(Topic ID: 184900)

Bride of Pinbot "Super LE" $12,500 -Will 1 person admit to wanting it?

By Rarehero

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by kvan99
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you want a BOP 2.0 Super LE for $12,500?”

• YES - I have put down a deposit. I love everything about it. Take my money! 14 votes
    4%
  • MAYBE - ...but only once Dutch works out their other issues. I think the price is fair. 7 votes
    2%
  • NO - Dutch can't get Lebowskis built, why would I ever buy their 2nd game at THAT price!? 351 votes
    94%

(372 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tulip1 (resized).png
IMG_0747 (resized).JPG
IMG_1378 (resized).JPG
IMG_1377 (resized).JPG
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of the original. Would I buy a $12k version of it. F*** No!

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Serious question. Is Bride of Pinbot extremely popular over in Europe?
Here in the states its a minor blip on the pinball radar even after 2.0. I love to learn but this seems to be a huge miscalculation in itself.

Honestly I think they're just trying to leverage code/animation/sound that they've already done with a design they don't have to create...something like that SHOULD result in a CHEAPER game...but they shot for the moon here and missed.

#53 7 years ago

Don't care for the original, so an anniversary super duper deluxe edition does nothing for me. Now it's no secret that my all time favorite pinball is TOTAN. They could have released a TOTANr super duper genie edition, and I'd still vote no based on how they conduct business. On top of that, it's never to be the bottom guy in a pyramid scheme.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

How many do you get for $12,500?

At the rate there going with TBL.......... the answer would zero.

#55 7 years ago

So, the massive influx of BOP 3.0 funds will be given to ARA for TBL ransom.

But, how will DP actually afford to build BOP 3.0? A third game? BOP 4.0?

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Honestly I think they're just trying to leverage code/animation/sound that they've already done with a design they don't have to create...something like that SHOULD result in a CHEAPER game

That is my assumption also. My question was more directed at what a flawed decision it is to remake the title, BOP.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

if BOPSLE cash pays for TBLs, what pays for the BOBSLEs?

#58 7 years ago

does it come with the pinball table?
or is it just a kit?

#59 7 years ago

They should keep it super rare and just sell one. For one million dollars. And then deliver our TBLs.

IMG_0747 (resized).JPGIMG_0747 (resized).JPG

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

For every Bride of Pinbot "Super LE" sale they will use the money to get a big labowski to a customer, then they will probably have to come out with another super le to pay for bride of pinbot.

No, all they need to do is sell their own version of anti-reflective playfield glass to generate cash. The big secret is to use the glass vendor as a financial institution.

#61 7 years ago

I just can't believe anyone would currently give these guys .01 much less $12,500. And for that machine no less? I've been scratching my head for days trying to figure out how they possibly think this is going to happen. It's impossible right?

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I just can't believe anyone would currently give these guys .01 much less $12,500. And for that machine no less? I've been scratching my head for days trying to figure out how they possibly think this is going to happen. It's impossible right?

Well, if the got six individuals to give them $250.00 apiece for $20 Translights, that covers Jaap's airplane ticket if he slummed it in coach. You know they flew bidness or first class when the money was flowing.....

#63 7 years ago

Looks like this particular bride got left at the altar.
I'll stick with my 1.0 without the bling and big facelift thanks.

#64 7 years ago

I can totally see 6 people or so buying what will be a really rare translite.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Serious question. Is Bride of Pinbot extremely popular over in Europe?

Not to my knowledge, at least in France. Considered a decent game, but no more than that!?

Quoted from DennisK:

those who liked the look of BoP but did not like the code had the option of getting the BoP 2.0 kit.

But is it still available FS somewhere? Or do you have to preorder it?
(I thought the last batch was sold out - may be some distros have it in stock?)

#66 7 years ago

For tbl "owners" (those at ara): I 100% get the negativity but man this could be the only thing to get those tbl games in your hands ..

