(Topic ID: 184900)

Bride of Pinbot "Super LE" $12,500 -Will 1 person admit to wanting it?

By Rarehero

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by kvan99
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you want a BOP 2.0 Super LE for $12,500?”

• YES - I have put down a deposit. I love everything about it. Take my money! 14 votes
    4%
  • MAYBE - ...but only once Dutch works out their other issues. I think the price is fair. 7 votes
    2%
  • NO - Dutch can't get Lebowskis built, why would I ever buy their 2nd game at THAT price!? 351 votes
    94%

(372 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tulip1 (resized).png
IMG_0747 (resized).JPG
IMG_1378 (resized).JPG
IMG_1377 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 7 years ago

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out where the demand for BoP25 would come from. With over 8,000 produced, getting a BoP is not exactly a challenge. Likewise, those who liked the look of BoP but did not like the code had the option of getting the BoP 2.0 kit. I heard (but did not confirm while I was there) that Cointaker still had a kit during TPF. This suggests to me that most people who fell into the category of wanting a "refreshed" BoP either already acquired the kit or found the kit out of their price range.

So, along comes BoP25. Full machine, but basically a BoP 2.0 with a new art package and a limit of 150 units. If the goal is to win over BoP fans, you'd need to find someone who loves the game (the geometry with the BoP 2.0 rules) but also wanted to ditch the Python art for their new take. I'm not sure who that would be. I suppose there are people who actually like how BoP shoots but hate how it looks. This does not seem to be the majority opinion, however. All I can say is I don't prefer the new art compared to the old art, and I don't think BoP is a very good player compared to later games (though I do like the BoP 2.0 kit and think it is an improvement to the rules, I don't think it makes BoP an "A lister").

The other option would be the SLE status of the machine. Is 150 units rare enough for the average collector to think it is rare? I've wondered from time to time what the break-point is. I mean, I see plenty of sub-1,000 count games that are cheap because they aren't popular for whatever reason (gameplay usually). I don't think 150 units is particularly rare, especially since it is impossible for me to divorce comparing BoP25 to the other versions already out there.

So I voted no. I think Dutch Pinball already cannibalized their future sales of BoP25 with the BoP 2.0 kit. Strategically, I'd argue it would have made more sense to do a 2.0 treatment on another game (either sell as a full pin like BoP25 is or do another kit). Or try to pull an AFMr/MMr and do a remake on some game they can get the license to (likely an older title, and no way could it sell for more than what AFMr is going for). My sense is the BoP well has been tapped by all who craved it, and there is little to no thirst left to quench.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

But is it still available FS somewhere? Or do you have to preorder it?
(I thought the last batch was sold out - may be some distros have it in stock?)

I think preorder at this point. I heard that Cointaker had one 2.0 kit available at the Texas Pinball Festival (this was before the BoP25 announcement). Their website is preorder-only on it, and it would not surprise me that it sold there. But, if they still had one this late in the game, it would lead me to believe demand was at a trickle (at least at the price it is being sold at).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-super-le-12500-will-1-person-admit-to-wanting-it?tu=dennisk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.