Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GNSRFASTER
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Again I am new to the hobby so please forgive the newbie question. My newly acquired BOP just started rebooting itself and I don't know where to start. It may stay on for 5 seconds and then restart. About 5 times later it finally dies with a few lights left on on the head piece. Thanks for any input guys.

#2 6 years ago

Once it completely dies check the status of the led's on the cpu board and test the 5 and 12 volts to the CPU board.

#4 6 years ago

No and no manual. Maybe I should call firebird on this one.

#5 6 years ago

You can just print the manual from the link that Vid posted, and a cheapo multi-meter is under $30. Both will be handy for the future, even if this ends up being something you can't fix by yourself. It may be helpful to troubleshoot some before calling for reinforcements.

#6 6 years ago

guessing your in az ?

#7 6 years ago

Ok I'll give it a try. And yes I am in AZ. I can't get it to stay off now it just keeps rebooting. Sometimes it will stay on for a few minutes and others every 10 seconds.

#8 6 years ago

I am going to try switching the driver board with my T2 machine which apparently has the exact same power supply board. Can someone tell me which one it is?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from GNSRFASTER:

I am going to try switching the driver board with my T2 machine which apparently has the exact same power supply board. Can someone tell me which one it is?

Huh??? BOP = System 11, T2 = WPC.

#10 6 years ago

Nevermind I may just sell all of them. That's two people that I know lied to me and I am stuck with two boat anchors lol. People suck in every hobby I guess. Thanks for your help guys .

#11 6 years ago

Sounds like your BOP is junk. Sell it to me cheaply so I can part it out...

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Huh??? BOP = System 11, T2 = WPC.

Unusual, but you are wrong here. BOP is an early alphanumberic WPC. I think that BOP, Funhouse and one other are alpha WPC. Easy mistake. They really look like they should be Sys 11s.

Quoted from GNSRFASTER:

That's two people that I know lied to me and I am stuck with two boat anchors lol.

I hope you're not serious. (and don't call me Shirley)
That was a simple to make mistake. No one lied.
Anyway, we are trying to help. Just keep in mind that free advice is often worth what you pay for it.

Check the manuals for each of your pins, look at the part numbers on the power supply board diagrams, see if they match or not.

Edit Update:
Looks like they should swap. From Pinball Rehab website:
Power Driver Board Compatibility
◦A-12697-1 (5763-12406-00) was used in WPC-89 games from Dr Dude to mid Twilight Zone.
It has a flipper enable relay on the board.
It can be used in all WPC-89 games. On Fliptronic games the flipper relay will not be used by the game software.

Post edited by RCA1: Mo' Info

#13 6 years ago

Gnsrfaster, I don't know how new you are to the hobby so if I insult you, my apologies. You have several machines so maybe you know more than me. I've been in it for a year and a year ago I didn't even know how to open it up. My first machine had so many problems I nearly quit and sold it. Is there anyone knowledgable that could help teach you? I lucked out in meeting somebody who has taught me so much that I've been able to now troubleshoot and fix several issues. The people on here are a big help too. I'm learning that so far the majority of issues are loose or bad connectors with broken wires a close second. My JD had reset issues too although it sounds different then yours. Turns out it was nothing more than loose screws holding a board down. Have you checked, reseated all coonectors, yet?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Unusual, but you are wrong here. BOP is an early alphanumberic WPC. I think that BOP, Funhouse and one other are alpha WPC. Easy mistake. They really look like they should be Sys 11s.

Good catch. I knew FH was WPC, didn't realize BOP was too. Looks like Dr Dude and Harley Davidson are alpha numeric WPC as well...

#15 6 years ago

lol I wasn't saying anyone here lied to me. You guys have been a great help. I have four pins and can do the basics on them. I think this machine had the issue when I got it. There were signs it was there. I have several arcade machines as well and the people that mask crap and lie just disgust me. Long story that I don't care to go in to. I will let it sit here for a while until I get sick of looking at it and dive in lol. As far as the FH and WPC I worded that question wrong sorry. I was told they both had the same driver board and that switching them would possibly define the problem. Miknan you didn't insult me at all. You made some good points. I am knew to the hobby and probably dove in too fast

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from GNSRFASTER:

lol I wasn't saying anyone here lied to me. You guys have been a great help. I have four pins and can do the basics on them. I think this machine had the issue when I got it. There were signs it was there. I have several arcade machines as well and the people that mask crap and lie just disgust me. Long story that I don't care to go in to. I will let it sit here for a while until I get sick of looking at it and dive in lol. As far as the FH and WPC I worded that question wrong sorry. I was told they both had the same driver board and that switching them would possibly define the problem. Miknan you didn't insult me at all. You made some good points. I am knew to the hobby and probably dove in too fast

You can certainly swap driver boards between BOP and T2. They are both WPC games as RCA1 mentioned.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

You can certainly swap driver boards between BOP and T2. They are both WPC games as RCA1 mentioned.

Is the driver board the one with the batteries?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from GNSRFASTER:

Is the driver board the one with the batteries?

Nope. That's the CPU. The driver board is lower right with big heat sinks and lots of connectors.

#19 6 years ago

Wow that's a huge board! Any hazards to watch out for (IE SHOCK ! ) lol

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from GNSRFASTER:

Wow that's a huge board! Any hazards to watch out for (IE SHOCK ! ) lol

Yeah. Don't change it with the power on.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Yeah. Don't change it with the power on.

lol Ok I am back in the game. Will change it tonight or tomorrow. It was doing some odd things last night. The power lights on that board remained dimly lit for about a minute.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside