(Topic ID: 75237)

Bride of Pinbot.... odd head behaviour....

By bonedoc

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Hatska1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a strange behavior on the bride....

If I start a game and put the ball in her mouth, she says "I can speak", spits it out, and then it goes to the lock and it released.

Occasionally, after these events, the head does not rotate. What seems even more odd is that the music does not progress to the next stage (the eye balls). The game plays and there is sound effects, but no music. It is almost as though the game is still functioning but the themes around the head halt.

I did resolder the relay board for the head and there was no change.

Any ideas?

Also, is it normal for the head to revert back a stage when the balls go out?

#2 10 years ago

Ok, I should have mentioned that I also resoldered the motor board. Also, it properly passed all head and head switch tests.

Im almost thinking it is the ROM! Would this seem funny?

#3 10 years ago

I ve had in the past a quite similar issue with a BOP and one of data pin from cpu to driver board was poor contact as trace was bad on cpu pcb if you have another cpu pcb try to swap it !

#4 10 years ago

I have had very similar issues happen to me before and have fixed it several times by running the head cycle 2-3 times as well as a full solenoid test once or twice and usually it fixes the problem. I would recommend trying the in game diagnostics out such as the solenoid test, head mtr/sw, head coil, and head manual a few more times before replacing any parts.

Also, I have been wondering if this is caused by a switch/solenoid not being activated for a few games and that this is the games way of saying it thinks there is an error. Is there any parts on your machine that haven't been triggered recently? I think on my machine if the small wheel lane has not been hit in a few games this happens to me.

Let me know what you think and if any of this fixes the problem. I would like to know what causes these problems as well.

#5 10 years ago

Hey guys! I ran the full head cycle several times...and as good as new!

#6 10 years ago

A bride behaving badly with the odd head ...... shocking!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.99
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-odd-head-behaviour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.