5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rectifier (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm a newbie - trying to learn.
Tested out my bridge rectifiers on my Williams Tri-Zone as the controlled lights (sorry but not sure if that's correct phrase - but those lights that are not permanently on) dont work.
Did a diode test with the machine off. The right hand one produced 0.43 reading with black lead from my meter (in diode mode) on positive output, and red on adjacent legs. No reading when reversing leads.
And exactly the same results when testing red lead against negative leg, etc. I think that is correct.

However on the left hand bridge, with black lead on +, I had a reading of 0.425 from each adjacent leg, but when reversing leads (i.e. red lead on +), the reading just climbed until it reached about 0.95. From what I read, this should show no reading. I got identical results when testing the negative terminal (0.425 but 0.95 when reversing leads).

Am I right in thinking this left hand bridge rectifier needs replacement? Could that be the source of the problem with the controlled table lamps?

Thanks for any help

rectifier (resized).JPGrectifier (resized).JPG
#6 5 years ago

thanks for the posts. Strange thing,switched it on and all the light behave as they should.
Either I am the most brilliant technician ever. or else very lucky and must have unknowingly restored a bad connection

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bridge-rectifiers-1?tu=geee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.