Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Letter_K
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Okay, so I got my BoP working tonight. While I was cleaning up, my friend played one game, completely successful. Then I touched the coin door, the game gave me one random credit, and then the playfield shut off and now when I turn it on nothing below the display turns on at all.

I know I've seen this problem with these WPC coin door causing all manner of havok, but I'm at a loss for the solution.

And I was so close...

#2 11 years ago

That sucks. Good luck with this issue.
It's a great pin when it works.

#3 11 years ago

Wow, haven't seen that one before. Blow any fuses?

#4 11 years ago

Check the credit switch. I think it has something to do with the insulating fish paper between the leafs.

Not sure, but it's worth a look.

I remember reading about that issue. If I can find it, I'll update...

Happy hunting.

#5 11 years ago

Yeah, all the fuses are fine.

Thanks for the lead Prmailers, it'll give me something to work with.

#6 11 years ago

Strange, check the coin door slam switch as well. Check for shorts, wires, something touching under the PF.

#7 11 years ago

The slam switch is fine and I can't see anything wrong with the wiring. I'll have to spend more time on it and really get down to brass tacks. I'm about ready to throw this machine into traffic

#8 11 years ago

I had the same thing going on with my Bobby Orr Power Play and found a cut wire going previously going to a coin switch was shorting against the door. YMMV.

#9 11 years ago

Check the lockdown bar handle. If I remember right these had a nasty habit of shorting against the coin door. Wrap it in electrical tape or plasti-dip it

#10 11 years ago

Okay, the handle is wrapped up to a point, and when the short occured, I didn't have the bar in its rightful place. If that caused the problem, what would be the solution or where along should I be checking?

More intel: Now that there is no power below the displays, the LED2 on the main board is no coming on. The game boots but won't go into test mode, as none of the functions on the coin door seem to be getting power.

#11 11 years ago

If you want to drop her off at my house, I would be happy to teach her a lesson.

Check the power board to make sure you are getting juice. Have the batteries been leaking?

#12 11 years ago

The batteries haven't been leaking, but I am having trouble with the game keeping the settings. I didn't think the problems were part of the same issue, so I was focusing on getting the game to actually play before messing with the batteries.

I have checked them though, and replaced them. The bottom contacts on two of the battery ports are missing some of the metal.

#13 11 years ago

The coin door transistors and the batteries are very close together... reflow those leads and reseat all the connectors in that area and see if you can get the spice back in your relationship.

#14 11 years ago

Thank you. I'll try that tonight when I get off work.

#15 11 years ago

Take a DCV reading at TP3. Your 12V is probably out.

Failing that, you may have nuked the 339 that controls the coin door switches.

#16 11 years ago

Yeah, that's it. TP3 isn't getting any juice.

#17 11 years ago

It doesn't look like I'm getting anything to the Q2 transistor. It's attached to a heat sink but generates no heat when the game is turned on.

#18 11 years ago

I was hoping it was a connector, but it sounds like you have some board work ahead of you.

#19 11 years ago

Eh, at this point I'd walk to jameco through zombie apocalypse to pick up the part.

#20 11 years ago

Take DCV at TP8. Dead? Pull one side of F114 out of holder and do a continuity check across it. If F114 checks out but TP8 is dead, replace BR1 (unusual, but possible).

If TP8 has voltage but TP3 doesn't, pull & check F115. If F115 is good, replace Q2.

#21 11 years ago

Okay, now we are waiting for the part order. I'll have the finals (hopefully) in a few days to a week.

2 weeks later
#22 11 years ago

Okay, I've got her booting and testing. She's saying there's a pinball missing when you try to start a game and the game resets factory settings everytime you turn in off.

Getting so close...

#23 11 years ago

Oh snap! I just got a game in! Once I get that CMOS battery thing resolved, I should have her better than when I bought her.

Thank you guys for all your help. This machine has always been my worst nightmare.

Any more tips on the factory reset issue would be greatly appreciated.

-K

#24 11 years ago

Okay got it! Here's what happend, in case anyone comes across the need for it:

I was getting a "factory reset" message every time I turned on the machine. I tested the batteries individually and they were all fine.

Then I tested pins 26,26, and 28 on the chip at U8. They are the three on the upper right of the chip. They tested at no voltage.

I tested the diode at D2 and only got power going one way. Replacing this diode fixed the problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-the-final-insult and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.