(Topic ID: 184900)

Bride of Pinbot "Super LE" $12,500 -Will 1 person admit to wanting it?

By Rarehero

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kvan99
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you want a BOP 2.0 Super LE for $12,500?”

• YES - I have put down a deposit. I love everything about it. Take my money! 14 votes
    4%
  • MAYBE - ...but only once Dutch works out their other issues. I think the price is fair. 7 votes
    2%
  • NO - Dutch can't get Lebowskis built, why would I ever buy their 2nd game at THAT price!? 349 votes
    94%

(370 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tulip1 (resized).png
IMG_0747 (resized).JPG
IMG_1378 (resized).JPG
IMG_1377 (resized).JPG

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

Alrighty, so as you may or may not know, Dutch announced a "Super LE" of Bride of Pinbot with an all new art package for $12,500. In the other Dutch threads, I haven't seen one person say they thought this was cool or that they'd want to order one?

Let's pretend Dutch is actually a competent company that hasn't botched the building of the rest of the Lebowski games...does this title interest you? Would you buy one if they were available to ship immediately? Granted that's not the reality - but I'm curious if there's even a market for this under different circumstances.

Personally, I don't think there is - I think the art is like a horrible amateur non-style comicbook. The price is way too high. The only reason Batman '66 got away with a high price is Batman nostalgia...there are enough people who LOVE Adam West Batman that they were able to sell these to non-pinball people. Non-pinball people have no idea what Bride of Pinbot is....and the pinball people already have one or want an original, which is a fraction of the cost, even restored.

So, I've said my peace. Does anyone want Dutch's $12,500 BOP?

#2 2 years ago

Damn, this is funny. I just started one of these too.

#3 2 years ago

IMG_1377 (resized).JPG

#4 2 years ago

My buddy just sold a nice one for 2,600

#5 2 years ago

How many do you get for $12,500?

#6 2 years ago

Even if it was the best game in the history of the world, there's zero chance I'd send them any money considering how they've handled TBL.

#7 2 years ago

Thought I saw someone asking for a tpf attendee if they would put down a deposit for them earlier?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

How many do you get for $12,500?

Probably none lol

#9 2 years ago

Buy a BOP, buy a 2.0 kit, send to HEP. You don't end up (edited) and you get a nicer game.

#10 2 years ago

So far 2 people clicked "yes", yet haven't joined the conversation to explain their desire for this game. Please join the conversation, or we'll chalk that up to "Troll Votes"

#11 2 years ago

Possibly the most perfect meme ever so it's worth a double post

IMG_1378 (resized).JPG

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So far 2 people clicked "yes", yet haven't joined the conversation to explain their desire for this game. Please join the conversation, or we'll chalk that up to "Troll Votes"

Those were from Odin and Kenada

#13 2 years ago

For what it's worth, the BoP 2.0 kit is killer! Game play, display, sound, etc - and the ability to go back to the regular game play is like having 2 (almost) games in one...I like that in a small collection. I love it. So, selfishly, I hope that this gets made and the 2.0 software gets the benefit of the 3.0 work

Having said all of that, I wouldn't personally pay $12,500 for a BoP 3.0. But it wouldn't surprise me if they found 50 people to do so!

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Buy a BOP, buy a 2.0 kit, send to HEP. You don't end up ass raped and you get a nicer game.

And you get one.

And you get one sooner.

#15 2 years ago

I have played quite a bit of bop 2.0 as a friend loaned me one for a while. it is quite good. in fact, way better than bop. WAY better. but I wouldn't step up for that kind of cash on a 3.0. I find the playfield limiting in terms of shot variety. better to spend on AFMr which I found stunning at TPF. Admittedly, Alien and Dialed In looked to have great layouts too. I believe these are all better games for your NIB money.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

For what it's worth, the BoP 2.0 kit is killer!

