• Bride of Pinbot 19 votes
    43%
  • Earth Shaker 23 votes
    52%
  • None of the Above 2 votes
    5%

(44 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Bride of pinbot Vs Earth Shaker wich one you pick and why?

#2 4 years ago

I like both machines quite a bit. Bride is one of the best looking machines around. I love the sounds and light show. However, I thought the billion point shot threw it off a little. Earth shaker is much better in my opinion. The theme integration with the shaker is perfect. The music is addictive. Classic lawlor design. I’ve owned it twice and it is high on the must own again list for me.

#3 4 years ago

I owned bop for awhile and thought it was cool. Great music and sounds as well. I felt the pf was limited in that the shots are so short and obviously right flipper dominant. The billion point shot is neat.

ES I’ve played a bunch and can’t seem to enjoy it all that much. I’ve tried. I’m not a lawlor fan at all. I hate his multiple inlanes and upper flipper shots. (See fh and ww).

I think there are better games out there.

#4 4 years ago

I rather not have either game Earthsaker Is shoot center ramp over and over. BOP is either left ramp over and over or center ramp over and over.

#5 4 years ago

Both are fun... I’m gonna say Earthshaker because it’s a little more challenging but BOP is always a fun flip.

1 week later
#6 4 years ago

I own an ES and have played BOP on location near me multiple times. For me BOP is a better looking machine but the game play is basically shoot left ramp and don’t try the center ramp or you drain 90% of the time. Multiball is challenging so I do like that about it. If BOP was a $2.5k machine I would probably own one to go with my Pinbot but at $3-3.5k there are other titles I’d rather own.

As for ES, I bought it recently to go with my Whirlwind. The backglass is fantastic, love the art. The gameplay can be a mixed bag depending on how you choose to play. The center ramp is an easy shot and is loopable for quite a while. If you are just looking to score points then I can see how this would become repetitive and boring. If you play with all the shots and go for lit targets and try to start multiball it’s a much more enjoyable pin. I wish someone would come up with a tweak to the code so that the ramp values don’t escalate which would dissuade people from just shooting the center ramp.

Overall for me ES is a better bang for the buck but YMMV.

#7 4 years ago

From a layout perspective...

The layout on BoP is very controversial in my book.
I consider it the actual prototype of "low-ceiling (cramped), fan layout, of posts... with not much happening if you miss a shot." It's a really poor layout design that will influence future games (unfortunately).

ES on the other hand is almost as good as WW, and has a lot to do... It's not in my collection since subjectively, I don't like the music... but the layout is very good.

No competition for me.

ES by a mile.

I also don't like stop n go and wasted space, and I think BoP are kings of both...

-mof

#8 4 years ago

Pretty even if you ask me, but I'm going to go with Bop, sounds, art, rotating head, just like it better

#9 4 years ago

I don’t like to vote when i own one (ES) and only have limited plays on the other (BOP) so i didn’t. I get the arguments about one shot games - and really both of these can be. But i don’t play every game likes its a tournament and exploit the scoring. I absolutely love the moment in BOP when you lock the last ball and you bring her to life. Don’t mind the stop n go moment here. The whole cutting out of lights and the heartbeat animation is some cool shit! Hence this has stayed on my wish list

#10 4 years ago

I have very fond memories of earthshaker in a bowling alley in the states so I'm seriously biased towards it. But generally just love the theme and the music, the weird little sounds it makes wjen you hit targets and it spits the ball out the habitrail just everything about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-vs-earth-shaker?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.