Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140128_102524.jpg
20140128_102515.jpg
DSCF2116.JPG
20140128_080924.jpg
20140128_081043.jpg
bopmotor.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheRingMaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi!

I have started to disassemble my bride of pinbot to clean it really good and replace broken or questionable parts.

I noted that on the head motor there is black dust. I also imagine it sounds a bit loud (does not know what it should sound like since its my first time playing the machine), like not "oiled" up. Like the gears and stuff in the gear box are completely dry and suffering a lot of wear. However it works fine but i wonder for how long.

The question is, first of all. Should there be some kind of grease on the gears in the gear box?
Generally in pinball terms grease and oil is kinda forbidden..

Second, would it be a good idea to change the motor for a new one while having the game apart...
Im thinking that maybe the coals inside it would need to be changed or the whole motor replaced to prevent it from breaking down anytime soon.

It looks like an ordinary hobby motor of some sort but does anyone know the specs for it, like amps and volts and stuff. I mean would it be possible to buy some standard hobby motor and replace it with or do i need to buy an expensive original motor?

Andy

bopmotor.JPGbopmotor.JPG

4 months later
#15 10 years ago

Hi there!

Im not good at looking at my activity and favourite threads but many thanks for the last posts explaining about the motor and gear box! It will come in handy once i get to fixing it. Painting the cab atm so still some work before the fine tuning.

Andy

2 years later
#16 8 years ago

Took while but a few days ago I took the gearbox apart and cleaned it up. Was needed...

Anyway, would still be interesting to know the RPM of the motor (at 20V that I think it is, even though the gear box says 12v if im not misaken), and maybe the torque and things. Its a dc motor for sure but someday it will break down and it must be possible to get a standard motor somewhere and throw in there.

#18 8 years ago

Hm, you have a point there. I think as long as it has the torque required to turn the head without overloading the speed doesnt matter that much unless its like super fast or super slow. I also assume (which you should never do.. ) that if the motor has good torque it wont be that fast anyway..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheRingMaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-motor-service?tu=TheRingMaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.