(Topic ID: 167566)

Bride of Pinbot Head issues

By Namwreckit

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I've been reading a lot about the Bride of Pinbot pinball, but I can't figure this out.
When I turn the pinball on, her head will rotate for a really long time and never can seem to find face #1. I've run the test and it'll rotate a few times, get to her eyes and the bumpers will pop, then move to the next face and will think it's on the open mouth face and will pop the bumper.
I have opened it up and I can't seem to figure it out.

#2 7 years ago

It is the switch that contacts the metal plate. If you have the top open you will see it in the back.

#3 7 years ago

There is a switch inside the head that rides along the top metal piece that spins. There is an indent in that metal piece that will change the state of the switch when it's in the indent.

First, make sure the switch works. Remove the helmet and the two screws to remove whatever face is up when the game stops rotating. Go into switch edge test and work the switch by hand. You may need to go into head test and run the test manually to get it so the switch is in the indent area first, then go to switch edge test and test the switch. If the switch changes state in the switch edge test, make sure when you are in the head test that it shows that switch opens/closes when it rotates. You may need to bend the actuator arm so that it changes state when it goes in and comes out of the indent.

There's not much to the face position other than that one switch. If that switch doesn't work or it doesn't change state when it goes in the indent it will never know the position.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

There is a switch inside the head that rides along the top metal piece that spins. There is an indent in that metal piece that will change the state of the switch when it's in the indent.
First, make sure the switch works. Remove the helmet and the two screws to remove whatever face is up when the game stops rotating. Go into switch edge test and work the switch by hand. You may need to go into head test and run the test manually to get it so the switch is in the indent area first, then go to switch edge test and test the switch. If the switch changes state in the switch edge test, make sure when you are in the head test that it shows that switch opens/closes when it rotates. You may need to bend the actuator arm so that it changes state when it goes in and comes out of the indent.
There's not much to the face position other than that one switch. If that switch doesn't work or it doesn't change state when it goes in the indent it will never know the position.

I just opened it and messed with it some and turned it back on. Now it's able to find the 1st head but it sometimes doesn't go from 1 to the next one. Or, it'll cycle through a few faces. It's really confused.

#5 7 years ago

The switch is either intermittent or not adjusted right. Go into test and verify it is working - there are only two indents on the metal so it shouldn't change state with every face.

#6 7 years ago

I keep reading about this spinning head, just where is it on the playfield. I repair a bunch of used machines and Pinbot is one, but I see no evidence of a spinning head.

#7 7 years ago

"Bride of Pinbot" is a different machine than "Pinbot." There's no spinning head on a Pinbot.

2 weeks later
#8 7 years ago

I thought I had her head turning all good, but when you get to the 3rd face it will stop for a second then go to the 4th face.
Now, the flipper isn't working. I just put in a whole new kit. Seesh, this pinball is going to give me a migraine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
$ 9.99
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-head-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.