New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 266124)

Bride of Pinbot issues

By J-mart

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by 85Txaggie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 months ago

I have several issues with my bop machine and time to investigate them now. Hopefully you can help!

1- Heart shot/Unlimited millions will not advance to 100k/500k/million. I have tested switches 77 and 41 with no issues identified. Both switches make a wooshing sound when the ball goes through them. the first gate for 1000 pts and the second gate (41) 5000 pts. I have been told 41 should make a heartbeat sound to advance the multiplier.

2 - The control gate switch 4 will not close. if it doesn't close then the ball never goes into the face/head. I have run the test and nothing comes up as an issue.

3 - Each time I turn the machine off, it goes to factory reset. I have replaced the three batteries in the head unit and it continues to factory reset.

Thank you for help

#2 6 months ago

the heart shot/unlimited millions has never worked correctly since I purchased the machine

#3 6 months ago

The factory reset is probably a corroded battery holder. If that is what it is, I recommend you cut the holder off the board and replace it with a remote battery holder or if you can de-solder the memory chip, then a NVRAM. How much corrosion is on the board? How does the solder mask look under the battery holder?

What does the controlled gate, Solenoid 4 (you said switch 4) do when you test it? Can you hear it operate? Can you visually see it move? When down, can a ball get past it?

#4 6 months ago

I didn't see any corrosion on the battery holder when I changed them. I will check again.

When I did the solenoid test on 4, the wire underneath attempted to move but the gate remains up. the metal gate does not come down so it allows the ball to go to the mini playfield every time. the metal gate is supposed to come down to block the ball from the mini playfield and allow the ball into the face. it previously worked correctly

#5 6 months ago

The gate attempts to move but it seems to be stuck in the up position

#6 6 months ago

i tried to move it with a screwdriver from the mini playfield. I have not taken it apart to get to the gate. its under plexiglass.

#7 6 months ago

Then you have to take things apart so you can see why the gate isn't working correctly. Could be a screw came loose or something else jammed it.

#8 6 months ago

ok

#9 6 months ago

The plexiglass is held on with 4 screws. Remove it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 42.00
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 23.00
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,299.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7.90
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    $ 24.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside