Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinball-DOOD
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1008 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Hey all,

I have had my Bride of Pinbot for two years and just recently an issue regarding the head position appeared. Whenever she gets off position during gameplay, I'll go into test and undergo a Head Cycle and she will calibrate and function perfectly for 6 or 7 more games then she will be on the wrong face again. I have the schematics and have never worked on a Bride before (extensively). Could anyone point me in the right direction? Cold solderjoints on connectors? I'm stumped! Thanks!

The DOOD

#2 2 years ago

Is J138 supposed to look like this? Haven't got to check the book to see the purpose of this connector.

IMG_1008 (resized).JPG

#3 2 years ago

Looks like it's for lamps, nevermind!

#4 2 years ago

This is common on bop. Check the solder joints on the relay board for the head. It's on the left upper portion of the playfield.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

This is common on bop. Check the solder joints on the relay board for the head. It's on the left upper portion of the playfield.

Gotcha! Should I reflow header pin solder?

#6 2 years ago

Also check the adjustment on Switch 67 under the face plate. It controls the face position and is often the cause of problems with alignment.

#7 2 years ago

Yes. I purchased a second board just in case

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

Also check the adjustment on Switch 67 under the face plate. It controls the face position and is often the cause of problems with alignment.

Ah, thanks. What is the common issue with that?

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Yes. I purchased a second board just in case

Nice! Do I have to disassemble the head to reach the board?

#10 2 years ago

Not at all. When you lift the playfield, it's to the bottom left. I can take a pic if your not sure.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Not at all. When you lift the playfield, it's to the bottom left. I can take a pic if your not sure.

Terrific! Thanks for the help, I'll update tomorrow!

#12 2 years ago

All fixed! Now I'm having strange issues that have been goin on for a while where sometime the game won't boot. I was told it was a 5 volt issue. Could anyone tell me how I could address this? Thanks!

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Could anyone tell me how I could address this?

This should set you on the right path:

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

#14 2 years ago

Thanks! Time to reflow some more solder

#15 2 years ago

Just for ease, which connectors, compactor, and bridge rectifier would need to be reflowed? Could anyone take a picture? It would help greatly!

#16 2 years ago

What solved your issue with the head? I have the same issue but mine only pops up when I'm on face 3 and a ball drains and it should go back to face to but sometimes it will go to face 4 but the game will play like it's on face 2. Then recalibrate then ok. Where'd you get the extra board at?

#17 2 years ago

What version of the ROM are you running in the game? The later versions were supposed to handle the operation of the head better.

#18 2 years ago

L6 now. I got the have with L4 in it and can't remember having an issue but I don't thinkI paid much attention or ever got to head 3

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What solved your issue with the head? I have the same issue but mine only pops up when I'm on face 3 and a ball drains and it should go back to face to but sometimes it will go to face 4 but the game will play like it's on face 2. Then recalibrate then ok. Where'd you get the extra board at?

I just reflowed solder on the header pins on the little board to the left of her head (under playfield). Easy!

#20 2 years ago

Ah, she's getting it wrong again. Any other ideas?

#21 2 years ago

Just did a Factory Reset for the first time, she's doing well now!

4 weeks later
#22 2 years ago

Alright, seems to appear I'm having the issues again. Is there a connector on the Power Driver board I should reflow solder on?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside