• Latest reply 4 years ago by Jmckune
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0A14C803-3854-4EE7-9FD9-4F49EF148DEB (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I have an intermittent problem on my bride of pinbot. Sometimes when the ball is ejected into the shooter lane 110 points will be added. I have no idea how to read the switch matrix to target whatever is causing it. Anyone with more experience than me able to figure out what it might be?

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I have an intermittent problem on my bride of pinbot. Sometimes when the ball is ejected into the shooter lane 110 points will be added. I have no idea how to read the switch matrix to target whatever is causing it. Anyone with more experience than me able to figure out what it might be?

Edit: seems like it might be one of the slingshots getting triggered

#3 4 years ago

And of course it couldn’t be the ones that are easily accessible. I’m betting it’s this one that’s next to the jets. The gap is basically non existent and I wouldn’t be able to hear or see it activate if it happened simultaneously with a ball eject or plunge since both make a lot of noise,

0A14C803-3854-4EE7-9FD9-4F49EF148DEB (resized).jpeg0A14C803-3854-4EE7-9FD9-4F49EF148DEB (resized).jpeg
#4 4 years ago

You could put in switch test and bang on the playfield might tell you witch switch is triggering. If able to determine then pull from the bottom of the playfield the switch and re gap.

#5 4 years ago

I’m betting it’s the thumper bumper up by the jets, if there is a gap it’s very very small I’ll have adjust it

#6 4 years ago

That shooter lane switch just needs to be adjusted.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

That shooter lane switch just needs to be adjusted.

The 110 is triggering before the ball even falls back onto the shooter lane switch so I don’t think it’s that one since it doesn’t add a score either. I’m fairly certain it has to be the one at the end by the ball gate. When I got the game the rubber was basically dry rotting off of it and the new rubber up there is much tighter. I also noticed it sometimes triggers as the ball is launched towards the skill shot which would make since given that the switch not only is In a position to be effected by front to back vibration like would happen when the ball is plunged. The only 3 places that trigger 110 are the 2 slingshots and the thumper bumper.

1 week later
#8 4 years ago

It was the thumper bumper by the jets. Re-gapped those and now the problem has gone away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.99
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 40.00
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-switch-issue?hl=jmckune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.