(Topic ID: 280420)

Bridge Rectifier ID?

By goingincirclez

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201027_102857 (resized).jpg
    20201027_102846 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Expanding my tech horizons, I'm helping a client rebuild a Genesis amplifier. It's from the 90's and all the caps, etc have aged out.

Knowing what I do about how "bridge rectifiers don't last forever either", I pulled that out too while we were in there. But there is no schematic for this amp and unlike caps, the specs for the bridge are either unlisted, or unclear.

I *think* this is a 35A 600V bridge and some googling seems to back that up but not to my satisfaction. But unlike pinball boards, these amps are not easily or cheaply found if I make a mistake. So I beseech the experts here, can anyone tell me what this is / should be for sure?

Thanks in advance...

20201027_102846 (resized).jpg20201027_102846 (resized).jpg20201027_102857 (resized).jpg20201027_102857 (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago

Thank you as always Ed!

I did chuckle a bit when I noticed the metal casing was just floating above a PCB in a big metal enclosure. But unlike you I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to know better. Appreciate the advice! But I might stick with the OEM-style metal casing just to preserve appearances to factory build, lest there be any accusations of funny business later. These things are... not common.

Thanks again!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bridge-rectifier-id?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.