I agree. I was the first person to place an order and it's fantastic! One of the things I loved about it is that it doesn't seem like a mod. You know how a lot of mods looked like a tacked on aftermarket item...you KNOW it's not original. BOP with the 2.0 kit still seems original. It's professional through and through. IMO, that was the appeal - upgrading the original while still keeping the original flavor. The new art package destroys all that. Now it looks like a weird amateur aftermarket type of thing. AND....THE PRICE.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I agree. I was the first person to place an order and it's fantastic! One of the things I loved about it is that it doesn't seem like a mod. You know how a lot of mods looked like a tacked on aftermarket item...you KNOW it's not original. BOP with the 2.0 kit still seems original. It's professional through and through. IMO, that was the appeal - upgrading the original while still keeping the original flavor. The new art package destroys all that. Now it looks like a weird amateur aftermarket type of thing. AND....THE PRICE.

Well said! I hope we see more kits like this in the future for other games!

#18 2 years ago

People dont really buy buy BBB for the art or gameplay. Someone would buy these.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Linkage:

People dont really buy buy BBB for the art or gameplay. Someone would buy these.

LOL yes they do. BBB's art is phenomenal. It plays great...but also has an interesting story behind it's true rarity. BOP already exists! If you want a BBB, there's no option other than getting a BBB. If you want a BOP, you can get one...for "cheap"!

#20 2 years ago

If I had more money then God I'd buy a couple....but seeings how I'm poor there's no way that I'd pay $15,500 for this or ANY game. Unless a lot of parts were made of solid gold that is.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, I've said my peace. Does anyone want Dutch's $12,500 BOP?

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/qa/speak-your-piece-and-hold-your-peace

And to answer the question. No way in hell

#22 2 years ago

A lot sent off $8000 for a machine that didn't exist yet from a company that hasn't delivered them all yet, so why not?

#23 2 years ago

Not a problem for me. I'd definitely be in at $1,250.00

#24 2 years ago

I'd like to know how many that are still waiting on Lebowski are looking to send in $4500 more and upgrade to BoP3.0.

#25 2 years ago

So we've got six buyers, none will join the chat tho. Even if they weren't fake votes, 6 buyers is nothing. Usually you can say Pinside is a fraction of the market - but in this case, no one outside the pinball scene knows or cares about this. This is telling.

#26 2 years ago

I have little faith in Dutch pinball.

#27 2 years ago

Didn't I read somewhere that Dutch couldn't even show gameplay of BOP super LE.. because that prototype is also being held by ARA? How dumb does DP think buyers are?.... That have $12.5k burning a hole in their pocket?

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL yes they do. BBB's art is phenomenal. It plays great...but also has an interesting story behind it's true rarity. BOP already exists! If you want a BBB, there's no option other than getting a BBB. If you want a BOP, you can get one...for "cheap"!

I just played BBB for the first time. I already liked the artwork. The game play was fun and I enjoyed it.
If PPS/CG makes a remake of BBB I would think about getting one. Please note I wouldn't pay $12,500.00 for one. For a Bride of Pinbot "Super LE" the price would need to be around 5K-6K and it would need to be made by a different pinball mfg.

#29 2 years ago

Well, sure, if i get it for free.

Any payment is out of the question.

#30 2 years ago

Honestly I would rather have a regular BOP than a super LE, even if they cost the same.

#31 2 years ago

Sounds like they have a super market research team on board

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I just played BBB for the first time. I already liked the artwork. The game play was fun and I enjoyed it.
If PPS/CG makes a remake of BBB I would think about getting one. Please note I wouldn't pay $12,500.00 for one.

Agreed. I love BBB, but I don't *NEED* BBB. If PPS remakes it, I'm in.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

My buddy just sold a nice one for 2,600

I'm guessing not with a Bride 2.0 kit in it though, or it would have been for 2K more.

#34 2 years ago

As a newer collector with too much money who has overpaid for the majority of my pins, I still say "not a chance!" It would have to be half that price to even be a consideration. The "yes" votes are definitely trolls.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So we've got six buyers, none will join the chat tho. Even if they weren't fake votes, 6 buyers is nothing. Usually you can say Pinside is a fraction of the market - but in this case, no one outside the pinball scene knows or cares about this. This is telling.

They're afraid to be slaughtered online by you I bet, I mean, thats what you're after in this thread, is it not?

