Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mitch
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230224_205015 (resized).jpg
    20230224_204059 (resized).jpg
    20230224_203158 (resized).jpg
    20230224_203046 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2264 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2262 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2263 (resized).JPG
    PXL_20201004_010312252 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9917 (resized).jpg
    15A56422-A676-4415-8CFE-ACFAB73F6AC9 (resized).jpeg
    A3694177-6FB8-4CF3-9E04-749254D1BA34 (resized).jpeg
    20200419_173740 (resized).jpg
    5V_fuses (resized).jpg
    20200401_180943 (resized).jpg
    20200401_173201 (resized).jpg
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

This makes sense to install in both Firepower and Pinbot right?

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

This makes sense to install in both Firepower and Pinbot right?

Yes, both games need this.
    You can look on my website in the supported games list:
    http://home.kpn.nl/p.koch3/Supported_games_list.htm

Peter

#53 5 years ago

I have installed this "Bridge Board"as it's called in my PinBot. I had a question concerning the wiring instruction for this particular Williams game, as my wire colors did not match the example given for the system 11A which is the operating system for PinBot. It was a Sunday and I thought ,...Let me go ahead and send an e-mail and this way I would get an answer I hoped Monday.I sent along a few pics showing my wire instal. To my surprise , in only a short time from sending that Sunday morning e-mail, I found a reply from the Owner (designer builder) himself. He said my install looked correct and that I needed to look up line for my apparent problem,as the board was properly installed. I was instructed by him what to check, which In my mind could not be the cause. You see,I had installed a brand new power supply board and fuses were checked upon install. Low and behold, he was spot on, so not only did he respond within min. on a weekend. He went out of his way to offer guidance and direction outside the scope of the board install. Thats Customer Service at the Highest Level.

I waited to see how it worked in the game, found out that my PinBot had a System 11 board and although that was normal practice for route owners to do in order to keep $ producing games on site, It can be confusing when your not aware of such changes. That being said, he also pointed that out as being one of the reasons I got a little concerned about my install. It has been several weeks or longer since I did the install. I told a friend of mine who is known by all that might read this, and been in the pinball part supply business since the early 70's. He expressed to me that this concept as I described it was for those games a very good way to address several issues that effected Williams power demands that in many cases leeds to wires burning up particularly on the early system games.

If you own a Williams system 3-11A pinball machine or a Data East of the mid to late 80's which use the exact design and power supply board, you should have these simple to install effective , and I suggest safety measure in EVERY game you own. The value when you look at the components alone, 2 Bridge Rectifiers, 2 big capacitors, even the fuses are installed, it cost less than rebuilding a Flipper, I have started to install one in each of my 7 pinball machines, just the reduction of strain and replacing those weak BR"s alone is saving some other components from failing or at least extending their life.

I joined Pinside , although I use it to find information, I was not a registered user, as I had nothing to offer In my mind, This is bringing something to the table. Not enough talk about the huge benefits of this simple to install way to improve your games system at an affordable price. This has been one of the very best investments I have made. Get one for every pinball machine you own that takes one and you will know what I mean. Thank You Inkochnito.( Peter) For building something that's extending the life of these Classic 40 year old American Treasures for the next generation to experience. Bronkzilla / Florida

IMG_0026 (resized).jpegIMG_0026 (resized).jpegIMG_0275 (resized).JPGIMG_0275 (resized).JPGIMG_0303 (resized).JPGIMG_0303 (resized).JPG
    #54 5 years ago

Thanks you very much for your kind words!
    See, now I'm blushing....

Peter

#55 5 years ago

I'm gonna buy two more right now. Just because Inko rocks!

#56 5 years ago

A shipment of 20 Bridge Boards are on their way to Marco Specialties.
    He forgot to order a new batch due to attending so many shows.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Inkochnito:

A shipment of 20 Bridge Boards are on their way to Marco Specialties.
    He forgot to order a new batch due to attending so many shows.

Do you sell them directly?

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

Do you sell them directly?

Yes, but shipping to the USA is expansive.
    Please do this in a email or PM.

3 months later
    #59 5 years ago

Peter, quick question. I came across this article when I picked up my first pin a month ago, a Williams Space Shuttle, and I ordered one of your Bridge Boards from Marco as a result.

