacing components that may be good.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

LTG

#4 12 years ago

John, make sure you troubleshoot your reset problem properly before you just swap bridges. You can create a whole lot of problems swapping bridges on these boards, even with the proper tools. Go through the reset section on Pinwiki and check things like connectors etc.

#5 12 years ago

John, Thanks. Lloyd had alerted me to do that as well. I checked lots of things, ended up pulling the board. Looked it over and the previous owner has done the deal where the cap and BR2 are tied together with 2 pieces of wire on the back of the board. This is a standard thing? I dunno. Anyway, I just added a slight amount of solder to those wires as it was just a little thin and reinstalled. So far it is not resetting. Doubt "I" fixed anything, but maybe unplugging an reseating all the stuff on the driver board and the connectors down by the transformer (per pin-wiki) may have done the trick.

Now I am going to have to figure out why the sound is hanging on it. It will start the game with the sound and then hang as it gets going. It will even reset the sound at the end of a ball and then hang again. Not sure where to go on this one either. New ribbon cables?

#6 12 years ago

My buddies fishtales sound went wonky on him like that. I replaced the ribbon cable for him between the boards, and that fixed it.

Could also be a soundboard issue though...ribbon is cheaper though haha...hope for that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 169.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bridgerectifier-question-fish-tales-resetting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.