Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bop_headloose.jpg
#1 14 years ago

If you get to the second stage (optical link) face, then lose the game, the head turns to the third stage instead of back to the first stage. It was doing this once in a great while, but now it seems to be doing in every time.

I've tried recalibrating the head and reseting the machine, but I'm not so good with the mechanics and if it's a problem with the motor I have no idea what I'd be looking for to diagnose.

#2 14 years ago

I take it this is the mechanism you are talking about ?

I suggest you resolder all the pins on the head control relay as that the most common cause of the head not moving properly.

bop_headloose.jpgbop_headloose.jpg

#3 14 years ago

Thank you. I will take her apart and look into that.

#4 14 years ago

It's a good thing she's not inflatable or one would think you're building your own Bride.

#5 14 years ago

We all have our own little quirks...

#6 14 years ago

Before I met my current wife I knew a lady who wanted me to do her in the ear .. because every time I put it near her face she turned her head

#7 14 years ago

So you are saying she mistook it for a hearing aid?

#8 14 years ago

It's classic communication issues. She just wanted to hear where you were coming from, that's all.

5 months later
#9 13 years ago

We’ve finally gotten our hands into our Bride of Pinbot, to try to fix the head spinning the wrong way. After a long process of elimination, we’ve tracked the issue down to either the switch inside the head or the relay board that controls the direction.

We just tried completely replacing the switch inside the head (#67) and now the head only turns one way, which makes us think the relay is bad. My question is: could we have done something wrong in replacing switch 67, or are we on the right track with ordering a new directional relay and trying to replace that? The head was getting confused and now it’s just going the one way, no matter what. We’re not getting any error messages in the diagnostic mode, so we’re at a bit of a loss.

#10 13 years ago

Hi!

It's probably not the electronic. It's the mechanic.

See, in the mounting bracket of the head is a little electric notch.
This notch "counts" the turnings of the head, so that the pin knows in which postion the head itself is during play. When this notch does not work properly (due to weraout), the feedback for the head is missing and the machine gets confused about the position.

Sorry, that i posted so late and you went trough the pain of switching the head board (which mostly does control lightning and ball entry) befored you checked the more obvious reason.

Hope I could help.
Have fun with one of Brian Eddy's earlier works!

#11 13 years ago

You are talking about the switch that pushes in when the head spins, then rolls into the grooves as it sits on the first three heads? If so, I've already replaced that part. I do think it was bad, because after replacing it the head no longer gets confused. Now it just turns the wrong way.

The motor is fine, since the head doesn't have trouble turning. That's why I'm looking at the directional relay as the culprit. Is there something else mechanical that I'm not seeing?

#12 13 years ago

Does the head behave otherwise normal (expect turning in wrong direction of course)?

So if you start a mode, it turns first in the wrong direction, and then when you fail (the mode) does it than turn back into the now right direction?
Or does it always turn left whatever you?

#13 13 years ago

Have you checked the solder on the connectors for the relay to make sure it is not cracked? I would reflow the solder before purchasing a new relay.

#14 13 years ago

Not to change the topic - how do you guys like BoP one for sale locally $1000
I think its a bit high - but havent looked at it yet - any thoughts on this purchase from the crew.

if its spinning the wrong way just put it back in upside down
dont do that I have no clue sorry

#15 13 years ago

Originally posted by fusion301:

"... how do you guys like BoP one for sale locally $1000? I think its a bit high - but haven't looked at it yet ..."

It all really depends on the condition its in. If the machine is trashed, then it's obviously a rip-off. On the other hand, if it's in great shape, $1000 seems like a fair price.

#16 13 years ago

It just turns to the left now. I'm going to try the solder job SC, its a good idea. I'm sure the problem has to be surrounding that relay.

#17 13 years ago

Seal Clubber, you erotic being! I did as you suggested and Bridezilla works like she should. This is great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 9.99
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-head-turns-wrong-way and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.