Getting ready to install today, I noticed the large capacitor is definitely installed, but the original rectifiers are missing. Now, the previous owner had replaced the original power supply with the Rottendog WDP3211A, which I'm assuming might be the reason those rectifiers are gone. Can I still use your board, or is it rendered redundant with the upgrade in power supply?

#60 5 years ago

Use this board for all the Williams puck bowlers as well! I have installed 3 of these.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matrices13:

Peter, quick question. I came across this article when I picked up my first pin a month ago, a Williams Space Shuttle, and I ordered one of your Bridge Boards from Marco as a result.
    Getting ready to install today, I noticed the large capacitor is definitely installed, but the original rectifiers are missing. Now, the previous owner had replaced the original power supply with the Rottendog WDP3211A, which I'm assuming might be the reason those rectifiers are gone. Can I still use your board, or is it rendered redundant with the upgrade in power supply?

Can you post an image of the big cap and surrounding area?
    The manual clearly shows 2 bridge rectifiers (and the big cap).
    The power supply being replaced shouldn't change that.
    From the looks of the Rottendog board it is a drop-in replacement for the power supply only, not the bridge rectifiers.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Use this board for all the Williams puck bowlers as well! I have installed 3 of these.

Knowing and understanding what the Bridge Boards are for helps a lot.
    Piece of cake if you know what you are doing.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Inkochnito:

Knowing and understanding what the Bridge Boards are for helps a lot.
    Piece of cake if you know what you are doing.

You need to contact Terry at Pinball Life to sell these.

1 month later
    #64 5 years ago

Thank you for the device! i'm excited to put it in, but one of my BR's is all gray wires. I haven't had time to really dive into it, but if there was a quick tip on how I can install, that would be helpful

IMG_5223 (resized).jpgIMG_5223 (resized).jpgIMG_5224 (resized).jpgIMG_5224 (resized).jpgIMG_5225 (resized).jpgIMG_5225 (resized).jpg
    #65 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Thank you for the device! i'm excited to put it in, but one of my BR's is all gray wires. I haven't had time to really dive into it, but if there was a quick tip on how I can install, that would be helpful

In the first picture you are holding the connector that needs to go to the Power Supply board.
    All ground wires (Black) in a 6-pin connector.

The second picture you are holding the supply connector that needs to go to the Power Supply board.
    The gray and gray-white wires are for the 5V supply, blue is the 34V and the purple is the 18V wire.
    The white wires are 90VAC for the displays +100V and -100V.

You are looking at the wroung connectors.
    Follow the wires connecting to the bridge rectifiers (third picture).
    All leads goto one 12-pin connector.
    That's the connector you need to find.

Here is a marked version of your bridge rectifiers.
    On my website http://www.inkochnito.nl is a step-by-step guide how to connect the Bridge Board.
    Just click on the Bridge Board image and choice the language you like.
    If you still have questions, just ask....

Peter
    Williams_Bridges (resized).jpgWilliams_Bridges (resized).jpg

#66 5 years ago

Oh sorry! I took these pics a month ago and forgot what had to get plugged in.

Thank you! I will try to install this tomorrow! So excited!

#67 5 years ago

Thanks! Once I saw your labels in my pic above and your directions, with the install in front of me, it all made sense installed! Just need to zip some wires together

668118DD-B4BD-4477-8153-7CF59BB143F6 (resized).jpeg668118DD-B4BD-4477-8153-7CF59BB143F6 (resized).jpeg
    #68 5 years ago

I have this on my Christmas present list - great idea and will go nicely with the SSS board which already saved me from possible damage on a stuck pop number.

Well done.

#69 5 years ago

Hi Peter,

Sorry for taking so long to follow up on this! Haven’t touched the SS for a while as it’s been a busy time, but I’ve got her opened up and here’s the pic you asked for. Let me know what you think...

EEA855D9-BF74-447B-8EFB-FEC33D3E2A81 (resized).jpegEEA855D9-BF74-447B-8EFB-FEC33D3E2A81 (resized).jpeg
    #70 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matrices13:

Hi Peter,
    Sorry for taking so long to follow up on this! Haven’t touched the SS for a while as it’s been a busy time, but I’ve got her opened up and here’s the pic you asked for. Let me know what you think...
    [quoted image]

Can you show a bigger view/picture please?
    There is no way to tell where the wires from the big cap are going to....
    I think the two pegs on the right are supposed to have the bridge rectifiers.
    Atleast the image on the ipdb says so.

