(Topic ID: 271967)

Bride of Pinbot spinning head issues UPDATE!

By caz1844

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200630_193152 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caz1844.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys, Hoping someone can provide some direction with the following issues that I am having.
    1. BOP just started ejecting 2 balls in the shooter lane, through switches and shooter lane switch all look good.
    2. The Head seems to get "confused" from time to time and will be on the incorrect face for what's going on.
    3. Can't get into test mode, as I try to activate testing for switch and such, it kicks me right back to adjustment menu so I can not run any diagnostics.

Thanks guys, cheers.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

I would check the ribbon cable on the bottom.of the WPS mpu. My bride head occasionally gets confused and I can tell there has been some alkaline damage from a prior battery leakage. Perhaps it's just a poor connection ribbon cable on your case.

Ok, I'll try to reseat that ribbon cable as a good starting point for the head.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Post a picture of the MPU board so it can be checked for alkaline damage.

The MPU looks good, but I can post a picture. Batteries are mounted off the board.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

The face on my bop would get confused because one of the eye switches was getting triggered by the eyehole as the face rotated. Make sure you aren't triggering as it rolls past

That makes alot of sense, if an eye hole or a face switch is being triggered that could cause it to eject two balls in the shooter lane too i guess,,, what do you think?

#9 3 years ago

UPDATE###Board damage...UGH
    Upon further review , the board looks to have damage to it. I just got the game about a month ago batteries were off the board when I got it and I didn't look closely at the board but now I see it must have had previous damage... and now the game will nnot boot. What's my best course of action here? Try to clean it or get a new MPU?

20200630_193152 (1) (resized).jpg20200630_193152 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caz1844.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-issues-1?tu=caz1844 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.