6 pinsidrs admit to interest (lets say 2 trolled, so 4 total that were willing to admit and vote). Let's say that maybe 10 actually put deposits, and that's 1/4 of pinball community as a whole that had initial interest (since we all know many aren't on pinside or that active). So maybe 40 , 50 people with interest.. say half drop out so maybe 20, 25 games are made in first (possibly only) batch.

2.0 already exists, bop same layout, parts, etc so pretty low actual cost to dp. If they made and sold 25 at 12500 each, its possible that could be enough to unlock the chains at ara and get tbls shipped.

Just a thought.. dp set out to make pinballs, not screw people over. If someone likes thebop25 and is ok with the price, despite the problems dp has had they could pull out of this.. either way risk is on the bop buyers with a potential gain and no loss to tbl owners.

Most people know the situation.. I'm not saying dp DESERVES the orders or more $$, but remaining options are not looking bright right now

#67 7 years ago

Get my Lawbowski built first , and I'd consider it

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

For tbl "owners" (those at ara): I 100% get the negativity but man this could be the only thing to get those tbl games in your hands ..
6 pinsidrs admit to interest (lets say 2 trolled, so 4 total that were willing to admit and vote). Let's say that maybe 10 actually put deposits, and that's 1/4 of pinball community as a whole that had initial interest (since we all know many aren't on pinside or that active). So maybe 40 , 50 people with interest.. say half drop out so maybe 20, 25 games are made in first (possibly only) batch.
2.0 already exists, bop same layout, parts, etc so pretty low actual cost to dp. If they made and sold 25 at 12500 each, its possible that could be enough to unlock the chains at ara and get tbls shipped.
Just a thought.. dp set out to make pinballs, not screw people over. If someone likes thebop25 and is ok with the price, despite the problems dp has had they could pull out of this.. either way risk is on the bop buyers with a potential gain and no loss to tbl owners.
Most people know the situation.. I'm not saying dp DESERVES the orders or more $$, but remaining options are not looking bright right now

Kind of the same idea as each Achiever putting a $1,000 in escrow only to be released upon the delivery of their TBL. If every Achiever did that it would be enough money in escrow to get Dutch motivated again and stop wasting time on BOP

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Thought of that also ? Rare does not equal good or valuable.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

No fricken way. Same price, I'll take the BOP 3.0
If I had ridiculous amounts of cash I might be a buyer. I would have 10 cars in the garage before that though, so we're talking a lot of dinero.

Because 3.0 is hideous I'd rather just have the original even if the price was the same. I'm sure 3.0 plays better, but regular BOP plays well enough for me, and it looks about 10x better.

Quoted from Russell:

So, the massive influx of BOP 3.0 funds will be given to ARA for TBL ransom.
But, how will DP actually afford to build BOP 3.0? A third game? BOP 4.0?

This is purely speculation, but I would imagine the profit margin on BOP 3.0 is huge, hopefully covering most of the cost of building plus also supplying ARA with Big Lebowski money.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Same here. One thing that I've learned with Magic Girl is that there are people out there with FU money to burn and will buy anything that looks rare and has a story.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Thought of that also ? Rare does not equal good or valuable.

that's true. I have new stars phoenix, and there might be 4 left in existence. Maybe. And that game sucks. Worst one there is out of the zacs. Clunky (even after hours of tweeking to get it to play better), rules feel unfinished, art package is terrible. Valuable because it's so damn rare, but it's the least fun of the zaccaria catalogue.

#73 7 years ago

Redesigning an old classic game and modernizing it is a cool idea. I like the idea of being able to choose different game modes of original and new. I prefer a more stock look personally but get what they are doing. I can totally see pinheads who shy away from all the pinside drama, have plenty if money, and want something rare and unique.

#74 7 years ago

This could have been a BBB or CCC remake and I'd still be out. We're talking about a BRIDE OF PINBOT!!!!!!! FOR $12k+!!!!!!!