1 week later
    #71 5 years ago

Do these help?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #72 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matrices13:

I can see the original rectifiers in this image.
    I've marked them with the red arrows.
    The yellow arrow points at the connector for both rectifiers and the big cap.
    That's the connector you work from.
    At the black arrow you can see the ground wire from the big cap going to the flipper power board.
    Simply cut them at the big cap and reconnect both black wires to one of the ground connection points on the Bridge Board connectors.
    Just follow the step-by-step instruction for a game like Laser Cue:
    http://home.kpn.nl/p.koch3/laser_cue.htm
    It has the same type of setup.

Peter
    www.inkochnito.nl

SpaceShuttle4 (resized).jpgSpaceShuttle4 (resized).jpg
    #73 5 years ago

Thanks, Peter. I also got a new flipper power supply because the flippers are both stuck up (seized at the coil level, it appears) and I’m looking at all avenues to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matrices13:

Thanks, Peter. I also got a new flipper power supply because the flippers are both stuck up (seized at the coil level, it appears) and I’m looking at all avenues to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Problems with the flippers are a result of bad End Of Stroke (EOS) switches.
    Make sure they open when the flipper is up and are gapped correctly.
    A new power supply doesn't fix that.

2 months later
    #75 5 years ago

Bump for a great product. I had an issue with a TMNT that I picked up and blowing the fuse on the control lamps. Installed this board and fixed my problems and no issues since! I will proactively be installing in my other DATA EAST Games!

#76 5 years ago

I love this product as I have 2 games going in route, BK and BW. I feel better knowing these are in place. I got BK installed a bit ago with Peter answering all my questions promptly.

I then ordered 2 for baywatch as one is standard and one can replace the other fuse/cap/rectifier for lamp/dmd line. He verified a picture and I'll be installing that too!

9 months later
    #77 4 years ago

Can someone please tell me if I need to add another violet wire to this connector on my High Speed?

The second picture is another pinsider's High Speed and it has 2 violet wires coming out of the connector to the Board. Mine is the first pic, and I only have one violet wire. I'm going to install the board next week and I just want to make sure.

IMG_20191031_172626 (resized).jpgIMG_20191031_172626 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191017-210830 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191017-210830 (resized).png
    #78 4 years ago

Both violet wires in that connector end up on the 18V lugs of the new board. So, it's an additional wire to help distribute the flow of electricity. If you are able, I would just re-pin that single connection and add one violet wire to better distribute the 18V rail to the new board. It was likely overlooked on the Williams assembly line and when they tested it and it worked, it was called good and they shipped it out. Could be overkill but if you can re-pin a wire, it's an easy fix. If the wires are not a large enough gauge, the circuit could be stressed and generate a lot of unnecessary heat, blowing a fuse.

You would probably be ok using the single wire connection but, if you want to be certain, add the wire.

https://powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

#79 4 years ago

Awesome, thank you. I had to install molex pins to replace my siren motor and that went well, so I think I'll add the wire. Thanks again.

#80 4 years ago

It is not nessesary to double up on the wires.
    Just keep them original, unless specified by an amendment.
    The Bridge Board has extra connections (just in case), but not all are used.
    The only thing I would add is an extra ground wire to the metal plate of the back box.

Connection instructions are also on my website http://www.inkochnito.nl (click on the Bridge Board image).

Peter

#81 4 years ago

@inkochnito, would the extra ground wire connect to the same terminal as the violet wire?

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from killborn:

inkochnito, would the extra ground wire connect to the same terminal as the violet wire?

No, you need to use a GND (black) connection at any connectors on the right side.
    It does not matter if it is on the orange side or the purple side, they are all the same.

Bridge_Board_connections (resized).jpgBridge_Board_connections (resized).jpg
    #83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Inkochnito:

No, you need to use a GND (black) connection at any connectors on the right side.
    It does not matter if it is on the orange side or the purple side, they are all the same.[quoted image]

Thanks for posting pic with wire color chart. I can’t get it to open on your site. Follow chart above for high speed correct?