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

They're afraid to be slaughtered online by you I bet, I mean, thats what you're after in this thread, is it not?

Nope. I wouldn't slaughter someone for being interested in something. I'm genuinely curious if someone is actually interested in this version of the game, from this company, at this price. Honestly, us Lebowski buyers NEED people to want this thing...it only benefits us in the end - but I truly don't think there's a market for this. If someone's buying it, I'd really love to hear their take.

#37 2 years ago

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out where the demand for BoP25 would come from. With over 8,000 produced, getting a BoP is not exactly a challenge. Likewise, those who liked the look of BoP but did not like the code had the option of getting the BoP 2.0 kit. I heard (but did not confirm while I was there) that Cointaker still had a kit during TPF. This suggests to me that most people who fell into the category of wanting a "refreshed" BoP either already acquired the kit or found the kit out of their price range.

So, along comes BoP25. Full machine, but basically a BoP 2.0 with a new art package and a limit of 150 units. If the goal is to win over BoP fans, you'd need to find someone who loves the game (the geometry with the BoP 2.0 rules) but also wanted to ditch the Python art for their new take. I'm not sure who that would be. I suppose there are people who actually like how BoP shoots but hate how it looks. This does not seem to be the majority opinion, however. All I can say is I don't prefer the new art compared to the old art, and I don't think BoP is a very good player compared to later games (though I do like the BoP 2.0 kit and think it is an improvement to the rules, I don't think it makes BoP an "A lister").

The other option would be the SLE status of the machine. Is 150 units rare enough for the average collector to think it is rare? I've wondered from time to time what the break-point is. I mean, I see plenty of sub-1,000 count games that are cheap because they aren't popular for whatever reason (gameplay usually). I don't think 150 units is particularly rare, especially since it is impossible for me to divorce comparing BoP25 to the other versions already out there.

So I voted no. I think Dutch Pinball already cannibalized their future sales of BoP25 with the BoP 2.0 kit. Strategically, I'd argue it would have made more sense to do a 2.0 treatment on another game (either sell as a full pin like BoP25 is or do another kit). Or try to pull an AFMr/MMr and do a remake on some game they can get the license to (likely an older title, and no way could it sell for more than what AFMr is going for). My sense is the BoP well has been tapped by all who craved it, and there is little to no thirst left to quench.

#38 2 years ago

It's the BM66 SLE question all over again, yes you and I think it's crazy, but to the few who are sporting $40k wrist watches this is the only one to have. Btw, BBB has nice art and concept but it plays like SF2.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

It's the BM66 SLE question all over again, yes you and I think it's crazy, but to the few who are sporting $40k wrist watches this is the only one to have.

In the case of Batman though - you have Batman nostalgia driving much of the demand. It's coming from Stern so you know you'll get it (whether it's coded or not lol). There never was a Batman '66 pin before...so to someone who loves that theme, it's something they've always wanted. BOP exists already. BOP 2.0 in original BOPs exist already. BOP isn't a pop culture nostalgia thing, so it's not something non-pin hardcores are going to care about. The only market for this is people like us...and people like us are fine w/ the existing BOP and wouldn't replace it with this one, from this company, at this price.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out where the demand for BoP25 would come from. With over 8,000 produced, getting a BoP is not exactly a challenge. Likewise, those who liked the look of BoP but did not like the code had the option of getting the BoP 2.0 kit. I heard (but did not confirm while I was there) that Cointaker still had a kit during TPF. This suggests to me that most people who fell into the category of wanting a "refreshed" BoP either already acquired the kit or found the kit out of their price range.
So, along comes BoP25. Full machine, but basically a BoP 2.0 with a new art package and a limit of 150 units. If the goal is to win over BoP fans, you'd need to find someone who loves the game (the geometry with the BoP 2.0 rules) but also wanted to ditch the Python art for their new take. I'm not sure who that would be. I suppose there are people who actually like how BoP shoots but hate how it looks. This does not seem to be the majority opinion, however. All I can say is I don't prefer the new art compared to the old art, and I don't think BoP is a very good player compared to later games (though I do like the BoP 2.0 kit and think it is an improvement to the rules, I don't think it makes BoP an "A lister").
The other option would be the SLE status of the machine. Is 150 units rare enough for the average collector to think it is rare? I've wondered from time to time what the break-point is. I mean, I see plenty of sub-1,000 count games that are cheap because they aren't popular for whatever reason (gameplay usually). I don't think 150 units is particularly rare, especially since it is impossible for me to divorce comparing BoP25 to the other versions already out there.
So I voted no. I think Dutch Pinball already cannibalized their future sales of BoP25 with the BoP 2.0 kit. Strategically, I'd argue it would have made more sense to do a 2.0 treatment on another game (either sell as a full pin like BoP25 is or do another kit). Or try to pull an AFMr/MMr and do a remake on some game they can get the license to (likely an older title, and no way could it sell for more than what AFMr is going for). My sense is the BoP well has been tapped by all who craved it, and there is little to no thirst left to quench.