There might be a few people out there with more money than sense (10 tops), but this is a huge pass for anyone sane.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

But is it still available FS somewhere? Or do you have to preorder it?
(I thought the last batch was sold out - may be some distros have it in stock?)

I think preorder at this point. I heard that Cointaker had one 2.0 kit available at the Texas Pinball Festival (this was before the BoP25 announcement). Their website is preorder-only on it, and it would not surprise me that it sold there. But, if they still had one this late in the game, it would lead me to believe demand was at a trickle (at least at the price it is being sold at).

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Kind of the same idea as each Achiever putting a $1,000 in escrow only to be released upon the delivery of their TBL. If every Achiever did that it would be enough money in escrow to get Dutch motivated again and stop wasting time on BOP

Might be.. if that's actually how much they need. Wonder how many buyers would pay that extra 1k just to get their game and be done with this? All?

#77 7 years ago

Price breakdown of $12,000

$6,000 for the machine
$6,000 to pay lawyers.

#78 7 years ago

Appropriate as tulip mania was Dutch!

tulip1 (resized).pngtulip1 (resized).png

#79 7 years ago

Yeah no. I like Bride of Pinbot and eventually want to get one but not this one. Does Dutch Pinball even have the licensing rights from WMS to make it?

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

Yeah no. I like Bride of Pinbot and eventually want to get one but not this one. Does Dutch Pinball even have the licensing rights from WMS to make it?

Yes, they have the rights from PPS. PPS controls all the licensing of Bally/Williams pinball IP. PPS previously licensed the BOP 2.0 kit.

#81 7 years ago

I see no one has stepped up yet to explain why they'd buy one.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I see noone has stepped up yet to explain why they'd buy one.

Quoted from o-din:

A lot sent off $8000 for a machine that didn't exist yet from a company that hasn't delivered them all yet, so why not?

#83 7 years ago

Yes, but no one is admitting to wanting one.

#84 7 years ago

For $12,000 you can go to Amsterdam and get screwed way more than once

#85 7 years ago

I want one. Gonna have it shipped with my TBL to save on transport costs and bring the price back into line.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Another drink shooting out of the nose post!!

You guys suck

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Haha! Touch 'em all.

1 month later
#88 6 years ago

^BUMP^

Party of no one?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

^BUMP^
Party of no one?

Haha no I forgot all about this garbage they tried to sell. Man BOP is a cute game to let you kids play...2.0 is a but better but please make it stop

#90 6 years ago

I can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to buy one. Just scrap the project and finish tbl.

#91 6 years ago

Still boggles my mind that a rational person would think this would sell.

What I don't get is how could they get it SO RIGHT with TBL in terms of art and then MISS SO HARD on this? It's like completely different people were involved.

#92 6 years ago

People in desperate situations will do irrational and odd things. Dutch is in a desperate situation...

#93 6 years ago

I just want to find a nice original for sale.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I just want to find a nice original for sale.

Well, if DP fumbles TBL, you can buy mine...if this thing crashes and burns, I won't want any reminder of their existence in my house.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, if DP fumbles TBL, you can buy mine...if this thing crashes and burns, I won't want any reminder of their existence in my house.

Did you dump BoP 2.0?

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Did you dump BoP 2.0?

No, it's in my game.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, it's in my game.

I hope to own a premo BoP 2.0 one day. These fockers (DP) are super talented, but I know what you mean about being down on the whole situation. Putting out BoP 3.0 is jumping the shark and I hope they will put their talents to good use again once the TBL dust settles. They just need to stay away from the business and manufacturing side of things. That and any future Pinbot title.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I am looking for a 1.0 bop. All this 2.0 stuff did for me is make it harder to find an original.

3 weeks later
#99 6 years ago

Well, according to Jaap's webcast today, this project is dead.

#100 6 years ago

It never had life but technically he said that it would be delayed until after finishing TBL. We'll see if that time ever comes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-super-le-12500-will-1-person-admit-to-wanting-it/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.