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

Thanks for posting pic with wire color chart. I can’t get it to open on your site. Follow chart above for high speed correct?

Yes, can't go wroung.
    Here is the pdf file with more explanation.

Inkochnito_Bridge_Board.pdfInkochnito_Bridge_Board.pdf
    4 months later
    #85 4 years ago

Finally got my first one installed in a Flash machine.

Only difference on this one that wasnt in the pdf for install was there is a white and red wire instead of a second orange.

20200401_173201 (resized).jpg20200401_173201 (resized).jpg20200401_180943 (resized).jpg20200401_180943 (resized).jpg20200401_180948 (resized).jpg20200401_180948 (resized).jpg
    #86 4 years ago

You may want to add two more fuses for the 5V (gray) wires.
    I've seen one recently with burned gray wires.
    In later games those fuses are factory.

Peter

5V_fuses (resized).jpg5V_fuses (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #87 4 years ago

Had considered buying one of these bridge boards for years, but have always just done the fuse mod. Decided to try one out and could not have been happier. Easy to install and works great. Thanks Inkochnito!

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeye11:

Had considered buying one of these bridge boards for years, but have always just done the fuse mod. Decided to try one out and could not have been happier. Easy to install and works great. Thanks Inkochnito!

YES! Super awesome board. I throw them in all the games they support for longevity and reliability. Mix that with the solenoid saver fuse board and it is pretty solid.

1 week later
    #89 3 years ago

Lazerball install.

20200419_173740 (resized).jpg20200419_173740 (resized).jpg
    #90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Lazerball install.[quoted image]

I would suggest to take away the High Voltage paper.
    It works as an isolator for the heat.
    It can also burn when it gets hot enough....

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Inkochnito:

I would suggest to take away the High Voltage paper.
    It works as an isolator for the heat.
    It can also burn when it gets hot enough....

I actually cut it around the rectifiers and removed any paper that was behind them and cleaned the glue off with acetone so they are mounted directly to clean metal.

You can kinda see if you zoom in.

3 months later
    #92 3 years ago

How can I buy one of these?

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Last1Left:

How can I buy one of these?

Marco
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5040-09051-RC

Hmm it is out of stock, maybe inko can comment where? Or another board shop has them in stock

#94 3 years ago

Big Daddy Enterprises has them too.
    Allthough he may be out of boards soon.....
    Restocking goes slow because of veeeerrrrrryyyy slow postal service.
    Customs slow things down too.
    Last time it took a package 2.5 months to get from Europe to the USA.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from Inkochnito:

Big Daddy Enterprises has them too.
    Allthough he may be out of boards soon.....
    Restocking goes slow because of veeeerrrrrryyyy slow postal service.
    Customs slow things down too.
    Last time it took a package 2.5 months to get from Europe to the USA.

Customs has been taking 1-2 months easy :/

https://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/ProductPages/BridgeBoard.html

#96 3 years ago

Added to FP2

15A56422-A676-4415-8CFE-ACFAB73F6AC9 (resized).jpeg15A56422-A676-4415-8CFE-ACFAB73F6AC9 (resized).jpegA3694177-6FB8-4CF3-9E04-749254D1BA34 (resized).jpegA3694177-6FB8-4CF3-9E04-749254D1BA34 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #97 3 years ago

Does this work on a sys11 Swords of Fury?

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Does this work on a sys11 Swords of Fury?

No.
    Swords of Fury is a System 11B and has an Aux. Power Board, which has the bridge rectifiers and fuses, on board.
    No need for the Bridge Board.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from Inkochnito:

No.
    Swords of Fury is a System 11B and has an Aux. Power Board, which has the bridge rectifiers and fuses, on board.
    No need for the Bridge Board.

Dang it! I see some high power draw etc and wanted to protect it.

So I need to leave the gear? :/

IMG_9917 (resized).jpgIMG_9917 (resized).jpg
    #100 3 years ago

Yes, the fuse on the side of the backbox is for the rectifier and BIG capacitor (controled lamps).
    On the Aux. board is the fuse for the solenoids (among others).

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bridge-board-available-for-williams-games/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.