Well said...we must also keep in mind the competition. For one BOP SLE, you can get any JJP or Stern game and have money left over. You could get 2 Stern Pros and have money leftover.

People might have been more interested in this thing for $6k give or take.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Honestly I would rather have a regular BOP than a super LE, even if they cost the same.

No fricken way. Same price, I'll take the BOP 3.0

If I had ridiculous amounts of cash I might be a buyer. I would have 10 cars in the garage before that though, so we're talking a lot of dinero.

#42 2 years ago

why would you pay 12k for a game you can get fairly easy for well under $1500 to start. If you want to modify it, you sure the hell can do it for a lot less than 11k.

#43 2 years ago

Sold my BOP 2.0. It was nice at first but man it was a grind as just super hard - maybe the hardest game I have owned.

$12500 with that art package..... they will be lucky to sell 15.

#44 2 years ago

How could they make it?

There email says they need money for Lawyers and to finish TBL?

Why would anyone send a Penny until the bring an open honest communication
to resolve TBL?

#45 2 years ago

It won't be long before people wise up that BoP 2.0 is just a wood chopping exercise anyway. The shine wears off pretty quickly and it gets kind of stale. I appreciate the attempt to bring a DMD to the game and to offer new ways to play, but having played to the end more than once, it's still a pretty vanilla experience. It's novel, and it's neat, if expensive. I can understand wanting to play with the 2.0 kit for a while or having it as an option.

What I can't understand is going whole hog on the SLE version. At the price and with that completely cringe-inducing art package, there's just no reason not to opt for an older game and to grab a BoP 2.0.

It's obvious that the entire reason this exists is to try to pull the TBL situation out from under the water with a massive profit margin play. One project to fund both. It's just not going to work unless people have outright lost their minds.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

How could they make it?
There email says they need money for Lawyers and to finish TBL?
Why would anyone send a Penny until the bring an open honest communication
to resolve TBL?

Exactly.. if BOPSLE cash pays for TBLs, what pays for the BOBSLEs? Does Bernie Madoff work for DP?

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Sold my BOP 2.0. It was nice at first but man it was a grind as just super hard - maybe the hardest game I have owned.

It's the only game I have set to 5 ball lol ...I also changed a lot of the other settings to keep it less grindy - less Jackpots to qualify the next Multiball, for example. Metamorphosis is pretty brilliant...it's worth tweaking to make that more doable. It's still hard as F tho!

#48 2 years ago

For every Bride of Pinbot "Super LE" sale they will use the money to get a big labowski to a customer, then they will probably have to come out with another super le to pay for bride of pinbot.

#49 2 years ago

Serious question. Is Bride of Pinbot extremely popular over in Europe?
Here in the states it's a minor blip on the pinball radar even after 2.0. This seems to be a huge miscalculation.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Serious question. Is Bride of Pinbot extremely popular over in Europe?
Here in the states its a minor blip on the pinball radar even after 2.0. I love to learn but this seems to be a huge miscalculation in itself.

Good Point.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 35.00
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Professor Pinball
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 305.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 115.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Electronics
TheDudeMods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside